Is anybody actually selling anything at the mo??

General Biker Banter
rst steve

Is anybody actually selling anything at the mo??

Post by rst steve »

I need to shift my storm now i have found another bike and need the storm gone but seems that no one is buying anything at the mo. Was looking round at a few bike shops yesterday and for the price of my bike there is nothing that comes even close with regards to condition. I saw a 2003 mille that was up for £2250 and to be honest it was a dog my bike was so much better in all areas yet i cant seem to shift it. Maybe people are just not spending money cant believe that i cannot sell it for £1500 looking at whats out there for more money :Wall:
tony.mon

Re: Is anybody actually selling anything at the mo??

Post by tony.mon »

I guess that this time of year anyone that's looking has already bought something for this year.
It might be worth hanging on until early spring, if you can.

Have you got the bike on european sales on e-bay? I hear that as prices have gone up for new, and exchange rates, you might get lucky there.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Speaking to a pal in the trade today Steve-it seems like nothings shifting. Not 2nd hand anyway. Popular bikes (newish 1000's, sports 600's, street bikes, adventure bikes, 125's-cheap to run-etc) seem to go. New bikes aren't doing too bad considering finance approval has dropped by 35% in the last 12months.

I wouldn't take it too hard tbh-tonys prob right. Might be worth keeping hold of it over winter and seeing how things go.

VTRs are a bit of a pain to shift sometimes. I looked on the trader a couple of weeks back and I think there were about 75-80 for sale nationally. Hope it sells for you mate.
SP1's rock!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Sorry mate but yes. I have had 3 offers and the ad hasnt gone to press yet. I sincerely hope your luck changes, dont get desparate there will be a buyer out there. I put quite a bit of money into the advertising though, try visordown/pistonheads (for free) then MCN/Biketrader (expensive ). Mine sold through a Piston heads ad but I have had hits from Visordown and Trader.
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Think SP's are easier to sell though Jim-ive had 2 offers on mine in recent months and I'm not even selling 8O they were for the right money too. Your SP2 was a nice example :D

Good luck Steve whatever you decide. Yours is very nice-I know how frustrating it can be trying to sell sometimes.
SP1's rock!
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

Fair one. :thumbup:
I see myself as a sensitive intelligent man but with the heart of a clown that causes me to **ck things up right at that crucial moment........'Jim Morrison'
bikerpiker

Post by bikerpiker »

I've had my Bandit 1200s advertised for a few weeks for "Swap/Sell/PX " for car or bike ,and must say,i'm getting probably on average 1 maybe 2 offers per day as a swap .

My bike is a 2002 ,only 11600 miles ,history ,unmarked ,long mot and tax model ......"Parkers guide" value @ £2300 , i've had an offer of £1800 which i may take ,but i'd much prefer to swap !
£1800 ?....i honestly dont think i could replace it for that money with anything better than what i've got .

Being honest ,i've had loads of offers of swaps ,my 2 favourites at the mo' are a '2007 V-strom 650 (had a test ride -much better than expected) ,and a 2007 Suzuki G'S'R 600 .

Others offered Swaps have been gsxr600 (2002)...,Ducati Monster dark 600,... zx1200r , ...Yam xjr 1300 ,....a triumph trophy AND a gpz900 !!,53 bANDIT 600 ......kAWASAKI vn 1500 ,although it was a P-plate ,but probably worth same as my bandit (i did like it actually :oops: ).......way too many to list.

Cars i've been offered ?.....loads as well ,some fkin shite too mind ,but ones i liked were a 2002 Hyundai Coupe (Fekn 2.7 v6 ),wish it had been the 2litre.......and a VW Bora which i am considering.

So thats it......either the 2007 Suzy V-strom 650 ,the 2007 Suzy GSR 600 ,or the VW Bora 1.6SE 2001 Y plate ,Imaculate ,FSH etc ...........OR sell Bandit for £1800.............it seems everyone wants to swap ,not buy !

Steve ---try 'Gumtree' ,its free ,just keep relisting every other day :!:
Stevie
Beamish

Post by Beamish »

If you need cash its shite! If you are able to swap/px the worlds your oyster.