£10K Question......

General Bike chat
Beamish

£10K Question......

Post by Beamish »

I have probably asked something similar before but my needs and wants have changed......
If you had £10K what bike/bikes would you buy?....
Would you have two?

These are my thoughts .
1. One bike only Ducati 1098/1198/848 (if poss)
2. Two bikes. SP2 and Street Triple.
3. Two Bikes Ducati/RC8/SP2 and ?

I have a hankering for a more chilled out cruiser/tourer to start taking my lads/wife out on pillion but I cant give up the rush of a good handling sportsbike. i have thought about a 749/748 or an early prilla then have something along the lines of the Rocket/thunderbird? Whats your thoughts?
I long to have the choice of bikes but the 1198 has blown me away, its an absolute beauty!
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
benny hedges

Re: £10K Question......

Post by benny hedges »

i think if you spent 10k on a 1198 you'd spend another few grand on termis, pc3, mapping, tyres every 3 mth lol, track days, never ending!!
was working with a chiller installer the other week and he's had a few different ducatis over the years, went into the dealer with his and said he was looking for something special...
fkt if i can remember exactly what he walked away with but it was a ltd edition 1198, cost him 12k and his bike lol!!! 8O
i'll get some info off him next time i bump into him - showed me some pics on his fone and it did look amazing, said it knocked out best part of 200hp 8O
But... conversation only turned to bikes when i overheard him arguing with the dealer over some new coils it needed lol - makes you think eh, all that £££ and they still crouton up!

i fancy a new bike meself, undecided yet whether to go for a new blade / zx10r or buy a (hardly) used tuono and a well earned holiday... :think:
either way i'm keeping my storm :thumbup:

must agree with you on the test rides tho - it's great! had a go on a abs fireblade at weekend and i was very tempted to just go for it there and then.
if it's a new one it will be in the spring for me i think - cba having one sat in the garage over winter and if i got it now my storm would never get finished :think:

eagerly waiting to see what you go for tho bud :thumbup: and baggy 1st go lol :beer:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Don't know what to think about the 10k limit but I've always said I wanted three bikes.
1) something sporty I could take out on a nice sunny Sunday and give it a good thrash :twisted:
2) A big tourer, ST1100, Blackbird, something which will munch the miles two up in comfort and you can still have a little frisk if you fancy :D
3) An every day slag, something mid range, a bit up right and will cope with the daily commute.
Oh, and somewhere to keep them, my garages is trashed 8O

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Pete thats how I feel.....I want the moon on a stick :lol: I cant turn in my sliders just yet but I would like a mile muncher, just interested to hear peoples opinions on certain bikes.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Chillitt

Post by Chillitt »

I was left 10k last year. I bought a VTR! :D (Also a nice big shed for it to live in with a bench with a lathe on it and solar powered heating and all sorts of toys. Then the landlord pinched the bit of land the shed was on for next door so I had to get rid of it all... :sick: )
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

It'd be nice to have 10g to throw at a bike...

Not jealous at all.

:Ball Kick:

:lol:
SP1's rock!
playerone

Post by playerone »

£10k........deposit on a desmo :twisted:
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Jbrebel wrote:It'd be nice to have 10g to throw at a bike...

Not jealous at all.

:Ball Kick:

:lol:
i havent, there are lots of other far more important areas of my life that need investment (House/kids/wife etc..... but ***k em, its my money, I put up with 23 yrs of shi* from the government so one or two bikes it is going to be :beer:
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Don't blame you Jim :thumbup: Good work :D

Tbh IF I had that kind of dosh I still think I'd want at least 2 bikes out of it.

Have you not thought about something secondhand (that should retail around 10g) then another bike with the left overs?

I could really do with a cheapo hack for my commute/general A-B

Then again-the SP is a right hoot :thumbup:
SP1's rock!
geodude

Post by geodude »

3. Two Bikes SP2 and CBF1000GT for touring and my son to go as pillion
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
sepia

Post by sepia »

id need £15k.

cause i want one of those mv agusta f4 1000 r sporty thingys.or am i just being greedy.

ps dont know nothing about bikes but i know it looks good.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

You can pick up an F4 for £6500. They do look good but its one size fits ***k all. Once you are one thats it, no movement allowed due to the tank shape (I looked into it a while ago)
sepia

Post by sepia »

just seen write up in local paper about it & new price tag was £14k & thot when win lottery it would do as a little runaround.

i can always get cosmetic surgery to fit in with the bike,lol.

im avarge size(not in all departments,lol) so it would prob fit me ok.
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Fair one mate, hope you win big :D
sepia

Post by sepia »

cant see me winning as won before.

when was in aberdeen scooter club we won £250,000 on lotto in 2000.

by time we shared it out we got £20k each.helped me out @ time.bought 2 new vespa 200's.red & blue,didnt have enough to get a white aswell,lol.

so ive had my luck.