what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

Rode up to the Jones ranch in Harwich on Friday in the poring bloody rain.

Spent Friday mainly drying out & chinwagging.

Saturday was spent getting the pairs crap off Red633 & getting the shear bolts out of the TPS so that could be adjusted. After a test run, well milk & beer run TBH, reports back that it is running much better, slight flat spot around 3k apparently...K&N filtter ???

Sunday morn spent wranging a replacement shock into Jonese's Panzervagon...as the one on it had shatitself. Blimey what a faff getting it out & the replacement in...

Rode home in the dry...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Rode around Devon, mostly in beautiful sunshine 👍 Jeez there are some major potholes left after the winter😳 Still I’m sure they’ll be spending all of the tax they’ve collected on sorting them, soon! 🙄
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Finally got a good few miles in. Nothing broke or fell off. The new riding position is sweet and I've got the suspension set up almost where i want it. I was attacked by a flock of Triumphs though! Image
Jamie :wave:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Nice one Jamie, great to hear all went well :clap: :clap:

Chris.
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your

Post by fabiostar »

Jamoi wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:37 pm Finally got a good few miles in. Nothing broke or fell off. The new riding position is sweet and I've got the suspension set up almost where i want it. I was attacked by a flock of Triumphs though! Image

in fairness to the storm, considering there could be 20 years between them it holds up well in the looks department :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Kev L

what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Kev L »

Changed the coolant and re-wired the Mosfet reg/rec using the correct plugs (I used individual spade connectors previously) and then with its clothes off gave it a good clean up. Watch it rain the next time I take it out! Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Kev L wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:26 pm Changed the coolant and re-wired the Mosfet reg/rec using the correct plugs (I used individual spade connectors previously)
Good work Kev :thumbup:

Where did you get your new plugs/connectors from :?:

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Picked up a set from a guy on E Bay, I guess they originated in China though. I have bought another set which are on their way on a slow boat from the same origin, to go on the Transalp. I bought a BMW GS1200 Reg/Rec to fit on as they have the same issues evidently so might as well stick a MOSFET on that as well.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Kev L wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:32 pm Picked up a set from a guy on E Bay, I guess they originated in China though. I have bought another set which are on their way on a slow boat from the same origin, to go on the Transalp. I bought a BMW GS1200 Reg/Rec to fit on as they have the same issues evidently so might as well stick a MOSFET on that as well.
Storms looking well Kev :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Kev L wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:32 pm Picked up a set from a guy on E Bay, I guess they originated in China though. I have bought another set which are on their way on a slow boat from the same origin, to go on the Transalp. I bought a BMW GS1200 Reg/Rec to fit on as they have the same issues evidently so might as well stick a MOSFET on that as well.
Thanks Kev for the INFO :thumbup:
Thinking about it, it's the actual spade connectors that fit in to the plugs that I need, although I doubt I'll be able to get them on their own :problem:

Yes, a good idea to fit a MOSFET to your Transalp as well as your Storm :thumbup:

I meant to say your bike is looking really clean and tidy 8) 8)

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:44 pm
Thinking about it, it's the actual spade connectors that fit in to the plugs that I need, although I doubt I'll be able to get them on their own :problem:

Yes, a good idea to fit a MOSFET to your Transalp as well as your Storm :thumbup:

Chris.
https://www.rexs-speedshop.com/product- ... onnectors/
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:07 pm
sirch345 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:44 pm

Chris.
https://www.rexs-speedshop.com/product- ... onnectors/
Cheers Mac :thumbup:

Chris.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Took the old girl out of hibernation today. Drained the old gas, put some fresh stuff in and she fired right up :)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Weekend at the Jones ranch...in the cage. Took some bike bits up & loaded more stuff back in. Had a sub visit from Jamie & more bits swapped over. He has kindly donated some more Storm bits to add to the Popkat haul. Will post up the additions as soon as I'm back home. Don't watch this space...watch the sales department.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Day 2 at the Jones ranch. Actually dud some work on a bike... sorted a seized rear calliper on Jamie Kemps KTM 125. What a pitta. Still the back wheel is now Orange again not brake dust & chain lube black...