what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:00 pm
sirch345 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:53 pm
fabiostar wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:03 pm Chris, thats some life outa a battery on a big twin :thumbup: . if i get 4 im happy.
Rob, I agree, I'm more than happy with that :D :D
But time to replace it now.

What make and size battery do use in the Moriwaki bike with the tuned engine :?:
I've been using the next size up in my Storm which is Yuasa YTX14-BS,

Chris.
upto the one i have in now iv always used the standard size, the one atm im using is for a varadaro which is slightly bigger :thumbup: , seems to be holding up well tho during winter i start it up every week or at longest 2 weeks and run it up to temp :thumbup:

this ones a motobatt,
Thanks Rob for that information :thumbup: :thumbup:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

ItsaKeeper wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:17 pm After reading Chris's post I wheeled the firestorm outside and started it up this morning and let it run till the fan kicked in, no starting issues thankfully.

I have had battery troubles in the past and think that I probably ruined the previous expensive battery by having it permanently on an optimate. The battery would show as charged but actually wasn't. As an experiment 3 years ago I bought a cheap battery and a different charger, CTek 0.8 and only charge monthly, charge only and never on trickle. It's all good so far and the battery cost about 30 quid delivered and is absolutely fit for purpose, it still costs almost the same now.

https://www.tayna.co.uk/motorcycle-batt ... gIYIfD_BwE

I stood back and admired the bike whilst it was warming up and like a kid I revved it up a wee bit when it was up to temp....that Moriwaki sound is gorgeous :lol:
Great to see your post, especially the part regarding the "Leoch" battery (in your link). I did a bit of research a few years ago on that make of battery after MacV2 gave me a link for Tayna batteries and what he was using. I found a piece on Leoch batteries (a name I had not come across before, from Mac's link) who apparently do not use recycled lead in their production of batteries, and thought they could be worth a shot. So interesting that you have been road testing this make for 3yrs with good results. You can read about it here : https://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopi ... 84#p492684

As for keeping a motorcycle connected permanently to an Optimate or similar charger / monitor when the bike is stored over winter and may be longer if the weather is rubbish, that is a very controversial subject, as I expect you already know. All I can say is I have done just that to this Yuasa battery that has lasted almost 7yrs, and I did the same to the previous Yuasa battery and that lasted a similar length of time,

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:15 pm Got mine out a win spin for petrol.tad Baltic.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
Nice one Rob, I like the cool looking street in the back-drop 8) :D

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm When i checked the KTM valve clearances all 4 exhaust valves were pretty tight on the 0.25mm feeler gauge, which is bottom spec, and I had told myself that it would be fine till next service and was going to to build it back up when the 4 spark plugs arrived.

Bad move having too much thinking time!!!!!! It is a sh1t load of hassle to get this far into the guts of the beast, and for a bit more work I could get the clearances up to top limit…. So that’s what I have started!

Front cam out and now waiting for the new shims so I can reset them, then it will be onto the even tighter constraints of the rear cyl head.

This is what a KTM oil & spring powered CCT looks like.
IMG_4889.jpeg

The front head
IMG_4887.jpeg

Looks slim without the tank
IMG_4882.jpeg
All back together now, started it up and it runs nicely……. Looks like I got all the wires and connectors back in their correct place
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:36 pm
AMCQ46 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm When i checked the KTM valve clearances all 4 exhaust valves were pretty tight on the 0.25mm feeler gauge, which is bottom spec, and I had told myself that it would be fine till next service and was going to to build it back up when the 4 spark plugs arrived.

Bad move having too much thinking time!!!!!! It is a sh1t load of hassle to get this far into the guts of the beast, and for a bit more work I could get the clearances up to top limit…. So that’s what I have started!

Front cam out and now waiting for the new shims so I can reset them, then it will be onto the even tighter constraints of the rear cyl head.

This is what a KTM oil & spring powered CCT looks like.
IMG_4889.jpeg

The front head
IMG_4887.jpeg

Looks slim without the tank
IMG_4882.jpeg
All back together now, started it up and it runs nicely……. Looks like I got all the wires and connectors back in their correct place
Well done Al, I knew you'd do it :clap: :clap:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Today i put the pegaso up for sale :eek2 . iv already said no to a playstaion and a jet ski!!! wtf would i want a jet ski for :eek2 :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 5:12 pm Today i put the pegaso up for sale :eek2 . iv already said no to a playstaion and a jet ski!!! wtf would i want a jet ski for :eek2 :eek2
:lol: :lol: I never realised you are a 'Gamer' Rob :lol: :lol:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

And today the pegaso left to a new home :clap: :? :? :? not sure if im pleased or not but its one now..

the next problem is the bike iv kinda taken to is on ebay and in Norfolk :eek2 . a blue 955 street triple is the only thing that seems to have sparked any interest
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Offer the owner a jetski for it.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:13 pm Offer the owner a jetski for it.
:lol: :lol:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

fabiostar wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:19 pm And today the pegaso left to a new home :clap: :? :? :? not sure if im pleased or not but its one now..

the next problem is the bike iv kinda taken to is on ebay and in Norfolk :eek2 . a blue 955 street triple is the only thing that seems to have sparked any interest
Easy... https://www.bikemoveruk.co.uk/
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

fabiostar wrote:And today the pegaso left to a new home :clap: :? :? :? not sure if im pleased or not but its one now..

A 955 Street Triple. Is that a thing? Speed Triple surely, says the pedantic git in the corner.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your

Post by fabiostar »

Well today after I have to say some soul searching about bikes and what I want or did I even want to replace peggy!!!!
I woke up with all intentions of not replacing it or at least maybe give it a few months and make my mind up.
Then this happened lol
2009 .1050 speed triple. One lady owner.for real. History with it .new tyres ,heated grips,we rack for the sarnies . Scottoiler, gel seat, Standard otherwise.
Big ugly standard exhaust.(new one already ordered).
And only 14500 miles.

What could go wrong.ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-J415FN using Tapatalk
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Well done Rob, I like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice one Rob 8) 8)
What's not to like, fully adjustable suspenders too front and rear :D

I'm amazed how quick you can change bikes where you live :lol: :lol:

Chris.