what should i do?

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
matinik46

what should i do?

Post by matinik46 »

Hi all,
need some help, im looking to buy a firestorm,
Ive found loads,but theres two im interested in.
both on the bay
one is an import with 30,000km on it,pics dont show enough detail,but i can see bent brake and clutch levers.(no other visible damage)
its up for 1195ono,not much service history either.

the other is up for 1300 ish.black(better colour) 35000miles,one owner good clean bike,but he tells me the cct havent been done.(i dont suppose the other one has either)

im not sure which one to go see first.

what do you guys think?

matt
steveb

Re: what should i do?

Post by steveb »

Hi Matt,

What's your budget? If it's only £1300 then I'd go look at both of them. Just because one may have been in a crash doesn't make it worse than the other - may have only been a low speed cosmetic damage crash. But ask lots of Q's to find out.

30k is only 18750 miles so nearly half of the other bike.

CCT's are a doddle - if you follow the guide in the workshop section of this forum, kindly provided by Sirch345. CCT's cost £75 for the pair inc gaskets from Dave Silver spares.

Maybe post us a link to ebay so users can see them - might be a friend of a forum user who can give you some history on the bike etc.

Finally, don't rush - as you said you've seen loads - I think thats testomony to how good they are. If you can afford a couple of hundred quid more you can get some really good ones, usually advertised on this forum.

Hope this helps

Steve
Happy ridin'
-------------------------------------------------
98 Honda Firestorm in black for tarmac grin's
98 Yamaha WR250z for green lane grin's
-------------------------------------------------
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Matt :thumbup:

Personally I'd rather go for a UK model than an import.

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

No difference, except headlight and speedo, with bikes from most foreign markets.
Although some French ones might have had the power capped at 100 bhp, they did almost everything at one time.

Wouldn't worry about an import, mine is, and until you sell it and get £20 less it makes no difference IMHO.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.