LED Daytime Running Lamps

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Rider on a Storm

LED Daytime Running Lamps

Post by Rider on a Storm »

Seen some of these on e-bay, anyone fitted them, r they as good as they say or it just a bit to much OTT? could do with some extra vis as some gits seem to either ignore bikes :eek2 with dims on or are just fuc**n blind bats that shouldnt have a dog licence let alone a driver permit, pics are posted on e-bay do they actually shine like that???
Tray
benny hedges

Re: LED Daytime Running Lamps

Post by benny hedges »

dunno about leds bud, but i wore my work hi vis coat last few rides while it was threatening to rain, and they swerve out the way when they see me coming lol.
must be the hi vis, white bike & white helmet.....

surprising how many crap themselves & slow down to bob on 30 when im on their bumper :lol:
especially with the camera on the front! :lol: :lol: :lol:

so how come they see me and not someone on a red bike with headlights on etc...
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Rider on a Storm

benny hedges wrote:dunno about leds bud, but i wore my work hi vis coat last few rides while it was threatening to rain, and they swerve out the way when they see me coming lol.
must be the hi vis, white bike & white helmet.....

surprising how many crap themselves & slow down to bob on 30 when im on their bumper :lol:
especially with the camera on the front! :lol: :lol: :lol:

so how come they see me and not someone on a red bike with headlights on etc...
:clap: :lol: I see your point benny, laughin my tits off just thinking about all them cage drivers looking in the mirror, shopping list white aerosol paint 3.99 hi vis vest 3.00, peace of mind priceless.
Tray
pariah

Post by pariah »

HA Benny, Yh hit the nail right on the head. Maybe you should write up to the top plod and ask hin to make all police bikes differnt colours. That way car drivers woun'nt know if you the bike coming was a plod or not. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dragons den here you come, could save a lot of lives.

Ps . I,ve changed my pilot light bulb for a small strobe that flashes 6 times a second.

Now I have noticed several cars pull out the way quick when coming up behind them . :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

pariah wrote:make all police bikes differnt colours.
well that's the trouble atm, theres one in humberside uses an unmarked busa, and a couple of fireblades knocking about, camera'd up to crouton :thumbdown:
seen a black fireblade plod around c&f & macc a few times...
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

wtf is that>???? looks like a bleedin laser!!! 8O
Pointblank

Post by Pointblank »

Doesn't look too bright in this photo but it is , fitted this led diode type bulb weeks ago and quite happy with it ,not as flash as some but there it is .

Also you can just see in the pic that i've started stripping the wheels today to polish the rims , can't believe how thin the paint was ! still polishing to do once the gear turns up.
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

Yeah, I did mine in the reflector bowl...

=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Pointblank wrote: Doesn't look too bright in this photo but it is , fitted this led diode type bulb weeks ago and quite happy with it ,not as flash as some but there it is .

Also you can just see in the pic that i've started stripping the wheels today to polish the rims , can't believe how thin the paint was ! still polishing to do once the gear turns up.
Pointblank,
What part number / wattage LED did you get, I think it is time to put a better bulb into mine, so if you can point me at the supplier or part number that will save me the faffing about, and I know it will fit.

Ta

AMQ
AMcQ
vtrbarmy

Post by vtrbarmy »

I've got some of these fitted on my Suzuki (yet to fit to my Storm) http://www.bikevis.com/motorcycle-led-r ... ights.html

Did wonder whether they worked or not, and have to say that where I have been following fellow bikers, they all commented that it did make them do a double take. Car drivers also seem to notice them as well. I have mine fitted with the modulator so they sparkle slightly to add that little extra "double take".

have also fitted their sidelight LED's for a pure bright white.

So yes - they DO work in my opinion, they are not overpowering and ugly, and they are dead easy to wire in.
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

If its the side light, dont look at mine at leicester, coz its not working :oops: Forgot to plug it in, and had all the bolts nipped up, and thought fkt it cant be bothered, always have dipped beam anyways, if they cant see that then summat wrong :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rider on a Storm

going to order the bullet type, blue looks good, still like the white bike and hi-vis, that realy gets attention :eek2
Tray
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

or riding naked lol - that works as well! :biggrin
Pointblank

Post by Pointblank »

AMCQ46 wrote:
Pointblank wrote: Doesn't look too bright in this photo but it is , fitted this led diode type bulb weeks ago and quite happy with it ,not as flash as some but there it is .

Pointblank,
What part number / wattage LED did you get, I think it is time to put a better bulb into mine, so if you can point me at the supplier or part number that will save me the faffing about, and I know it will fit.

Ta

AMQ

Amcq sorry for the poor picture quality but tried searching on the net for them and couldn't find them ,so thought i'd post up a picture .

They are supposed to be german 12v 4000k 4 diode lights you can see the bulb in the picture. Hth .

If you cant find any i can ask at the shop i got them from.

Cheers PB.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

FirestormMike wrote:Here's a supplier.

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/automotive-b ... 1_129.html
Thnaks Mike,
I have ordered the Ultimate 1+ 501/T10/194 1 x 1.5 Watt Ultra Xenon White [U501WHP3W].

Will report on the improvement when done
AMcQ