headers all wrapped

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
cunningstunt

headers all wrapped

Post by cunningstunt »

Just put the storm back together after renewing all the exhaust gaskets and thought i may as well improve the rusty looking pipes while i was at it so wrapped them all up.

Looks better than the bar b q paint and it doesn't blow now so i'm happy with that!
would make more use of a set of butt sliders these days
benny hedges

Re: headers all wrapped

Post by benny hedges »

i like that stand you got m8, is that a permanent fixture or have you got some mounts on the bike??
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
cunningstunt

Post by cunningstunt »

No mate, no mounts needed. It's the abba stand that has adaptors that fit the swingarm pivot points. 1 side goes over the large nut and 1 side sits in the hole from the pivot. Just take off the rubber bungs, split the stand and slide it under from the left side and locate the adaptor, attach the other side and locate the adaptor in the pivot bar hole, do it up and then lift the bike up using the extendable handle and job done in under 2 mins and solid as a rock. Best stand i have ever bought. Piece of cake to use and lift the bike on to the stand with one hand. Do a google search for abba bike stand and they have a demo video that shows you how it works. If you change bikes you can just buy another adaptor kit to suit for about £15-£20 and keep the same stand :thumbup:
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cunningstunt wrote: Do a google search for abba bike stand and they have a demo video that shows you how it works. If you change bikes you can just buy another adaptor kit to suit for about £15-£20 and keep the same stand :thumbup:
yeh just had a look, look pretty good :thumbup:
versatile piece of kit.
front stands are a waste of time imo/
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
bealsey

Post by bealsey »

looks very cool, hope you used gloves, i didnt and it made my hands itch for ages!!!!! PS Abba stands are awesome they let you work on front and back wheels and really stable, definately worth the money.
cunningstunt

Post by cunningstunt »

Ha, yes used gloves and put a long sleeve top on too. Agree that Abba stands are superb and also that the front stand is a waste of cash. I just use a trolley jack and a small piece of wood and that's it, both wheels off the floor and cheaper than the £50 abba want :o
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

I made this one a couple of months ago. Only cost 15 quid in metal and stuff. Its now painted red.

Jazz
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good