HI guys!!

General Bike chat
SILVTR

Post by SILVTR »

O-Ring, welcome from Ireland! This forum is great - good humour, excellent tips & info.

DD - you sold an 1100 Sport Injection for the VTR? My shortlist before I settled on my VTR included a Guzzi 1100 Sport Injection, Honda VTR, Triumph T595, BMW R1100S, Yamaha ThunderAce and Suzuki Bandit 1200. I'm in love with my VTR, but I'd be really interested in an owner's comparison (as opposed to a magazine's) between VTR & 1100 Sport - do tell!
94 Corolla and a big goo for an R1150GS
DD

Post by DD »

SILVTR wrote:O-Ring, welcome from Ireland! This forum is great - good humour, excellent tips & info.

DD - you sold an 1100 Sport Injection for the VTR? My shortlist before I settled on my VTR included a Guzzi 1100 Sport Injection, Honda VTR, Triumph T595, BMW R1100S, Yamaha ThunderAce and Suzuki Bandit 1200. I'm in love with my VTR, but I'd be really interested in an owner's comparison (as opposed to a magazine's) between VTR & 1100 Sport - do tell!
Man, that choice of bikes is a wide veryance!
Bandit 1200- comfort tourer
ThunderAce- fast tourer
R1100S- emm...weird to ride not sure what catagory this one comes under
T595- somthing fast and different
VTR- gental all rounder
Guzzi 1100 Sport Injection- Yeee ha

Now we are talking toataly awesome bike sh1t I miss it, and the Guzzi people, like the bikes they to are a little different (in a good way)
Compairing to the VTR well..... thats hard to do but its like this I'd have a Guzzi any day before a Honda (which is still my prefured japa) why you ask well it aint the economy, comfort, smoothness, handling or maintance so It must be the caractor, sole of the Guzzi.

The 1100i sport, which is a much better bike than the sport carb, handles and rides much like the VTR but is a lot more work (effort) for a sports bike (not sports tourer like the VTR) it is a big streach to the bars so its good on the big hauls. As far as power the what the Guzzi losses in Hp it gains in toque so it would out pull the VTR up to about 180-200kph
The big thing is the transverse V2, that is a feel all on its own if any of you lot have ever had a CX 500, 650 then you will know what I mean.

I only sold the Guzzi cos the milage was getting up (80,000km) and for $2000 more I could get my first ever new bike the VTR which I'm still trying to get used to not cos its hard to but cos the Guzzi was so different. A new Guzzi is twice the price of a VTR and they are having a lot of problems with the new ones :(
Any way thats a nuf of me fiddler on heres a pic.

cheers Darryl