Evening all!

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
rob's red storm

Evening all!

Post by rob's red storm »

Anyway...I'm Rob....and I'm a Storm-a-holic. :D :D :D :D :D

Thought I'd better introduce myself and load up (hopefully) some pictures of the 'storm!
I'm Rob and currently located in the lovely Coventry, and since November have been the proud owner of a red 98 storm (hence the oh so original name)
Have to be honest....havnt done much other than ride and service it since I bought it (i've clocked 13k on it already) as it was intended as a temporary replacement for my broken blackbird (women drivers and roundabouts). Absolutely love it though and never had a v-twin before!! It sailed through (kinda) its first MOT in my ownership yesterday so a whole year of wheely-ing off the light madness is in order! :twisted:

Bottom pic is me at Wootton Bassett for the mothers day ride...awesome day

Right then, I'll prob leave at that...but i'll be over in the workshop section soon as I've shagged my clutch!

Cheers

Rob
benny hedges

Re: Evening all!

Post by benny hedges »

hello and welcome - nice tidy bike :thumbup:

try wemoto for the clutch, assuming it's just new plates?
i got some for my 750 for £35, both sets of plates, from a google search for bike clutch plates, some shop that just sells clutch plates... fkt if i can remember who, sumat obvious like motorcycleclutchplates.com or sumat!
if i can find it in my paypal history i'll add a link.

+1 for working out how to post pics lol :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
rob's red storm

Cheers, I think i must have spent the whole sunday cleaning it for that picture! It hasnt been that clean for a while!
Good shout on wemoto...I used to use them on my older bikes and forgot completely what was available!
I'm looking at a full kit (friction plates, steel plates and springs) and have seen them from EBC and Barnett (on fleabay)....anyone have experience with these or a better idea?

By the way...the bike does look awesome from 10 paces...but the longer you own it and the more you poke around... the more you realise that sone of the past owners have not had the same inclination towards keeping things nice!
An example would be the rear indicator buld blowing yesterday morning (the day of the MOT!). Tried to replace it, only to find that a previous owner had broken the lens and decided to SUPERGLUE the whole thing together!!! Not impressed!!! Sorting that out in the rain was not my idea of pleasure!!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

jammy git lol. i tried supergluing mine the first time i dropped it, only to find the idicator was made of the same plastic as superglue tubs and it wouldnt set! succeeded in glueing my fingers to it tho :oops:

when i took my other bike for mot everything worked fine until i put my key in, started it and went to turn left at the end of the street - bloody flasher relay went! :Ball Kick:
had to postpone it for a week :thumbdown:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
rob's red storm

The glue was hardcore!! Took a fair amount of pressure from my "persuader" to get the damn thing off! When i finally got it off....i couldnt get the bulb out with my balloon-like fingers (fairly miffed by this point) and ended up getting the garage to do it for me (with selotape holding it all together) :cry:

It is a personal pride sort of thing for me to be able to do most of the spanner work on my bikes....and so being beaten by a 50p bulb was enfuriating!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

rob's red storm wrote:The glue was hardcore!! Took a fair amount of pressure from my "persuader" to get the damn thing off! When i finally got it off....i couldnt get the bulb out with my balloon-like fingers (fairly miffed by this point) and ended up getting the garage to do it for me (with selotape holding it all together) :cry:

It is a personal pride sort of thing for me to be able to do most of the spanner work on my bikes....and so being beaten by a 50p bulb was enfuriating!!!
:lol: I can fully appreciate how you felt Rob :plainsmile

Welcome aboard. A nice intro with the photo's :thumbup:

Chris.
Anotherbikerbabe

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Welcome to the site.Glad you found the Storm such a nice bike..Enjoy..
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
rob's red storm

Thanks, it is an awesome bike!
Tried taking another pic today to show it in its non-good-light glory....but it looked exactly the same on the screen. guess my phone flatters it! :crazy:
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

welcome in matey
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........