what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
ItsaKeeper

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by ItsaKeeper »

Waiting for new shock to arrive and had already taken off the rear linkage and fitted new bearings n seals and loosely refitted. Took the linkage off again to double check that I had put enough grease on the new bearings, over administration! To pretend it was all good work I got the autosol out and polished the shock arm to a mirrorish shine :roll:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:54 pm Day 2 at the Jones ranch. Actually dud some work on a bike... sorted a seized rear calliper on Jamie Kemps KTM 125. What a pitta. Still the back wheel is now Orange again not brake dust & chain lube black...
I'm sure Jamie appreciated it :thumbup:
ItsaKeeper wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:15 pm Waiting for new shock to arrive and had already taken off the rear linkage and fitted new bearings n seals and loosely refitted. Took the linkage off again to double check that I had put enough grease on the new bearings, over administration! To pretend it was all good work I got the autosol out and polished the shock arm to a mirrorish shine :roll:
You better be careful, polishing alloy can be rather addictive on motorcycles :lol:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Wheeled the yellow peril out from its winter home in the corner of the garage and started it for the first time this year. Then checked it over and got it ready for its MOT tomorrow, then cleaned the flies off the fairing that have been on there since OP Storm Scotland, which was the last time I rode it 8O
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:11 pm Wheeled the yellow peril out from its winter home in the corner of the garage and started it for the first time this year. Then checked it over and got it ready for its MOT tomorrow, then cleaned the flies off the fairing that have been on there since OP Storm Scotland, which was the last time I rode it 8O
Mistake.
Flies protect the paint from stone chips.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

EBF2AF4B-AC83-436C-9E31-14DF12A61563.jpeg
Pass :D
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:32 pm EBF2AF4B-AC83-436C-9E31-14DF12A61563.jpeg

Pass :D
It's always a good feeling to get the mot done for another year :thumbup: :thumbup:
She's still looking good Al 8)

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

yesterday went supermoto riding round the twisties in the company of James and another friend on a ccm.... lets go into the forests, well i never laughed so hard :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

now the bad bits :lol:

i got a puncture in the rear miles from anywhere.. got that plugged in the nearest town. so we carried on then james buried the husky unto the engine. got that pulled out and few miles later the CCM ate a rear wheel bearing :eek2 ..
parked it in the nearest town and headed home with simon on the back of my pegaso, james headed on only for him to get a puncture a few miles form home aswell :lol: ...

and......while passing a bus on the motorway two up on peggy my rear let go again :eek2 :lol:

oh how we laughed,,

best day out in ages we had.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:22 pm yesterday went supermoto riding round the twisties in the company of James and another friend on a ccm.... lets go into the forests, well i never laughed so hard :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

now the bad bits :lol:

i got a puncture in the rear miles from anywhere.. got that plugged in the nearest town. so we carried on then james buried the husky unto the engine. got that pulled out and few miles later the CCM ate a rear wheel bearing :eek2 ..
parked it in the nearest town and headed home with simon on the back of my pegaso, james headed on only for him to get a puncture a few miles form home aswell :lol: ...

and......while passing a bus on the motorway two up on peggy my rear let go again :eek2 :lol:

oh how we laughed,,

best day out in ages we had.
It sounds like you and your biker buddies had a right old giggle Rob :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

We could all do with a lift like that sometimes :thumbup: :thumbup:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Not often you see James's bike with the front wheel lower than the rear...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:35 pm Not often you see James's bike with the front wheel lower than the rear...
:D :D :D it was the only time all day :lol: :lol: :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Had to fit a shagged standard rear shock as the blade was booked in for its mot today and my nitron shock is still at nitron getting serviced 🤬.
The ride there and back in the rain wasn’t nice at all but the blade passed so that’s all good . Should have the shock back next week at some point 💪🏻
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:56 pm Had to fit a shagged standard rear shock as the blade was booked in for its mot today and my nitron shock is still at nitron getting serviced 🤬.
The ride there and back in the rain wasn’t nice at all but the blade passed so that’s all good . Should have the shock back next week at some point 💪🏻
A shame about the rain, but looking on the bright side at least you got the mot :clap: :clap:

Fingers crossed on getting the Nitron shock back very soon,

Chris.
masterdave

Post by masterdave »

Flat bar setup finally sorted!
Attachments
IMG-20230429-WA0003.jpeg
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

masterdave wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 4:01 am Flat bar setup finally sorted!
Well done Dave :clap: 8)

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I finally got a ride-out on the Storm today, once I got it taxed first that is, see link: viewtopic.php?t=45828

Crackin' weather and great to be out :D :D

Chris.