Hi

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
b8ppj

Hi

Post by b8ppj »

Hi,

Just joined and going to look at a 53 plate firestorm this week 8)
So a quick hello to all

I would like to fit high level cans to the bike when i get it, what's the best make ? And roughly what cost are they ?

Cheers Phil
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Hi

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Phil :thumbup:

As for after market can's have a look on ebay if you don't want to buy new. If you want new there are plenty of options. I run Scorpions on my Firestorm, also I believe Fuel are meant to be pretty good (build and price). So there two different makes for you to google. Also you'll have to decide if you want high-level or standard.

Chris.
b8ppj

Post by b8ppj »

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the welcome :cool2

I like the high level cans on your bike :thumbup:

Where did you get them from ? And roughly how much were they ?

Phil
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

hello there :thumbup:
high level pipes? good luck finding them! the only ones ive seen off the shelf are leo vince / fuel and iirc they are about 600 notes lol.
if someone knows otherwise please let me know as i would dearly love some 2" hi level link pipes to play with...
or alternatively, if someone knows a good bender :think: :roll: 8O
i've got pipe bending gear in the workshop but 2" inox is a bit beyond my capabilities lol

you say you're going to look at a 53 storm>>> take your chequebook & lid lol!
failing that, there are some belting well sorted rides for sale here with all the tastefull mods done and niggles fixed, even a sp1 &2 up for grabs :thumbup:
best thing about that is you can search the owner's posts and see the history of the bike... :beer:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

b8ppj wrote:Hi Chris,

Phil
Phil,
I think I got a good deal for my oval hi-level Scorpion cans in stainless steel from the NEC motorcycle show way back in 2002. They cost me £330. IMHO Scorpions cans are good quality and come with a life time warranty. Also they don't ever need repacking like some do.

I know prices have risen now like everything else, but have a look at this link below. You can email them for a price. You can also hear what they sound like too.
http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/Bikes/ ... del=18#bot
benny hedges wrote:hello there :thumbup:
high level pipes? good luck finding them! the only ones ive seen off the shelf are leo vince / fuel and iirc they are about 600 notes lol.
if someone knows otherwise please let me know as i would dearly love some 2" hi level link pipes to play with...
Benny,
Didn't Daz's (Stormsmasher) mate get some hi-level pipes made up for cliveyandrews :?:

Chris.
b8ppj

Post by b8ppj »

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info :thumbup:
I have sent them a email

Cheers Phil
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

b8ppj wrote:Hi Chris,

Phil
Phil - I cobbled mine up from Stubbys made by JC Exhausts, and the link pipes by JAC Exhausts...

105dB - luvverly!

.....as you see Pauline has twin-port Blueflames on hers, a deeper note, softer - mine a really harsh....

(but I like the "growler" tips on mine)
=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================