what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

Cleaning Nue Red of Wales can wait till later...

Just added up the fule recipits...£113.14...77.73 ltrs... 8O
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Duffy1964

what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Duffy1964 »

MacV2 wrote:Cleaning Nue Red of Wales can wait till later...

Is that correct Mac ?
I spent £144.61 on 80.9 litres
That average is £1.77 per litre
Working out to 40.3 mpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your

Post by MacV2 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:58 pm
MacV2 wrote:Cleaning Nue Red of Wales can wait till later...

Is that correct Mac ?
I spent £144.61 on 80.9 litres
That average is £1.77 per litre
Working out to 40.3 mpg

Well unless I missed a recipit out thats what it added up to...

Somehow I feked up the trips. Got two on Nue Red A & B...A, I use as a per tank, B, as an overal milage. At some point I must of FatFingerd it & reset B.

Was only showing 300 odd miles...DOH!
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

That’s a pain mate.
I left with a full tank and refilled just before I got home, so I was pretty pleased with the old FJ

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Filled my van up from empty with premium diesel (£150), totaled 520 miles getting to and from Op Storm Wales and I used half a tank. I'm sure that's cheaper than my Storm!

Jamie :wave:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Jamoi wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:02 pm Filled my van up from empty with premium diesel (£150), totaled 520 miles getting to and from Op Storm Wales and I used half a tank. I'm sure that's cheaper than my Storm!
I may not have saved any fuel cost using the van to get me there and back, but I certainly saved expensive bike tyres!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

tony.mon wrote:
Jamoi wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:02 pm Filled my van up from empty with premium diesel (£150), totaled 520 miles getting to and from Op Storm Wales and I used half a tank. I'm sure that's cheaper than my Storm!
I may not have saved any fuel cost using the van to get me there and back, but I certainly saved expensive bike tyres!
Absolutely! The motorway chewed my rear tyre to bits last year. That gets expensive quickly Image

Jamie :wave:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Washed Nue Red & gave Hamburg a wipe over whilst the bucket was out.

Was gonna fettel the brakes on Hamburg but it started raining so packed up & went in to catch up on the BSB from the weekend...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Gave the new Pegaso a good outing in the company of James and the mighty Husky last night on some proper supermoto type roads :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: loving the single pot life. sh1ts and giggles all night :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:29 pm Gave the new Pegaso a good outing in the company of James and the mighty Husky last night on some proper supermoto type roads :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: loving the single pot life. sh1ts and giggles all night :thumbup:
A night out on the bike with James ..... What could be be better :thumbup: I bet there was some rubber shredded from your tyres :twisted:
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:16 am
fabiostar wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:29 pm Gave the new Pegaso a good outing in the company of James and the mighty Husky last night on some proper supermoto type roads :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: loving the single pot life. sh1ts and giggles all night :thumbup:
A night out on the bike with James ..... What could be be better :thumbup: I bet there was some rubber shredded from your tyres :twisted:
proper sh1ts and giggles all night on our fav roads round here, the tyres are well scrubbed in :eek2 :clap: :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Nosepicker

Post by Nosepicker »

Serviced it.
Well it was actually yesterday but I'm a bit slow :shh:

Three valves - all inlets - were a bit on the tight side

Plugs, coolant, brake and clutch fluid, fresh oil, oil and air filter and carbs balanced.
Apart from the valves all a bit overkill, but I'm a sad fecker with nothing else to do :oops:

Removed the rear peg hangers and fitted the seat hump. Mostly using the Suzuki for two-up riding
Bad choices make good stories :D
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

sirch345 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:49 pm
mjvw wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:05 pm Locked 0EM off using lock of key rear first TDC then front TDC measured and set manual ls up to that setting checked motor turned ok no issues.
As per instructions provided with purchased ccts and site instruction but did not measure chain slack.
Was hoping could back them off without removing cam cover as all new gaskets and cam bolt washers fitted.
Thanks for the help.
I would suggest backing out the adjuster on one cylinder first one or two flats, if you were able to tell which cylinder you heard the screech from then do that one first. You want to do that when the of engine is stone cold, so if the first cylinder you go for doesn't cure the screech try the other one the next day so the engine is cold. Good luck,

Chris.
At last got round to sorting the issue above as bike has not been used, @sirc345 was spot on overtight!!! Cam chains cam covers off, tensioner guide off timing marks set and slacked of manual adjusters to get 7-8mm chain slack.
Just can’t believe how tight they were but now sorted.
Also, the addition of a fork brace has improved the front-end feel.
Have been using my other bike but it's great to be back on the storm :D
Storming About :thumbup:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Not today but Yesterday I took Tracy to Pro Twin to see if she found the seat comfortable as in mm dragging her to the TT next year ImageImage

Duffy1964
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Yesterday my youngest and I went on our first ride together as he passed his cbt last week and took delivery of his new 125 .
Took him out early 6am did a steady 100 miles around the Cotswolds and back home . He learnt a lot especially riding down the lanes is more fun than city riding .
Told him next time we go for a ride it’ll be a fish and chip run .
Then I told him from the seaside ,he shat him self lololool .
I said to him there’s more to bikes then commuting .
He already wants a bigger bike but he will have to wait as he’s only 17 .

Today I fitted a mcct to the blade as it started ticking last week , so much easier on a il4 than the storm 😂.