Just not my day!

General Bike chat
pinkyfloyd

Just not my day!

Post by pinkyfloyd »

All started just after midnight as I was getting ready to head home from work. Wiping the ice that had formed off the seat I ripped the seat cover..... Badly! Its now duct taped up and a replacement seat is ordered from Egay.

Out this afternoon and something felt a bit squishy in the rear tyre. Quick checked confirmed the worst. Lovely shiny nail in the back tyre. So off I go to the local tyre place and they remove not 1 but 2 identical nails from the back tyre. One was rusted but they are both the same nails. So either I have been seriously unlucky or the chavvy b8stard upstairs is playing silly buggers with my bike.

[/rant over]
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
LotusSevenMan

Re: Just not my day!

Post by LotusSevenMan »

Cor, plenty of luck there..................... unfortunately just bad luck!
Was it windy around the area lately? No, not you but the surrounding area. Reason I ask is that a tyre fitter chap once told me that he loved wiindy weather. Why? says I. He said that builders pick-up trucks and the like always drop nails, screws etc and that they normally end up in the gutter. BUT, on windy days the swirls of rubbish hook out the nails and screws from the gutter and they end up being deposited in the middle of the road............... ready to make him some more money!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: Just not my day!

Post by Pete.L »

Floydy said
So off I go to the local tyre place and they remove not 1 but 2 identical nails from the back tyre. One was rusted but they are both the same nails.
That'll be the salt, it's a bugger for rusting stuff this time of year. If you want to go out collecting nails you'll find better quality ones in the summer

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal