Forget to turn your indicators off?

General Bike chat
bandsawman

Post by bandsawman »

As a Firestorm owner, do you ever forget to turn your indicators off?

When I first got my Firestorm I was always forgetting to turn my indicators off - for me, the lamp on the dashwas too low down and just never stood out, and it became apparent that sooner or later I was gonna have an accident because of it.

So I bought an audible alarm off ebay - cost me about £6. Very easy to fit, sometimes people look at me a bit wierd when it's bleeping, but I'm sure it's saved my life more than once...
Going anywhere in a car is a journey, going anywhere on a bike is an adventure!
lloydie

Re: Forget to turn your indicators off?

Post by lloydie »

when i first started riding i learned the hard way , i left the left signal on and i went into the side of a car :oops:
im o,c,d about it now
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

I got two audible warning units from maplins, just be aware that it can cause blind people to step on to the pedestrian crossing...if you have it on as you pass...apart from that, well worth having
bandsawman

Post by bandsawman »

ChrisC wrote:I got two audible warning units from maplins, just be aware that it can cause blind people to step on to the pedestrian crossing...if you have it on as you pass...apart from that, well worth having
Oh yeah, someone did point that out to me - but I reckon blind people would know the difference between my slow bleeping and the fast bleeping of the pelican crossing...
But I'll watch out for them all the same :wink:
LotusSevenMan

Post by LotusSevenMan »

I use the more expensive option here as you can really taylor this unit to suit your requirements with differing sound patterns, variable delays to acivation, ramped up audio, differing sounds for different functions (indicators, hazards) etc etc

http://www.audicator.com/audicator.htm

Got mine at a discounted rate as I and a mate bought the brake/text unit too at the same time from the Excel Show some three years back or so. :thumbup:
"Only ride as fast as your guardian angel can fly" !!!
bandsawman

Post by bandsawman »

LotusSevenMan wrote:I use the more expensive option here as you can really taylor this unit to suit your requirements with differing sound patterns, variable delays to acivation, ramped up audio, differing sounds for different functions (indicators, hazards) etc etc

Got mine at a discounted rate as I and a mate bought the brake/text unit too at the same time from the Excel Show some three years back or so. :thumbup:
Brilliant!
That's spot-on, that. I don't like the bleeping that my indicators make, but I tolerate it because it saves my life - but this system is excellent!
I'll have to get myself one of those :D
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I bought myself one of these Audicators. A lot more expensive than what you bought bandsawman I know, but after trying one of those cheaper ones I ditched it and went for the Audicator. I may have just been unlucky with my cheaper one, but mine was rubbish.

The Audicator doesn't sound when the brake is applied IE. sat at traffic lights or tee junctions etc and is fully programmable to suit you.

Chris.
rob's red storm

Post by rob's red storm »

My alarm provides the ramped bleep, gets pretty loud and gets on my nerves most of the time! Might give the above a go, be nice for it to now bleep when sitting at the lights with the brake on!
If you need a brighter idiot light you could always put a high intensity LED in there instead of the standard bulb