Hello every1 newbe.

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
mike85

Hello every1 newbe.

Post by mike85 »

Hi every1, my name mike and i come from south east london.

I have a vtr firestorm and i love it! but to make matters worst i got knock off on the 29th of sep and bike sustained some damage to the left hand side and front. A friend of mine told me about this site (thank god) been looking for a while now. Im thinking about streetfightering the bike over the winter as a project, has any1 streetfighter theres if so a few pic's would be great.

mike
marravtr

Re: Hello every1 newbe.

Post by marravtr »

hi matey, welcome to the site, :wink: tbh you'd be better off repairing the storm than fightering it! imo there not a bike that looks good fightered :roll: i bought one that had been fightered (only got it for the few trick bits) then broke it and doubled me money :thumbup: see below

4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Jbrebel

Post by Jbrebel »

Welcome to the forum :thumbup:

:mrgreen:
SP1's rock!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Mike :thumbup:

Only my opinion I know but, I'm going to say the opposite as Marra, I think the Storm can make a pretty good looking Streetfighter :thumbup: But after saying that probably the best looking bike IMHO for a Streetfighter would be an older bike that has cooling fins on the cylinders rather than a water jacket (that's probaby because I'm old :wink: ). One thing that does make a difference is removing the side mounted rads and fitting one across the frame. I have seen the odd one or two with side mounted rads that do look good, but generally an across the frame rad looks better IMHO.

Stormsmasher's

Scubadogs
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 30&t=14553

Beasleys's
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 7&start=45

Yorkylancs
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 30&t=15903

Just a few I came across to give you some inspiration :thumbup:

Chris.
mike85

Post by mike85 »

Thank you all for your replys, both bikes look wicked but sirch yours is briliant i have to say.

I will start taking off broken parts in a few weeks, and will get pic's up of the bike and hopefully over the winter will start to rebuild it.
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

I dont understand the point of fightering bikes. If I want a naked bike I'd buy a naked bike. Personally doing that to a bike just ruins a perfectly good bike.

Dont get me wrong, There are some great examples of fighters around but they just arent my kind of thing
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

mike85 wrote:Thank you all for your replys, both bikes look wicked but sirch yours is briliant i have to say.

I will start taking off broken parts in a few weeks, and will get pic's up of the bike and hopefully over the winter will start to rebuild it.
If you mean this bike, it's not mine, it belongs to Stormsmasher :)

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

pinkyfloyd wrote:I dont understand the point of fightering bikes. If I want a naked bike I'd buy a naked bike. Personally doing that to a bike just ruins a perfectly good bike.

Dont get me wrong, There are some great examples of fighters around but they just arent my kind of thing
It is a matter of what you like IMHO.
As I understand it a Streetfighter is something built to suit you with it's different mods, a bike that stands out, a one off, a bike built as you think it ought to be and not a bike that is going to be exactly the same as anyone else's.

I get what you mean about "If I want a naked bike I'd buy a naked bike", but your off the shelf bike (if left standard) would be identical to all the other hundred thousand million bikes produced, it wouldn't be an individual bike, that's the difference.

Chris.