what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
8541Hawk

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by 8541Hawk »

Bananaman wrote:I've just worked out I'm getting 38 to the gallon! !! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :beer:
Can I ask what gearing you are running and if non-stock did you take the odometer error into account?
Not trying to rain on your parade or anything but have seen many folks miss this :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
jonjonsocal

Post by jonjonsocal »

8541Hawk wrote:
Bananaman wrote:I've just worked out I'm getting 38 to the gallon! !! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :beer:
Can I ask what gearing you are running and if non-stock did you take the odometer error into account?
Not trying to rain on your parade or anything but have seen many folks miss this :thumbup:
Man! I get 100miles a tank. Im not 100% percent because bike didnt die. Lol
How in the world was Bananama able to get double.. What you do? Ride it 30 miles an hour everywhere? Not pass 4k rpm?? Lol
02 VTR1000f Red
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

could this be mounted out in the cooling breeze instead of tucked under the plastic?much more eficiant surley?its on my winter list
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:roll:

:beer: :beer:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Watty

Post by Watty »

Done nothing for ages,not looked at it or ridden it or even had the urge to!Been on it twice since the TT :roll: Getting worried i've lost interest :? Anyone else go through this?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Yes I do . I've done 260 miles since the stag run and I've had to will myself to do them ,
I'm always the same after a good ride as it's all I want to do as a quick blast ain't the same .
The willingness comes back after a month or two
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Good description. I haven't been on mine since the Scotland trip as a small run round busy roads will just be a dissapointment

But going out tomorrow for 300miles and then it will be wales so it's up and down for me too
AMcQ
Watty

Re: what have you done to your

Post by Watty »

lloydie wrote:Yes I do . I've done 260 miles since the stag run and I've had to will myself to do them ,
I'm always the same after a good ride as it's all I want to do as a quick blast ain't the same .
The willingness comes back after a month or two
Bloody hope so :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Plan a long days ride and take extra cash for food and hotel for a night and just ride . I used to love doing that , pick a direction and go
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

I've never lost the will to ride, but recently I just want to spank it round the cuntry side then dump it in the garage, I have no inclination to look after it at the mo :(

I guess these things are phases influenced by many other factors around us?
Jamie :wave:
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

jonjonsocal wrote:
8541Hawk wrote:
How in the world was Bananama able to get double.. What you do? Ride it 30 miles an hour everywhere? Not pass 4k rpm?? Lol
I think 100 miles out of a tank is about 38?. I get just a little bit more than that and once worked out my car and bike both did about 42 to the gallon.

I think I get this consumption because I never (if possible) ride it through town. I,m not that quick but not that slow either.

on the topic of the thread I adjusted my chain today and buffed up the rear sprocket a bit then went for a quick spin out.
passed the mot last Wednesday :thumbup: :thumbup:
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Watty

Post by Watty »

lloydie wrote:Plan a long days ride and take extra cash for food and hotel for a night and just ride . I used to love doing that , pick a direction and go
Sounds like a plan mate :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Jamoi wrote:I've never lost the will to ride, but recently I just want to spank it round the cuntry side then dump it in the garage, I have no inclination to look after it at the mo :(

I guess these things are phases influenced by many other factors around us?
Yeah life/work takes over i suppose :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Bananaman

Post by Bananaman »

jonjonsocal wrote:
8541Hawk wrote:
:lol: nah I've fitted a vfr800 tank that takes just over 22ltr, I'm running stock gearing and when the light comes on it takes exactly 16ltrs, over the last 4 fill ups the light has shown itself at 132, 137, 135 and last time with some mway running a surprise 141 miles!!! 8O so averaging that out for 16ltrs looks good!
And I tend not to ride too much like a granny :twisted:
Four wheels move the body,
Two wheels move the soul.
gwaynewk

Post by gwaynewk »

I had to go and get some fuel, bit of an odd route coming back, now I need some more :beer:
If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!