what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by tony.mon »

The Halfords ones have sorted me out in the past, they come with a fuse, too.
Can't see them on their website, maybe they're discontinued.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:48 pm Finished the sub loom for the mosfet reg . I didn’t use the maxi fuse holder in the end as I don’t trust it .
I ordered 2 one to use and the other to take apart to see how it’s made . After removing the outer splash proof case the wires just fell out , it was only the glue holding them in place on the terminals ! No way was I going to use the other one after that and they wasn’t the cheap ones either .
I also opted to use 12AWG wire instead of 10AWG as it was too large for the terminals in the reg plug and I wouldn’t get a good crimp on them .

I picked up an inline standard fuse holder that’s clear and I can see the terminals and have been crimped well . It’s all wired up now just need to reassemble the water pump tomorrow and I’ll start it up and see how my leckie skills are !!!
A good job you had the sense to check Lloydie :clap:
Fingers crossed all is well when you start the bike up and check the charging output :)

Chris.
purgeraptor

Post by purgeraptor »

lloydie wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:48 pm Finished the sub loom for the mosfet reg . I didn’t use the maxi fuse holder in the end as I don’t trust it .
I ordered 2 one to use and the other to take apart to see how it’s made . After removing the outer splash proof case the wires just fell out , it was only the glue holding them in place on the terminals ! No way was I going to use the other one after that and they wasn’t the cheap ones either .
I also opted to use 12AWG wire instead of 10AWG as it was too large for the terminals in the reg plug and I wouldn’t get a good crimp on them .

I picked up an inline standard fuse holder that’s clear and I can see the terminals and have been crimped well . It’s all wired up now just need to reassemble the water pump tomorrow and I’ll start it up and see how my leckie skills are !!!
Arghh! Going to have to check mine now. Sorry for recommending them...but in my defence, I've had one fitted to my VFR800 for a couple of years and over 5000 miles.

I'll take one apart like you did, and see if the wires can be soldered to the terminals.

Thanks for letting us know :thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

purgeraptor wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:40 am

Arghh! Going to have to check mine now. Sorry for recommending them...but in my defence, I've had one fitted to my VFR800 for a couple of years and over 5000 miles.

I'll take one apart like you did, and see if the wires can be soldered to the terminals.

its ok buddy i like taking things apart :thumbup: i still like the maxi fuse idea so ill start looking for a better one be sides i ordered 2 fuses and they sent me 20 si ive got to use them :Beer Popcorn:
this fuse holder looks good
https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/splashpr ... older.html
Attachments
OIP.jpeg
OIP.jpeg (10.21 KiB) Viewed 561 times
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Fitted water pump and nipped to BP for a can of super duper fuel ,£10 for 5.6L takes the piss .
Got home fitted the batter and my workshop fuel tank ,
Turned the fuel on and it started to piss out the fuel rail .
Only changed the Orings last year !!!
Never mind I’ll order some more .
Carbs now on my bench waiting to be stripped .
Time for a cuppa
65C51FE1-3371-429D-8320-AA119E74DBEC.jpeg
C28E58FE-DECD-449A-B929-84F185705532.jpeg
Lloydie MOSFET.jpg
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Lloydie MOSFET.jpg
Nice neat job Lloydie :thumbup:

Chris.
purgeraptor

Post by purgeraptor »

lloydie wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:43 am
purgeraptor wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:40 am

its ok buddy i like taking things apart :thumbup: i still like the maxi fuse idea so ill start looking for a better one be sides i ordered 2 fuses and they sent me 20 si ive got to use them :Beer Popcorn:
this fuse holder looks good
https://www.12voltplanet.co.uk/splashpr ... older.html
Yes, I like the look of that one. At least we can see and solder or crimp the wires in ourselves.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Took The Murvinator for it's MOT...

Passed no issues... Apart from it hissing down on the way there, all the time I was there & of course on the way home...!

Tucked it up in the cave, It might be dry tomorrow so I'll give it a wash...

Could be worse the road could have been all salty but it's been too mild for that shite to have been spreading...
Murv post MOT..jpg

Back at home post drenching...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

You could of cleaned it for the mot 🥸
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

New E10 safe carb kit came today and ordered new pull and push throttle cables so I hope to have a better weekend in the garage next time
Attachments
C98F789C-58D9-4081-BCE9-0658627B46C9.jpeg
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:21 pm New E10 safe carb kit came today and ordered new pull and push throttle cables so I hope to have a better weekend in the garage next time
Who sells those kits Lloydie :?:

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

sirch345 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:58 pm
lloydie wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:21 pm New E10 safe carb kit came today and ordered new pull and push throttle cables so I hope to have a better weekend in the garage next time

Chris.
https://litetek.co/ReplacementPartsHonda.html
They don’t list one for the storm tho
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:38 am
sirch345 wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:58 pm

Chris.
https://litetek.co/ReplacementPartsHonda.html
They don’t list one for the storm tho
Thanks for the link Lloydie :thumbup:

The Storm is meant to be okay with E10 fuel (although I prefer to stick with the Super Unleaded E5 while I can). I was just thinking it being handy to have a link just in case needed by me or someone else at a later date :thumbup:

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Same as the blade is meant to be E10 safe but people are starting to have problems . I try to always use super too how ever I’d thought I’d make of future safe while I was rebuilding them coz who knows when they’re changing the super to e10 just a shame they don’t make diaphragm from it too .
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:23 am Same as the blade is meant to be E10 safe but people are starting to have problems . I try to always use super too how ever I’d thought I’d make of future safe while I was rebuilding them coz who knows when they’re changing the super to e10 just a shame they don’t make diaphragm from it too .
Good idea to do that seeing as you're rebuilding the carbs anyway. Like you say you never know what is going to happen regarding Super Unleaded in the future,

Chris.