Visor de fogger

General Biker Banter
alec

Visor de fogger

Post by alec »

Hi
can someone recommend a decent anti fog solution for my visor, after a couple of minutes riding i have to open the visor and in this cold weather thats not great on the eyes lol,
cheers
Alec
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Visor de fogger

Post by sirch345 »

Alec, I used to use Bob Heath Anti-fog ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOB-HEATH-ANTI-FO ... 35af917c4a ). Although that works well IMHO for a time, you can't beat a pin-lock visor insert as Tim (Timbo) says :thumbup:

Chris.
alec

Post by alec »

sirch345 wrote:Alec, I used to use Bob Heath Anti-fog ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOB-HEATH-ANTI-FO ... 35af917c4a ). Although that works well IMHO for a time, you can't beat a pin-lock visor insert as Tim (Timbo) says :thumbup:

Chris.
Hi Chris,
i've looked at them on ebay but i cant find one compatable with the caberg trip, i have emailed one supplier for some info, many thanks to you and Tim for the advice, i'm worried that an insert might affect my second sun visor built into the helmet,

Alec
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

alec wrote:
sirch345 wrote:Alec, I used to use Bob Heath Anti-fog ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOB-HEATH-ANTI-FO ... 35af917c4a ). Although that works well IMHO for a time, you can't beat a pin-lock visor insert as Tim (Timbo) says :thumbup:

Chris.
Hi Chris,
i've looked at them on ebay but i cant find one compatable with the caberg trip, i have emailed one supplier for some info, many thanks to you and Tim for the advice, i'm worried that an insert might affect my second sun visor built into the helmet,

Alec
Hi Alec,
A good point about an insert affecting your second sun visor on the Caberg Trip, also a good idea emailing one of the suppliers before buying one. Having a quick look on Google it appears some think the pin-lock visor insert is not good with your type/make of helmet, in which case the anti-fog could well be a better option for you. Here's a couple of opinions:-

Chris.
alec

Post by alec »

Hi Alec,
A good point about an insert affecting your second sun visor on the Caberg Trip, also a good idea emailing one of the suppliers before buying one. Having a quick look on Google it appears some think the pin-lock visor insert is not good with your type/make of helmet, in which case the anti-fog could well be a better option for you. Here's a couple of opinions:-

Chris.[/quote]

Thanks Chris,
i'll give the anti-fog a go the trip had an anti-fog layer on it when it was new but after a year of wearing and cleaning it i think its worn out lol,
Alec
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

try a respro foggy nose thing.
http://www.respro.com/products/racing/r ... oggy_mask/
i know a few riders who swear by them.
most decent bike sites sell them for about a tenner.

or you could try the old one of buffing the inside of the visor with green swarfega - it will not mist up.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Visor de Fogger?
Is he related to Hertz Van Rental?

Cue for all the others, feel free to join in......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

benny hedges wrote:
or you could try the old one of buffing the inside of the visor with green swarfega - it will not mist up.
Green swarfega, When I were a lad we just used washing up liquid, actually I still do!

Next lid will definitely have a pinlock though.
alec

Post by alec »

Furrybiker wrote:
benny hedges wrote:
Green swarfega, When I were a lad we just used washing up liquid, actually I still do!

Next lid will definitely have a pinlock though.
Does washing up liquid work then ?
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cant say ive tried washing up liquid meself. saw the swarfega tip at a bike show in 81ish and used it for years.
and on me mg windows cos its a fker for steaming up inside.

on the subject of visors.... i keep my lid on top of the fridge out of the way..... mrs tried to move it today & dropped it.
only onto the drainer about 2ft like but its fkt the visor, proper scuff in it.

daft cow :Ball Kick:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

I've used a fog city for years. It's a stick on version of a pinlock. 7 hour instructing in the rain and still a clear visor!
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

alec wrote:Does washing up liquid work then ?
It does for a day or 2 then you have to reapply it. Dont use it on the outside of the visor then go out in the rain. And dont ask me how I know this :oops:
Rich.

Soutie

Post by Soutie »

HI Alec, I bought a Caberg to use on the blood bike, it also misted up really easy. my solution was to use a pinlock insert that was for a Shoei, it wasn't a genuine Shoei pinlock but an after market item I managed to haggle it for a tenner (was for charity work and all)
Take your visor off and carefully mark of the hole position (measure twice drill once) I had to trim about 10mm from the top of the insert so the visor would close properly. The trimming doesn't affect the vision as the Shoei pinlock is wider than needed. So far I have tried it through freezing fog, rain etc with no probs
I tried to take some photo's for you, but as you can imagine taking a pic of a clear visor with a clear pinlock is crud
alec

Post by alec »

Soutie wrote:HI Alec, I bought a Caberg to use on the blood bike, it also misted up really easy. my solution was to use a pinlock insert that was for a Shoei, it wasn't a genuine Shoei pinlock but an after market item I managed to haggle it for a tenner (was for charity work and all)
Take your visor off and carefully mark of the hole position (measure twice drill once) I had to trim about 10mm from the top of the insert so the visor would close properly. The trimming doesn't affect the vision as the Shoei pinlock is wider than needed. So far I have tried it through freezing fog, rain etc with no probs
I tried to take some photo's for you, but as you can imagine taking a pic of a clear visor with a clear pinlock is crud
does the sun visor still work ok though ?
cliveyandrews

Post by cliveyandrews »

I've got a "Roof" - and the Black Visor fogs like a bugger!

I use a Foggy mask, have done for years - and a product called "Catcrap" - but quite frankly, on cold/damp days it fogs below 30mph, and a right pain! I'm gonna get a new black visor - expense I could do without, but as it matches the bike, I have already crash tested one very hard (OK, I did lose 2 teeth), and is nice and quiet on my 150 mile commute - I'm loathed to buy another brand. Has anyone had success with inserts on Roof visors?

=====================================================

Audi, Vide, Tace
aurantiacus tempestas es ocius

=====================================================