trip keeps resetting??

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
teal-twin

trip keeps resetting??

Post by teal-twin »

hi there like most people i've been using the trip meter as my fuel gauge and it was going great :) i recently took my bike for it's MOT and when i picked it up they had changed it back to the odometer to get the mileage, since then it will not stay on the trip meter and resets itself every time the ignition is switched off?? am i just missing something or has anyone had this problem before? thanks
Bike history: C50(fields only) kawasaki AE50, CB125twin, DT125lc, RD200, TS125x, AR80, TZR250, VFR400nc30, CBR600FSport, VTR1000f What next??
AMCQ46

Re: trip keeps resetting??

Post by AMCQ46 »

Sounds like the button is sticking under the rubber cover. Give it a few prods and wiggles and see it that helps
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

either that or its got wet inside?
might be worth opening up the instrument pod & have a peep inside.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
rob's red storm

trip keeps resetting??

Post by rob's red storm »

Mine was doing this today as well randomly, may be bad battery connection? Going to investigate tomorrow lunch, but yeah it may be water ingress (I did leave poor stormy outside last night and the cover is crap)
tinysmall

Post by tinysmall »

I had this a while back. Turned out to be a loose battery connection. Took me two days to figure that out :oops:
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
teal-twin

Post by teal-twin »

i took your advice and had a look at the battery connections and all other connectors i could get to without stripping stuff off. the positive terminal was really badly corroded! to the extent that half of the terminal is missing 8O any way cleaned it all up and refitted it. trip did not reset after 4 or 5 ignition cycles so fingers crossed and check it tomorrow on the way to work :D
Bike history: C50(fields only) kawasaki AE50, CB125twin, DT125lc, RD200, TS125x, AR80, TZR250, VFR400nc30, CBR600FSport, VTR1000f What next??