what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
tony.mon

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by tony.mon »

lloydie wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:07 pm all is well except a body work rattle at 4K !!!
Yours or the bike's?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:24 pm
lloydie wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:07 pm all is well except a body work rattle at 4K !!!
Yours or the bike's?
Both 🙈 starting to feel my age ! Starting to wish I’d streetfightered it !!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

It would look good in yellow :lol:
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

:Ball Kick: 🖕🏼
AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:11 am It would look good in yellow :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Well done mate, looks good (obviously excluding the tank!!!). You’ll soon get back into the ‘crouch’, then you can laugh at the old ‘boys’ :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Removed the nitron rear shock as it was lacking much compression damping ,boxed it up and sent it to nitron for a full service .
Started to sand down that :sick: colour tank . Going to put it in primer as it’ll be a lot easier on my eyes :beer: .
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:12 pm Removed the nitron rear shock as it was lacking much compression damping ,boxed it up and sent it to nitron for a full service .
Started to sand down that :sick: colour tank . Going to put it in primer as it’ll be a lot easier on my eyes :beer: .
Good plan Lloydie :lol: :thumbup:

Chris.
MrMastodon

Post by MrMastodon »

Fitted the 6mm spacer under the rear shock and the forks are still unimproved and rubbish, so that'll be exciting.

Also I think I've 'fixed' (or improved considerably) a long standing problem that's been a little disconcerting at times. At speed the front brakes would pulse, a bit like a warped disk. But it wasn't. Started at 50mph ish and was a gentle pulse, but by double that (on my driveway you understand) it was really quite violent. Turned out it was the front brake lever pivot. Squeezing the brake at standstill it was a little 'squeeky' if you know what I mean. Taking it out, cleaning it and regreasing seems to have fixed it. Which is nice.

And put the little add on spoiler from the Africa Twin on the VTR. Looks a little daft, but will see if it helps the neck/helmet draft tomorrow.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Took the Murvinator out for a spin up to Joneses yeterday...

Much catch up talking bolacks & a full on roast chicken dinner...Beers & JD.

Home today after a double helping of bacon sarnies to start the day...

Blast home in the sunshine...

Cheers for the hospitality Chris & Michaela...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Sold the Triumph Trophy 650 glad to se the back of the bloody unreliable thing, sold it to a guy locally who is going fit a brand new loom and electronic ignition.
Got all my money back that I spent on it and have a bit more space in the garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Fitted the tracker I bought at the Excel show yesterday.
Straightforward, or it would have been if I'd fitted it where their installer wanted to- just dumping it in the air box!
I took most of the bike apart and buried it deep.

Seems to be working, the control room phoned me to tell me I was working on it!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MrMastodon wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:10 pm Fitted the 6mm spacer under the rear shock and the forks are still unimproved and rubbish, so that'll be exciting.

Also I think I've 'fixed' (or improved considerably) a long standing problem that's been a little disconcerting at times. At speed the front brakes would pulse, a bit like a warped disk. But it wasn't. Started at 50mph ish and was a gentle pulse, but by double that (on my driveway you understand) it was really quite violent. Turned out it was the front brake lever pivot. Squeezing the brake at standstill it was a little 'squeeky' if you know what I mean. Taking it out, cleaning it and regreasing seems to have fixed it. Which is nice.

And put the little add on spoiler from the Africa Twin on the VTR. Looks a little daft, but will see if it helps the neck/helmet draft tomorrow.
That was a nice easy fix, a lot better than having to replace the front disc's, good find :clap:

Thanks for letting us know :thumbup:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:30 pm Sold the Triumph Trophy 650 glad to se the back of the bloody unreliable thing, sold it to a guy locally who is going fit a brand new loom and electronic ignition.
Got all my money back that I spent on it and have a bit more space in the garage Image

At least you didn't lose any money on it Duffy :D

A brand new wiring loom and electronic ignition should make all the difference :thumbup:

Chris.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Yeah I had lost faith with it. I’m sticking to Jap bikes from now on as this was a folly trip down memory lane that didn’t work out.

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:16 pm Yeah I had lost faith with it. I’m sticking to Jap bikes from now on as this was a folly trip down memory lane that didn’t work out. ImageImage

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Chris.