what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by agentpineapple »

VTRDark wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:56 pm Went to put the swingarm and linkages back on the bike, set it all up found all the bolts and everything but couldn't remember which way around the Trangualur linkage bit went in the swingarm. I can no longer see the little arrow on it as it's painted. Went to check for some clues in the manual with no luck. I figured it can only go one of two ways so I shall flip a coin and if it's wrong reverse it. By this stage it started raining so packed up and gave up for the day. I swear the rain gods look down at me and have a laugh. Everytime I go to do something it bloody rains. Lets see if I can have better luck tommorow.
shake your fist at the sky and scream....WHY ME GOD!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

had a fun 200 mile ride today, went north towards the pyrenees, a bit of a gamble, as the weather gets worse up there, we did ok, gonly got a few spells of rain, neither of which were that heavy.
we rode the same road that CK had his accident on, in fact it was the first time my mate had been back there since that day, brought back lots of not so good memories.
they are epic roads up there, just ask Pete.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
the scenery is special as well.
here's a wee video of some fat bloke trying to ride....... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

a few more pics of last weeks adventure to Madrid. dam it was cold.

and finally one for the ladies..... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Great photos Marty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

ooooooh look at you sweety :p :p
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

agentpineapple wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:37 am had a fun 200 mile ride today, went north towards the pyrenees, a bit of a gamble, as the weather gets worse up there, we did ok, gonly got a few spells of rain, neither of which were that heavy.
we rode the same road that CK had his accident on, in fact it was the first time my mate had been back there since that day, brought back lots of not so good memories.
they are epic roads up there, just ask Pete.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
the scenery is special as well.
here's a wee video of some fat bloke trying to ride....... :wink:
Couldn't get any sound from your video :?:

Nice to see the photo's Marty :thumbup:

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I don't think it has sound.

Got my shock and swingarm back on but I haven't tightened up all the bolts fully yet I'm not sure if the triangular bracket that attaches to the dogbone and the bottom of the shock is the right way around. If you look at the triangle side on, one side is slightly longer than the other.

Help needed please....Could some kind person take a look at theirs and let me know if the short or long side attaches to the bottom of the shock....so the bit towards the front that attaches to the shock if viewing side on.

I also stuck my carbon engine covers on with some silicone. My bike cover has turned up along with the solariser. Fanatstic service from SportsBikeShop :clap: :clap: Iv'e decided I have had enough of the Yellow wheels. Too difficult to keep clean, so they are going to get a respray too. I might attempt a carbon effect.
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

VTRDark wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:13 pm I don't think it has sound.

Got my shock and swingarm back on but I haven't tightened up all the bolts fully yet I'm not sure if the triangular bracket that attaches to the dogbone and the bottom of the shock is the right way around. If you look at the triangle side on, one side is slightly longer than the other.

Help needed please....Could some kind person take a look at theirs and let me know if the short or long side attaches to the bottom of the shock....so the bit towards the front that attaches to the shock if viewing side on.

I also stuck my carbon engine covers on with some silicone. My bike cover has turned up along with the solariser. Fanatstic service from SportsBikeShop :clap: :clap: Iv'e decided I have had enough of the Yellow wheels. Too difficult to keep clean, so they are going to get a respray too. I might attempt a carbon effect.
i had a similar issue when i regreased my mates rear linkage, so i used pictures from ebay to figure it out mate
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... e&_sacat=0
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

If only it was that easy. Iv'e looked at pictures allready but they it's not obvious. I either need the measurment hole to hole from centre of the lower shock bolt to the centre of the bolt in the triangular mount or centre of bolt in triangular mount to centre of bolt in the dogbone. Either one will do.

Done a bit more while the weather is on my side. Got the subframe off ready for a quick coat of paint and trimmed up the OM plastic undertray for my fibreglass one to go on. Hey Marty I still have those mini indicators to fit...you know the mini mini ones. The smallest indiactors I have ever seen :lol: I have a carbon tail tidy to go on and those mini indiators but I need to order a new number plate. I'm not sure if Carbon coloured lettering is legal but that's what I would like.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:13 pm I don't think it has sound.

There is an arrow & a part number showing which way it goes so if you fit it wrong the arrow will be pointing to the rear, it should point forwards...Off the top of me head...as you look at it the two mounting points, dog bone & shock the shock one is slightly longer if that makes sence...

However me being me I have one to hand so here are some pics...

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Thanks Mac that's helpful as I can see difference in lenghts with that close up pic :thumbup: I no longer have the arrow as it's been painter over. That would have made life too easy. :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:57 pm Thanks Mac that's helpful as I can see difference in lenghts with that close up pic :thumbup: I no longer have the arrow as it's been painter over. That would have made life too easy. :lol:
So has mine but can still see it... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

VTRDark wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:30 pm If only it was that easy. Iv'e looked at pictures allready but they it's not obvious. I either need the measurment hole to hole from centre of the lower shock bolt to the centre of the bolt in the triangular mount or centre of bolt in triangular mount to centre of bolt in the dogbone. Either one will do.

Done a bit more while the weather is on my side. Got the subframe off ready for a quick coat of paint and trimmed up the OM plastic undertray for my fibreglass one to go on. Hey Marty I still have those mini indicators to fit...you know the mini mini ones. The smallest indiactors I have ever seen :lol: I have a carbon tail tidy to go on and those mini indiators but I need to order a new number plate. I'm not sure if Carbon coloured lettering is legal but that's what I would like.
I very much doubt you'll have any issues with carbon lettering on ya numberplate carlos. as long as you stay respectful of it's size....iirc 9x7 is legal, I normally go for 8x6... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I need to come on here to pull myself away from eBay. I just bought some more Ti :lol:

Wacked a coat of Hammerite on my subframe this afternoon so hopefully tomorrow I can cut up more of the plastic undertray and start putting the rear end back together. Iv'e got a few electrical nick nacks to sort out. New connector block for the RR, a LED flasher unit to fit and then I have a new LED rear light and indiactors to wire up.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

today just like yesterday i sat and looked at my pair.. let me explain. saturday on my way into Belfast on the M2 i came on something i hope to never see again. a rider lying in the middle of the second lane, his bike scattered over the other 4 lanes. ambulance crew working on him but no movement from him that i could see :confused :confused ..

so iv been looking at my pair and thinking, wtf are you doing Robert at this age, honestly has made me think a bit...

god bless you lad whoever you are and hope it turns out well.. strange the things that shake you up but this has a little.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: