what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Duffy1964

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Duffy1964 »

Looking good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:29 pm Looking good Image

I agree, they are looking good :thumbup:

Chris.
yellabell

Post by yellabell »

Cheers fellas, hopefully they'll be worth doing and improve the feel and braking effect. Reading up on some of the posts that go way back they do offer an upgrade. Tbh I quite like the flat bar setup along with the Blackbird clutch res and the CBR m/c.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Nice work Mick :thumbup:
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rode it. today & yesterday both to get stabbed in the arm...

Flu jab & covid booster...

Small prick...No thanks I have one already, joke has been made redundant with the sharp scratch warning...

:lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Yesterday I did the fork seals and fitted a 10mm longer fork spacer .
Fitted a uncut rear under tray .
Ooh I did like to tinker 😉
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Removed and stripped the carbs and treated them to a untra sonic bath then rebuilt them ready for fitting next weekend
Attachments
E1C89273-4F13-4A25-97D9-30E8D64ECD96.jpeg
628534F1-D65E-4E7E-82FF-70463BD9359A.jpeg
4E78D3A3-E109-4B31-BC54-65868D9493BE.jpeg
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Walked out into the cave all guns blazing and................looked at them, and walked out again :eek2 :eek2 ... gotta be a first but iv a winter ahead of me and all iv to do is change the oil in dori, and get a set of tyres on it... :confused ...

i did run dori up to temp just to keep the battery topped up, does that count?
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Hamburg got an early run up the road to get fule... In work on Sat & Sunday, the petrol station I use is not open till 6am & closes @ 6 on the weekends.

Got home drained the oil & removed fillter left it seeping & tucked up in the garage whilst the rain fell. Back out in the PM in the sun! & Oiled it back up.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Gave the Murvinator a run out today, needed a few bits n bobs not avaliable in the local coop...

Nice dry sunny run out & not too cold either...

Back out on Hamburg in the morning @05.30 I expect it to be a bitt chillier...Electric heated gloves at the ready...
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

I'm having one more go at the mainshaft bearing with a newly sourced one that feels better than the last example which i think was old stock. This one came from Japan to order so im hopeful. Not that confident but still...I'm retired and have the time....
One fork leg has a leak after 7k miles so thats being redone again. Genuine seal as well and no nasty scoring or pitting on the tube. Just one thing, I used the guide on here and loctited the lower bolt... DON'T DO IT 😬. Had to drill it out and even then it spun once I got beyond 4mm. Pulling the damper rod up and putting it under tension with plates and tube stopped it turning.
I was surprised at the state of the oil after such little mileage, it was 7.5w but filthy and the lower bush had no coating left so new bushes on order.
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your

Post by fabiostar »

Duffy1964 wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:12 am
fabiostar wrote:you know you are bored when you spend 20mins cleaning the chain :eek2 :eek2 20 mins il never get back 8O . .

in proper news i started to pull the clocks of the LC to fit mph inners..
Dilly Dilly Image

mr dilly dilly indeed it was.. :clap: :clap: the guy knows LCs inside out.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So Monday at work chucking out time. Hamburg decided to play up & wouldnt start...No go on bump start...Got a jump pack from the office & it fired up.

Rode out of the car park got through the security post, throtled off to take a right on to the main road...cuts out & dies...wont restart...Bugger.

Pushed it back into the car park & orderd a cab. an hour later & £20 quid poorer got home... Had to go in Tues &Wed's, so broke out The Murvinator...*

Used that for T & W. Plan A, get a lift up to work on Thursday, take some tools & a charged batt (x2 just in case) get it started & ride home...

So I gave one of me neighbours a knock who said he would help but also said he knew someone with a van... Half our later he knocks on me door & says he's mate is OK to help, has a trailor & is hooked up ready to go ...Happy days...

Off we toddle, rock up on site, I had told the secuity bods that I would try & get in on Thursday to get the bike so all was cool.

Loaded it up, got it home. Stuck it in the MacCave as couldnt be arsed to do it yesterday.

So this morning, pulled it out stuck the charged batt on...Prod Prod Wham fires up & ticks over nicley... Got the meter out showing 13.9 so charging fine left it running for a bit. Meter again with lights on & 3k still showing good volts... Will go out on it over the next few days to make sure all is good, Have some extra days off so no work till Weds... :thumbup:

* See there is a method in my madness of having loads of Storms afterall...Horder ? No forward thinker....Hahahaha
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

One for each day of the week mac and a few spare just in case 😹😂😹
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

MacV2 wrote:So Monday at work chucking out time. Hamburg decided to play up & wouldnt start...No go on bump start...Got a jump pack from the office & it fired up.

Rode out of the car park got through the security post, throtled off to take a right on to the main road...cuts out & dies...wont restart...Bugger.

Pushed it back into the car park & orderd a cab. an hour later & £20 quid poorer got home... Had to go in Tues &Wed's, so broke out The Murvinator...*

Used that for T & W. Plan A, get a lift up to work on Thursday, take some tools & a charged batt (x2 just in case) get it started & ride home...

So I gave one of me neighbours a knock who said he would help but also said he knew someone with a van... Half our later he knocks on me door & says he's mate is OK to help, has a trailor & is hooked up ready to go ...Happy days...

Off we toddle, rock up on site, I had told the secuity bods that I would try & get in on Thursday to get the bike so all was cool.

Loaded it up, got it home. Stuck it in the MacCave as couldnt be arsed to do it yesterday.

So this morning, pulled it out stuck the charged batt on...Prod Prod Wham fires up & ticks over nicley... Got the meter out showing 13.9 so charging fine left it running for a bit. Meter again with lights on & 3k still showing good volts... Will go out on it over the next few days to make sure all is good, Have some extra days off so no work till Weds... :thumbup:

* See there is a method in my madness of having loads of Storms afterall...Horder ? No forward thinker....Hahahaha
You will probably be getting a load more Storms with Sadik Kunts ULEZ looking like I will be selling mine in the spring Image

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project