IOM TT 2011

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Twinpotter

IOM TT 2011

Post by Twinpotter »

Hi all. Wondered if you had any recommendations/suggestions regarding the TT. Since our annual camping trip (five of us, now all bikers) won't be in the Campervan, our trip next year is a biking one. A popular idea was the TT but I'm absolutely frustrated out of my box at this Steam Packet racket - you steam as they take a packet - the prices are just daft. And a frustrating web site to boot where you've to fiddle about with dates not for a price but a deposit on a ticket with the unspecified balance to pay at a later date. What's all that about!? Having read some horror stories of pub/cafe prices and the like, we're beginning to wonder if the kind of cash we'd spend just getting to the TT might be better spent doing something cool in Europe instead!

Maybe I'll suggest the Op Storm 2011 assuming (hoping - as I've not made it this year) that there is one. If so, one question? Is it still the case that I must provide these non-VTR owners with a faulty CCT so they can come?

Best regards
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
marravtr

Re: IOM TT 2011

Post by marravtr »

im booked for 2011, stay at kirk michael fc, £6 pppn camping, hot showers and licensed club house :beer: no what your saying about steam racket! last yr it was £204 per bike n rider, expensive yes but the price of camping makes it a cheaper week :thumbup:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

Thanks Marra, will check that out. And do bring that dancin oriental lassie :D
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

i'll not bring her but show you a good bar in douglas where they'll dance for you :wink: :lol:
SlingVTR

Post by SlingVTR »

Im sure shes saying "my Hippo my tiddie".....open for discussion. :eek2
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

just had the bill for this yrs TT from steam racket!! £210 per bike n rider, thought it'd be more as i paid £204 in 2009, bring on the mountain :twisted: :thumbup:
Manxman

Post by Manxman »

Looking at the prices you lot are paying, :Ball Kick: I'm so glad i live here.

And Marra, mountain road not looking the best at the moment with all that snow and ice we have had. Should be good for when you come over tho. :thumbup:
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

Manxman wrote:Looking at the prices you lot are paying, :Ball Kick: I'm so glad i live here.

And Marra, mountain road not looking the best at the moment with all that snow and ice we have had. Should be good for when you come over tho. :thumbup:
the mountains looking better than it did b4 christmas manxman, keep a check on your webcams.... http://www.gov.im/transport/webcam/webcam.aspx?webcam=5

so what day you getting the BBQ lit :thumbup: :beer:
Manxman

Post by Manxman »

marravtr wrote:
Manxman wrote:Looking at the prices you lot are paying, :Ball Kick: I'm so glad i live here.

the mountains looking better than it did b4 christmas manxman, keep a check on your webcams.... http://www.gov.im/transport/webcam/webcam.aspx?webcam=5

so what day you getting the BBQ lit :thumbup: :beer:
If i had the room i would put some people up for TT. But i don't think the wife would like it if i kicked her out so i could get some bikers in.

And as for the webcams, it doesn't show you the bloody potholes up there. Just had the R1 across today and bloody hell it is a right state.

Let me know when you r here and maybe meet for a :beer: If you want too?
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

nice one matey, do like a :beer: :beer: :beer: or three :biggrin
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

for anyone thats doing the TT this year please note, as of the 31st march anyone going to the isle of man will need TRAVEL INSURANCE, or you could be left with a very big bill should you need any medical treatment while on the island
geoff996

Post by geoff996 »

Hi doing the TT again this year but taking my 12 yr old son going over for 7 days shall have to try and get a TT outing sorted. I'l,l be camping at Glenlough.
hopefully see some of you over there
Geoff :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :thumbup:
RIDE TO ENJOY
vtrsteve

Post by vtrsteve »

I've just paid the ferry bill - £331 8O but i'm going in the shogun again this year and will chuck the monkey bike in the back. Stopping with a friend up in a little cottage in maughold. Over for the full 2 weeks and will be doing a little marshalling as well this time up at guthries. So keep an eye out for me 8)

benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

i am very tempted to do this on a jetski.
always fancied going for it - it's only 66 miles from heysham...
mate has a 750 kwak stand up jobby going for peanuts with trailer....
got to be the coolest (freezingest ) way to arrive! :beer:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Manxman

Post by Manxman »

benny hedges wrote:i am very tempted to do this on a jetski.
always fancied going for it - it's only 66 miles from heysham...
mate has a 750 kwak stand up jobby going for peanuts with trailer....
got to be the coolest (freezingest ) way to arrive! :beer:

Go on Benny, just do it. I have a mate who works on the lifeboat. I'm sure he will look out for you? :lol: