what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bikes" today

Post by MacV2 »

Fixed Nue Reds droppy exhaust, the join at the rear header drops down causing massive air leak & pops n bangs, fun for a bit, then gets a bit tireing... Re-aranged the hanging straps a bit to take some tension off it...might be happening due to not having them bolted to the foot peg...

Put some different carbs on Big Bird & it only bloody fired up ! So after all that agro with it blowing fuses, differnt R/R sorted that. Then no spark to the front cyl/plug...Differnt coil sorted that... Gummed up carbs seems to be the final puzzel to be solved.

Had it running for a good 10 mins but the r/r is getting very hot & not sure its charging the batt as after turning it off I went to start it again 15 -20 mins later..not having it & drained the batt...

Ho hum back to sq 1...I'll get back to that on another day...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Re: what have you done to your

Post by AMCQ46 »

Went out for an early ride and after a couple of hours I decided that my race design helmet was starting to give me a headache so I looked on google to see if there were any big bike clothing stores over where I was and found Moto Central was 15mins away.

So a quick diversion and some helmet shopping.

The bloke there was a full trained helmet fitter (Never knew there was such a thing), so he measured both size and shape of my big square head and then he worked through the types of lid that suit that shape.

Very enlightening, the best fit round the crown was an AGV, but the Cheek pads barely pushed on my face, and you can’t get custom pads for agv, so that was out.
The HJC was also good, but I couldn’t get my big jug ears comfortable in that, so then tried the shoei GT air2, that didn’t fit at all. L was too big and I couldn’t get the M on!

But he then said the that the Shoei NXR 2 had a different fit to the GT and that was much better, but could have done with a little bit more cheek pad.
Then he said that he had a couple of the older NXR 1 in the back room, and the were slightly closer fit, so tried that and bingo Image. And it was £150 discount as old model.
So bought that and then stopped for a chippy lunch.

Here she is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:07 pm Went out for an early ride and after a couple of hours I decided that my race design helmet was starting to give me a headache so I looked on google to see if there were any big bike clothing stores over where I was and found Moto Central was 15mins away.

So a quick diversion and some helmet shopping.

The bloke there was a full trained helmet fitter (Never knew there was such a thing), so he measured both size and shape of my big square head and then he worked through the types of lid that suit that shape.

Very enlightening, the best fit round the crown was an AGV, but the Cheek pads barely pushed on my face, and you can’t get custom pads for agv, so that was out.
The HJC was also good, but I couldn’t get my big jug ears comfortable in that, so then tried the shoei GT air2, that didn’t fit at all. L was too big and I couldn’t get the M on!

But he then said the that the Shoei NXR 2 had a different fit to the GT and that was much better, but could have done with a little bit more cheek pad.
Then he said that he had a couple of the older NXR 1 in the back room, and the were slightly closer fit, so tried that and bingo Image. And it was £150 discount as old model.
So bought that and then stopped for a chippy lunch.

Here she is

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has trouble in finding a motorcycle helmet that fits correctly. The very best crash helmet I've ever had was an X-Lite 601, that fitted like a glove so-to-speak. Down here in Cornwall it's a nightmare almost trying to locate a suitable crash helmet for me. I need in most cases an XXL. I have never had the luxury of a fully trained helmet fitter, but all the write-ups I've come across all say that's how you're supposed to buy a crash helmet.

Glad to hear you got a suitable one in the end Al :thumbup:

Chris.
popkat

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by popkat »

Nice looking lid Al, matches your bikes well 🧐🙃😂

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

popkat wrote:Nice looking lid Al, matches your bikes well ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Great lid Al, I like the design (and your choice of contrasting colours Image).

I've got the NXR 2, after years of using the Shoei xr range. I've always needed the thicker cheek pads too.

Can't believe how expensive visors and cheekpads are these days!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Jamie :wave:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

"What have you done to your bike today?"

Nothing, it's too hot. But I built a model plane and razzed it around an American WW2 airbase Image

Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Not today, but yesterday I cleaned the carbs on the LC and fitted a new battery.
Now it’s a runner ImageImageImage

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

popkat wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:54 am Nice looking lid Al, matches your bikes well 🧐🙃😂

will respray the KTM blue if that helps
AMcQ
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Jamoi wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:21 pm "What have you done to your bike today?"

Nothing, it's too hot. But I built a model plane and razzed it around an American WW2 airbase Image

Used to fly RC stuff way back before the electrics took over. While I can see the advantages to it, there is just something missing when you go to the RC field and don't get the 2 stoke oil smell along with the alcohol & nitro exhaust 8) :wink:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Duffy1964 wrote:Not today, but yesterday I cleaned the carbs on the LC and fitted a new battery.

Looks completely mint Duffers Image are you planning to ride it much?

Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

8541Hawk wrote:
Jamoi wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:21 pm "What have you done to your bike today?"

Used to fly RC stuff way back before the electrics took over. While I can see the advantages to it, there is just something missing when you go to the RC field and don't get the 2 stoke oil smell along with the alcohol & nitro exhaust 8) :wink:
I know what you mean, I had this same plane with a 50cc 2 stroke about 10 years ago. But, with so many other hobbies on the go, I like being able to charge a battery and go flying. The 2 stroke was awesome, but required maintenance!

It has a 2 metre wingspan and is good for around 100mph, which isn't bad for a wee leccy motor.

Some of the dudes at the airfield have gas turbine jets, man those things are impressive!

Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Jamoi wrote:
Duffy1964 wrote:Not today, but yesterday I cleaned the carbs on the LC and fitted a new battery.

Looks completely mint Duffers Image are you planning to ride it much?

Thanks Jamie, it’s pretty clean. The plan is to get it all sorted this year while I’m running my Tdr250 and then use the LC next year while I do some powder coating on the TDR Image

Duffy1964
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:31 pm Not today, but yesterday I cleaned the carbs on the LC and fitted a new battery.

That's looking great Duffy 8) :clap:

Chris.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Thanks Chris, I’m well pleased with it.

Glad you got your tyre sorted

Duffy1964