what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

Sod all for the last 4 days as been at work...

However I had been working on Red633 on the last 4 off days as it will be going to a new home shortly...

Basicaly been laid up since I got it as I had other bikes on the go as it were.

Sloshed some fresh fule in it, a charged batt... & it fired up & puked fule out of the front carb overflow ! Damm...

So after stripping it down carbs off bit of a clean up, jets & bits blasted with carb cleaner, boxed back up it fired up all ok... Phew!

Also had to replace the front brake light switch as that was fubar...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

You running down your stock Macster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I spent all day yesterday setting the clipons I changed to on the Tuono. They drop the bars about 50mm in total, but setting them so that all of the switches sit in the right places and there is no contact to the tank and fairing took most of the day.

I found the same when changing the clipons on my SP2 to slightly higher ones, I tried two non standard options on that bike and they both took bloody ages to dial in. Woodcraft were best, so that's what I bought to replace the standard Tuono bars, which felt a bit high for me.

All done now, a quick test ride this afternoon to make sure that the fault light caused by a damaged clutch switch is all sorted, and that should be that for now. That turned off traction control and a few other electronic aids; it's amazing how much you miss them when they're not available!

I still need to set the mirrors to the best positions.
And drill the rh bar and tap it M18 so I can reinstall the brake lever guard into the bar end weight, otherwise, no track day fun.
I'll plug in the laptop and clear down the fault codes while I'm there.

Let's see what it complains about next...
Chain, sprockets and tyres needed before the summer.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:38 pm I spent all day yesterday setting the clipons I changed to on the Tuono. They drop the bars about 50mm in total, but setting them so that all of the switches sit in the right places and there is no contact to the tank and fairing took most of the day.

I found the same when changing the clipons on my SP2 to slightly higher ones, I tried two non standard options on that bike and they both took bloody ages to dial in. Woodcraft were best, so that's what I bought to replace the standard Tuono bars, which felt a bit high for me.

All done now, a quick test ride this afternoon to make sure that the fault light caused by a damaged clutch switch is all sorted, and that should be that for now. That turned off traction control and a few other electronic aids; it's amazing how much you miss them when they're not available!

I still need to set the mirrors to the best positions.
And drill the rh bar and tap it M18 so I can reinstall the brake lever guard into the bar end weight, otherwise, no track day fun.
I'll plug in the laptop and clear down the fault codes while I'm there.

Let's see what it complains about next...
Chain, sprockets and tyres needed before the summer.
We intend to take it for granted how easy it is to remove and re-fit the OEM handlebars with even giving it a thought.

Changing to a different type of handlebars, or repositioning them even can be a much different ball-game. So I can fully appreciate how much time you can spend setting your new handlebars up Tony :clap: :clap:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Red633 got some new clothes...
633 2 301018.jpg
Before...
Bin shot.jpg
After inc bin. Ok so it's a blue barrel but I use it as a bin...
With belly 1.jpg
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Looking tidy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Mot time for dori on saturday so replaced the number plate and changed the clocks over for an old set i use for mot day each year so hoping i dont get a mot nazi on saturday :eek2

oh yes and a set of Angel STs for a change.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

MacV2 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:27 pm Red633 got some new clothes...

633 2 301018.jpg
Before...

Bin shot.jpg

With belly 1.jpg
very nice :thumbup: :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:27 pm Red633 got some new clothes...

633 2 301018.jpg
Before...

Bin shot.jpg

With belly 1.jpg
I agree with Duffy and Lloydie, Red633 is looking great Mac 8) 8)
The new clothes look good :thumbup:
And it's looking very shiny :D
fabiostar wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:12 pm Mot time for dori on saturday so replaced the number plate and changed the clocks over for an old set i use for mot day each year so hoping i dont get a mot nazi on saturday :eek2

oh yes and a set of Angel STs for a change.
Good luck for Saturday's mot Rob :thumbup:

Chris.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

After a recent chat with Jonesey regarding Macs workshop day, I felt motivated enough to drag the Storm out of hibernation and get to work on it again!

I'm still in the process of fitting a Honda RS250 seat unit, which has required learning to weld, making a subframe, and pretty much fabricating everything which attaches to it! A lot of work.

Buuuuut, light is appearing at the end of the tunnel. Still lots to do, but I reckon I'll have it ready for an MOT in around a month.
Jamie :wave:
Donut 77

Post by Donut 77 »

Firstly, I’ve bored my Mrs (who I’m building the storm for) with everything I’ve leaned so far - down to unnecessary levels of detail.

Then cleaned up the oil from the driveway and put a tarp over her, ready for return to work.

👍
Good job I’m not in a rush…
No longer in the B154-M club.
Donut 77

Post by Donut 77 »

Over the bike obvs. Not the Mrs, although….
Good job I’m not in a rush…
No longer in the B154-M club.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

Jamoi wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:16 am After a recent chat with Jonesey regarding Macs workshop day, I felt motivated enough to drag the Storm out of hibernation and get to work on it again!

I'm still in the process of fitting a Honda RS250 seat unit, which has required learning to weld, making a subframe, and pretty much fabricating everything which attaches to it! A lot of work.

Buuuuut, light is appearing at the end of the tunnel. Still lots to do, but I reckon I'll have it ready for an MOT in around a month. Image
That's what I call dedication Jamie :clap: :clap:

It should look great 8)

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Donut 77 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:30 pm Firstly, I’ve bored my Mrs (who I’m building the storm for) with everything I’ve leaned so far - down to unnecessary levels of detail.

Then cleaned up the oil from the driveway and put a tarp over her, ready for return to work.

👍
:lol: I'm inclined to do that too :lol:

It's only over the years I have managed to restrict my bike chat with the wife in too much detail :shh:
Donut 77 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:31 pm Over the bike obvs. Not the Mrs, although….
:lol: :lol:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

so mot day, big number plate :thumbup: old set of storm clocks fitted :thumbup:

rolled up to the testing station and half an hour later chatting to the tester who said ooooh whats that, i got my pass for another year :thumbup: .

plate and dash fitted back to pre mot and shes good to go :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: