what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
lloydie

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by lloydie »

Finally got the rear shock back after 32 days of it being lost in the post ! It never made it to nitron so got to send it again and hope it gets there this time as they have a 3 week leed time at the mo !
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

lloydie wrote:Finally got the rear shock back after 32 days of it being lost in the post ! It never made it to nitron so got to send it again and hope it gets there this time as they have a 3 week leed time at the mo !
Great that you got it back. I lost a set of Harris rear sets through Hermes. I was refunded the sale amount, eventually, but I'd rather they'd got where they were going. I've never used them again.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:33 pm Finally got the rear shock back after 32 days of it being lost in the post ! It never made it to nitron so got to send it again and hope it gets there this time as they have a 3 week leed time at the mo !
freeridenick wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:42 pm
lloydie wrote:Finally got the rear shock back after 32 days of it being lost in the post ! It never made it to nitron so got to send it again and hope it gets there this time as they have a 3 week leed time at the mo !
Great that you got it back. I lost a set of Harris rear sets through Hermes. I was refunded the sale amount, eventually, but I'd rather they'd got where they were going. I've never used them again.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
8O 8O That's not good for either of you.

Lloydie, glad (like Nick said) you got the shock back, although I can't imagine you're happy about trying again.

Nick, glad you got compensated for the Harris rear-sets, but hardly what you wanted for sure.

I will be on tender hooks when I have to post my Penske shock off come next service time :crazy:
I usually use Parcel Force and they have been excellent in the past, but that was before the strikes started,

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

It was surprising as it was sent via Royal Mail special delivery .
Just glad to have it back , if nitron was open on a Saturday I’d take it there myself just to be sure it got there but they ain’t .
I was in the prosess of buying a Penske shock the other day but then I got the email my shock was on its way back .
So I didn’t buy it , still kicking myself as I should have got it as a spare as it was silly cheap (also needed a service ) .
Never mind all good in the end (I hope ) .
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:33 am It was surprising as it was sent via Royal Mail special delivery .
Just glad to have it back , if nitron was open on a Saturday I’d take it there myself just to be sure it got there but they ain’t .
I was in the prosess of buying a Penske shock the other day but then I got the email my shock was on its way back .
So I didn’t buy it , still kicking myself as I should have got it as a spare as it was silly cheap (also needed a service ) .
Never mind all good in the end (I hope ) .
Fingers crossed Lloydie all goes well this time,

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I did a few jobs yesterday that I couldn't be arsed to get cold doing over the winter.
I built a little carbon fibre bridge to fit over the top yoke handlebar mounting points that are redundant now I have clipons fitted (this is on a Tuono V4, by the way).

I also changed lots of zinc plated bolts to stainless ones, where I can see them when riding. A pet hate is anything in my line of sight when I'm riding that is starting to corrode, fur up or tarnish.

The usual chain tension, clean the chain and lube- it's getting towards the end of its life at 12k, so a 520 will go on at some stage this year.

Adjusted the clipon position, to try to get the bars level with the front wheel straight ahead. Another pet hate. And I found a way to route the clutch cable so that it didn't enter the adjuster at an angle, it's not entirely straight but it'll do. I only use the clutch to pull away, thanks to quickshifter and blipper, so it won't wreck the cable as quickly as it could do.

Oh, and I fitted a Puig screen. It fitted well, but came with a warning:

I dunno if they think I only ride in rainy weather, or if I go out on a sunny day, I go back to the bike to turn it round at lunchtime.....
Not recommended.
Last edited by tony.mon on Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Looks good Tony, nice to get rid of corroding bolts. They have no place on a Tuono!

I made some exhaust hangers today Image

ImageImage
Jamie :wave:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Nice job, Jamie
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Tony, your new screen looks the part, a shame about the warning, no doubt to cover their arses against claims.

Jamie, your welding is coming on a treat :clap:

Chris.
pirks

Post by pirks »

Talented bunch on here👍
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Cheers chaps! Chris, That's very kind. But honestly my welding is shocking (no pun intended) I'm just fairly handy with an angle grinder and file

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

made the mistake of taking a brake line of the front of dori to re-route it slightly, thats the easy part then bled the brakes, and bled the brakes and and and and and and, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk u bleed :eek2 these PFM discs and calipers are like hitting a brick wall but sweet jesus bleeding them is a pain,, in the end they did but next time i will re-route the bike instead of the lines :eek2 :lol:..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

Jamoi wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:17 am Cheers chaps! Chris, That's very kind. But honestly my welding is shocking (no pun intended) I'm just fairly handy with an angle grinder and file Image
:lol: :thumbup:

Well they don't look like they are going anywhere 8)
fabiostar wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:01 pm made the mistake of taking a brake line of the front of dori to re-route it slightly, thats the easy part then bled the brakes, and bled the brakes and and and and and and, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk u bleed :eek2 these PFM discs and calipers are like hitting a brick wall but sweet jesus bleeding them is a pain,, in the end they did but next time i will re-route the bike instead of the lines :eek2 :lol:..
:lol: :lol: :clap: :clap:

Chris
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Nice work Jamie, when is the big unveiling?
AMcQ
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

AMCQ46 wrote:Nice work Jamie, when is the big unveiling?
Cheers Al, I've still got bloomin loads to do... Image

Finally made some brackets to join the rearsets to the exhaust link pipes this afternoon. They've been flapping about for years! Just gave them a coat of zinc primer tonight.