Wifey wants a repsol....

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Fozzie

Wifey wants a repsol....

Post by Fozzie »

Hey all,

The time has come for a respray. I was hoping to go for something nice and original, maybe two colours tops, maybe with some flake in as my fairings are looking really faded, particularly on the back end. Now I owe my lovely wife (just in case she reads this) some coins for the repair work I had to do on the head amongst other things. So I had to meet her half way. She drools over Repsol fireblades and has agreed to let me spend some money on respraying but only if its in repsol colours. Better than nothing I guess... Anyway this one for sale in SA caught her eye and has forced my hand.

Now the question is this, wheres the best and cheapest place to get the paint closest to the repsol colours? I know some of the codes from the repsol forum but i'm guessing they arent a Halfrauds colour match special. I only need the tins of paint not the aerosol as I've got a good compressor etc as my old man and I used to do some body work stuff on classic cars we had saved from the scrap heap.

Any info would be grand..
Zakalwe

Re: Wifey wants a repsol....

Post by Zakalwe »

Bikecolours in Lancaster are pretty good. Mal has been in the business for years.

Link
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
pariah

Post by pariah »

If you want any advise on painting give us a shout. I,m fully qualified in this field. Painted from mini coopers right through to rollers.
Look in your area for automotive suppliers, try steer away form the usual halfords stuff. If you have a comp you should be able to manage it in 2-pack or if you feel good enough go for clear over base.
These products will certainly make it look more profesional and give a lasting finish.

I,m home most days now with hip injury so give mea shout if you need help.
Rick
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

been there done that got the t shirt :) :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fozzie

Post by Fozzie »

Thanks Zakalwe, i've emailed him and am waiting for a reply.

Might take you up on that offer Rick, thanks, although I wont be able to start the respray till the first week of September.

Nice looking Repsol paint job, just out of interest, how much paint did you use? Just so I can get a ball park figure on the volume I might need...
marlbororman

Post by marlbororman »

erm got half litre of white, red, and black.... Litre of orange. nearly all orange gone, but got half tin each left of the others. Plus a litre of isolator litre of antibloom thinners and litre of laquer