Interesting swingarm

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Jester666

Interesting swingarm

Post by Jester666 »

Spotted this on the evilBay!!

Interesting mod and looks like quality workmanship.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Firestorm-V ... 3365146640
Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat!
Silver 1998 'Storm! That keeps trying to kill me! And is leaving me soon! :(
benny hedges

Re: Interesting swingarm

Post by benny hedges »

pretty sure that's been on before, or another one like it.
possible something for tony's collection for the drag strip...
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
bandsawman

Post by bandsawman »

Jester666 wrote:Spotted this on the evilBay!!

Interesting mod and looks like quality workmanship.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Honda-Firestorm-V ... 3365146640
I agree, it does look like quality workmanship - If you compare it to an original, there's a massive amount of work gone into it! And what's with the cutaway behind the brake caliper block?
Going anywhere in a car is a journey, going anywhere on a bike is an adventure!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yeah, I watched it sell for about £50 while back when I was unemployed and couldn't justify the spend.... :thumbdown:

I've got a bid in, we'll see.
Gone down the braced route now, though, all parts now sorted, just the welding to do.

But he's wrong, it would completely bollox the handling unless he wanted it just for the drag strip; it would handle like a battleship on a track, whatever front end was on it......

If I do get it (or one like it) it'll be fun riding it up to the drag strip on a Run-What -Yo-Brung day, though.
Three bites at a mini-roundabout, probably.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

"If I do get it (or one like it) it'll be fun riding it up to the drag strip on a Run-What -Yo-Brung day, though.
Three bites at a mini-roundabout, probably."
Is that the Hip Hop version of a Run What you Brung day? :eh: :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

If it only works for the drag strip it can be a pain in the butt changing it back over to the shorter one for the road.

shame he didnt get Spondon to do one where they put the 4" extention into the adjuster slots [remember all the Steve Burns Spondon framed specials that used to be in PB magazine?], so with a couple of different length chains, which are easy to swap on the storm, you could go from road to drag and back with about 30 mins work!

EDIT:
Not sure why there are so many bottles of iron bru in that photo, can only guess it was from a scottish bike show :lol:
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It would ride fine on straight roads, but steer very slowly on tighter corners.
No wore than a chop, really.
Not a problem, and I can switch swing-arms fairly quickly, a couple of hours will have it done.
Because it would need a longer chain, the exhaust on the LH side would have to come off anyway, not much more effort to undo the RH side, top shock mount, swingarm pivot bolt, RH side footrest assy, and dog bone bolt, then the arm comes out as an assembly with the shock.

Then it's easy to pull part on the bench.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.