Good deed done mod cct with new storm owner

General Biker Banter
Anotherbikerbabe

Good deed done mod cct with new storm owner

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Before setting off to Lower Gornal for a cpl of days last weekend,it was mentioned in passing by my mate that a guy who rides with them from Kidderminster on the usual IAM sunday jaunts, had just got a Firestorm...So, being a good cpl of eggs that we are, asked them to find out if his CCT's had been done....

Dave took all stuff with him that he needed to do the stopper mod for the guy, and Trevor (the guy) brought his bike round on the sunday morning and Dave sorted it out for him...Piece of mind for the chap and he was happy as he rode away..Dave wouldn't take any money, so Trevor gave us a nice bottle of single malt (which went down well with honey and hot lemonade as I had a stinking head cold) :beer: :beer: :beer:

We also went to Bridgnorth for the day, which was nice before leaving on my Birthday :P Mon gone and heading to SW Wales for a cpl of days....Speaking of which, must have another day out riding round the Brecons again,as that fun..Home now safe n sound..

So Trevor, if you're reading this..We are pleased you came round as we now sleep ok knowing for a few pennies for the stopper mod bits and bobs, you're bike is ok! lol...Nice bike btw, Blue, 06 plate with 3K on the clock!! You got a real bargain there... :clap:

ABB & Dave
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!
tony.mon

Re: Good deed done mod cct with new storm owner

Post by tony.mon »

Careful, or you'll be setting yourselves up for a Northern Workshop Day.....

'bout time someone oop t'North joined in :lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Anotherbikerbabe

tony.mon wrote:Careful, or you'll be setting yourselves up for a Northern Workshop Day.....More opportunity Tony,as we were going to be in the area he lived, but glad to help so the guy can ride stress free...
'bout time someone oop t'North joined in :lol:
storminateacup

Post by storminateacup »

How could you do that to single malt :sick:
I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Good on you & Dave being good samaritans :thumbup:

but have to agree that you cant waste single malt like that :lol:
AMcQ
Furrybiker

Post by Furrybiker »

Lower Gornal.. I met a bloke who's wife came from there, he insisted that had to struggle to understand her accent. We asked him where he came from "Upper Gornal" was the reply. :wtf:

That must be 15 years ago and this is the first time I have heard the name since then :beer:
Anotherbikerbabe

Furrybiker wrote:Lower Gornal.. I met a bloke who's wife came from there, he insisted that had to struggle to understand her accent. We asked him where he came from "Upper Gornal" was the reply. :wtf:

That must be 15 years ago and this is the first time I have heard the name since then :beer:
Well my mate is a nurse, and isn't from there, she sounds more like a posh scouser lol :lol: and her hubby is a solicitor and also, not from there, so their accent is fine for me lol...I'd never heard of the place either but I don't think they are very far apart..We all ride together, but not very often because of the distance..

Single Malt is divine, and yes, under normal circumstances,one would never dream of such an atrocious act! But needs must when my head felt as if it were about to explode as had it a week..Don't worry guys, I only used a capful at a time and defo no more than 6! Rest is for good drinking ...
harrier

Post by harrier »

Very and I mean VERY grateful for the time and trouble taken

Trevor
Anotherbikerbabe

harrier wrote:Very and I mean VERY grateful for the time and trouble taken

Trevor
Hey....you made it in here. Hello Trevor. :wave: :wave: :wave: You are very welcome. As soon as we found out there was a guy with Storm, and you were local to Carole & Michael, I said right away, ask him to get in touch and we'll do the pesky CCT no problem. Dave said he couldn't rest easy if we didn't help out because I know full well of the damage it can cause :thumbdown: , and couldn't of just let you get on with it not knowing! So hey, don't worry, it was no trouble at all :-) Hopefully you will meet new friends on here who live in/around your area for ride outs. Have fun and enjoy your new toy.... :beer: :beer: :beer:

ABB & Dave
Darknomad

Post by Darknomad »

i like hearing stories of people helping people for no other reason than there nice people
this world is turning to crap because
most of us don't even know our neighbors names anymore [well in London that is]
the older i get the more helpful i want to be lol
did tony mention a workshop day..
maybe i should bring a bottle of single malt to one if it happens down here again, :D
east london/essex [leyton ]
Anotherbikerbabe

Darknomad wrote:i like hearing stories of people helping people for no other reason than there nice people :thumbup:
this world is turning to crap because
most of us don't even know our neighbors names anymore [well in London that is] I lived in Chertsey once upon a time and god were they a snobby set. I'm sure some are nice and normal and don't think they're above everyone, but I have to agree with that statement for London,as I found to my peril a cpl of times, that trying to help in London = who are you??? get lost and don't try to help me again!
So I turned on my heel as I said "you'll be sorry", lol in that sing song voice as I knew it was about to chuck it down and all their nice freshly dried washing was going to get a proper soaking....oh how I laughed from my window an hour later at a drowned rat trying to scoop up a load of soaking wet towels...ah...Karma

the older i get the more helpful i want to be lol :thumbup:
did tony mention a workshop day..
maybe i should bring a bottle of single malt to one if it happens down here again, :D
:beer: :beer: :beer:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

You'd be welcome, along with everyone else.
Single malt or can off Sainsbury's lager, not fussed.
swap you for a coffee!
Darknomad

Post by Darknomad »

my shims still need looking at and im not sure if one of my cct's may have broke a spring after being modded
:D
any planned workshops this coming year?
east london/essex [leyton ]
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Darknomad wrote:my shims still need looking at and im not sure if one of my cct's may have broke a spring after being modded
:D
any planned workshops this coming year?
Yes, see my Workshops thread for the 19th March one.
I have manuals available converted from the standard ones, which look more standard, if they're any use.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

ABB & Dave :thumbup: :thumbup:

Chris.