what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

Today I hve mainly been...Washing Hamburg.

Having a visit from Ben AKA DJ Walker. Deals done on a tank, involving some air gun supplies & bits n bobs & me buying a set of Forks.

Tomorow is looking dry I have to take The Murvinator for an MOT...If the worksop is open...

Also need a tyre for a car*...Yes Mac has gone 4 wheels purely for work as there really isnt anywhere for me bike kit at work...No lockers

* acording to the V5 it's blue... 8O in reality its closer to silver...So I can relax...Just an old Focus, nothing fancy. Cheap but has long MOT...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:36 pm Today I hve mainly been...Washing Hamburg.

Having a visit from Ben AKA DJ Walker. Deals done on a tank, involving some air gun supplies & bits n bobs & me buying a set of Forks.

Tomorow is looking dry I have to take The Murvinator for an MOT...If the worksop is open...

Also need a tyre for a car*...Yes Mac has gone 4 wheels purely for work as there really isnt anywhere for me bike kit at work...No lockers

* acording to the V5 it's blue... 8O in reality its closer to silver...So I can relax...Just an old Focus, nothing fancy. Cheap but has long MOT...
I'd say a good idea in getting a car for work :thumbup:
I wouldn't want to be riding to work on a motorcycle in the winter now I'm older. When I was younger I didn't bother me, and I bounced better :shh:

Good luck with the Murvinator's mot,

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

today i fitted the steering damper brackets and rerouted the tail wiring as it was incorrect and then investigated why it wasn't getting good volts with the lights on .
looks like i will be buying another RR after all
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-27 at 11.30.55zxcv.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-27 at 11.30.55.jpg
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Hamburg let me down...Again...

So I went out this morning in the car to get a tyre fitted, all sorted almost home & it dawned on me that the numpties hadn't given me the locking wheel nut back... Damm & blast...

So decided to go back on Hamburg, rode down ok, parked up, explaind why I was back, couldn't fine said nut, said I'd come back in the car so they could find & match a correct nut. It's either there or the idiot left it on the wheel so it fell off whilst driving home.

Mounted back up pulled out of the yard, thought it was a bit fluffy, got round the corner a ways & it cut out...

It would juist about start but not ticking over very well, any throttle & it dies...

Parked it up & thought I'll give the Mons a call see if he could come & rescue me...Indeed he did...Got it loaded up & head for home.

Plenty of fule in the tank, battery is good, suspect the petkock has gone awol...

Job for another day as cant be arsed to do it today...

Huge thank you to Mr Mons for giving up his time & helping me out. Bonus that the drive home was almost pun free !

Cheers Tony a beer or 3 on me in Devon...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Removed a few of the dodgie wiring from the loom and removed the yellow wires for the reg/rec then repurposed the live and earth that ran the the reg as I’ll be fitting a small fuse box to them for accessories .
Ordered the eastern beaver reg wire kit as The chap in the USA E marc hasn’t got back to me :-( picked up a mosfet reg of eBay from a triumph fh020AA for £45 😁 so when that lot gets here the bike be ready fo it to be fitted .
purgeraptor

Post by purgeraptor »

lloydie wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:52 pm Removed a few of the dodgie wiring from the loom and removed the yellow wires for the reg/rec then repurposed the live and earth that ran the the reg as I’ll be fitting a small fuse box to them for accessories .
Ordered the eastern beaver reg wire kit as The chap in the USA E marc hasn’t got back to me :-( picked up a mosfet reg of eBay from a triumph fh020AA for £45 😁 so when that lot gets here the bike be ready fo it to be fitted .
Good work!

Sorry I couldn't reply to your PM...I don't have enough posts yet.
I did answer in my Welcome thread though.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

You best start posing more lol . No problem and thank you
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Mounted the new reg/rec , good job the blade has a fat butt to fit this in !!! It’s a little bit bigger than the one it’s replacing . Just waiting for the beaver loom to come now .
More tinkering tomorrow
789848EE-E7A8-4A1E-A8AA-058AD481B3A6.jpeg
Lloydie's RR..jpg
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That's much better Lloydie :thumbup:

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

sirch345 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:24 pm That's much better Lloydie :thumbup:

Chris.
It is now it’s not upside down (thank you ) 👍👍
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:15 am
sirch345 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:24 pm That's much better Lloydie :thumbup:

Chris.
It is now it’s not upside down (thank you ) 👍👍
:lol: :lol: No problem.

I was referring to the size of the new R/R in comparison to the old one in the first photo. I have never put both side by side before, what a difference :crazy:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So as it's not bloddy raining today...Time to pull naughty misbehaving Hamburg out & see what the issue is...

Quick eyeball & the vac pipe had come off the spigot from the cylinder block...

No clip in sight, found one in the stash of bits, so thats good but the end of the pipe has some cracks/splits in it... easy just a small trim...will the clip go on will it feck, so had to open that up a bit sorted now to get the pipe back on the spigot

Yeah ! easy fix...

Think again cant get me fat fingers in, cant get long nose pliers in !

So...Tank off, airbox off, still cant get in so had to lossen the carb rubbers front & rear, pop the rear one out & twist carbs out of the way...

Now I can get the pipe back on & get the clip in place & squeeze it up tight.

Phew sorted.

Boxed it all back up...

Still wont 'kin start...

DOH ! Numptie balldrocks didnt put the vac line back on the petcock ! Hahahaha

Sorted that & it lives, settled down to a nice tickover, happy days...

I'm off to ebay to look for some very long neddle nose pliers...
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Glad you got it sorted Macster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Stripped the plastics off the suzuki and fitted some heated grips, added a lead for the sat nav to the loom and fitted my old auto chain oiler whilst I was there.
Yay! for toasty fingers , a chain which doesn't squeak and not getting lost on the way to Sainsbury's (other supermarkets are available and I'm not affiliated to them in any way :P

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Rode Dori to the garage for fresh fuel. all of 3 miles each way, it was baltic and im just getting feeling back into my hands :eek2 ...
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: