954 Forks > UPDATE NOW WITH 954 BARS :)

General Bike chat
seb421

954 Forks > UPDATE NOW WITH 954 BARS :)

Post by seb421 »

Fitted the front forks and fender other day

and my stuff has now been released form Customs so going to pick up the top clamp and callipers tomorrow before work

here's how the USD's look minus the top yoke

also a bit pissed off had a full spare front fairing and was planing to sell the right hand side either the 'teal' one off my bike or the metallic purple, silver and gold number from the one I bought ..... but sod's law some wombles had been up in the shed and even though it survived delivery to my home address by a bunch of lads and a delivery van its managed to get broken some how in a big cardboard box with loads of bubble wrap thrown in for good measure. sh1t!
Last edited by seb421 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seb421

Re: 954 Forks

Post by seb421 »

Cant wait to fit the new calipers!

Look at the size of those discs :) cant wait to slam the anchors on! :D

Not done bad on those wheels, got the front and rear and disc's for 200 quid

Sold the Disc's for 130quid plus 30 quid postage, and the rear has a bid on ebay and the old storm front wheel has a bid too,

Found a local man to do they spray job too, had a look at some of his bikes he's done and there amazing.

Not sure what to go for, a race scheeme looks dated very quickley, i see the movistar bike's and they look well outdated compared to a blade of the same year in standard colours

think ill look a tw@ with a repsol rep too
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

go retro like the Guy Martin TT bikes
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

must say seb them forks do look the biz :thumbup: :thumbup:

and might i recommend you get a lock for your shed> seems you have security issues!
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Was also sipprised how much lighter the firbalde stuff was than the firestorm, the firestorm forks feel so heavy incompaison to these and these are much thicker.

Hopefully wont be here much longer, but every b8stard place I enquire about has been let, hard finding a decent one with a garage.
voodoo-music

Post by voodoo-music »

what discs are those, i need bigger discs and calipers :twisted:
99 VTR1000 - Scotoiler - Datatool Indicator - Meta Alarm - Kappa Luggage
seb421

Post by seb421 »

Those are the 330mm discs from a CBR954 RR3
They will fit a CBR 929 and a 954 wheel and also the SP1/SP2 and the CBR1000 RR4 to RR7 wheels, I'm using a CBR954 wheel got them cheap and the 954 wheel is lighter than the 929 wheel

the callipers in the pic are storm ones but they don't fit, picking up a pair of 954 calipers either Friday or Saturday from parcel force
The storms might fit if you did a bit of grinding with a dermal thing but not sure how well they would cover the disc area.
nora2004

Post by nora2004 »

Really interested in this, Ive managed to find a 2004 blade for £300 minus engine, pipes and bodywork, full running gear still on it, hopefully the guy will be back in touch soon!

Anyway from what Ive read, Id use the whole front end, yes?

Im assuming ill need blade headstock bearings?

Are the 954 and 929 top yokes the same, with the gull wing step down?

The one thing i havent found a definite answer on yet though is which bars to use whilst keeping all geometry the same, fork lenght etc?

Which ones you planning on using?
seb421

Post by seb421 »

I will be using 954 bars when they turn up, can't get full lock with them, but it's not very often I do a 3 point turn. Come mot time I'll just take the sidepanels off and say I'm some kind of wanabe steetfighter as you need stop to stop to pass an mot.

The cbr1000 headstocks clamps yokes trees what ever you wana call it is wider than the 954's and the 1000rr forks are a wider diameter than the 954/929 so you can't use the 1000rr forks with 954 yokes to the best of my knoledge.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

seb421 wrote: you need stop to stop to pass an mot.
i welded a 8mm nut on my new yokes for that reason... works sound, ive got my lock stop back and no trap zone between the bars & tank.
worth a thought before you bolt it all up
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
nora2004

Post by nora2004 »

Sorry, that came across wrong when I said blade front end, its an RR3 954, no the thou! lol

Do the stock 954 bars work, hows the riding position gonna be compared to stock with them, with them clamped under the yokes and all?

Hmmm wonder if the swinger fill fit too! lol
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo.aspx ... er3url=WRP

i would have a measure up and see if these do the trick http://www.mandp.co.uk/productinfo.aspx ... er3url=WRP

£160 isnt to bad if you ask me, fully adjustable to, you can get 70mm high version or 35mm medium.

more info on them here

http://windtrading.it/workO/e/e-212-file-WRP_12.pdf
nora2004

Post by nora2004 »

Browsing on the Superhawk forum, most people seem to go for a 3.5" riser with 929/954 setup to get the same bar setup as stock!

Hmmmm, I feel the TIG welder coming out of retirement here! lol
seb421

Post by seb421 »

benny hedges wrote:
seb421 wrote: you need stop to stop to pass an mot.
i welded a 8mm nut on my new yokes for that reason... works sound, ive got my lock stop back and no trap zone between the bars & tank.
worth a thought before you bolt it all up
benny your not to far from me, could i pop round with it after the ban, fingers crossed if the do ban me as max i can get is 6 points that its only a month.
ive never done any welding

seeking legal help like you said mate
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

np bud, feel free :thumbup: