info needed on 250 bandit

General Biker Banter
tattoo

info needed on 250 bandit

Post by tattoo »

hiya everyone

my nephew is only 12mnth into his restricted licence and altho i'd love him to ride one of my vtr's sadly he can't yet so thort i'd get him a 250 bandit,trouble is i can't find any specs on it.i'm trying to find out what hp it is?...is it under 33hp? and if not which low cc bike does anyone suggest for a 18yr old novice rider to step upto,he's currantly rideing a 10reg lifan 125(cg copy)..

any info would be fantastic as i can't sit behind him any longer

andi
alec

Re: info needed on 250 bandit

Post by alec »

cant he ride up to 600cc restricted to 33bhp on a restricted ?
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

he can and i've told him i'll restrict my cbr for him but i think it's the size of it that he's scared of..didn't have this trouble with my daughters,,they jumped on whatever i had for them..my eldist now rides a vtr and the youngest rides a gsxr600...even they can't convince him to go to a 600 either.

hopefully we can change his mind but just incase we can't i've spotted a 250 bandit thats local so going to arrange a viewing for the weekend.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

why dont you drop firemonkey a pm - he's got a mint 250 hornet for sale.
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

if we can't change his mind i'll pm him at weekend....cheers benny.
bandsawman

Post by bandsawman »

Getting conflicting figures...

This site says 38 horses: http://www.motorbikes.be/en/Suzuki_GSF_ ... _1995.aspx

and this says 45: http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/ ... t%2090.htm

But it's 50kg lighter than a 600 bandit though!

So, if both were to be restricted to 33bhp, surely the 250 would be quicker?
Going anywhere in a car is a journey, going anywhere on a bike is an adventure!
alec

Post by alec »

bandsawman wrote:Getting conflicting figures...

This site says 38 horses: http://www.motorbikes.be/en/Suzuki_GSF_ ... _1995.aspx

and this says 45: http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/ ... t%2090.htm

But it's 50kg lighter than a 600 bandit though!

So, if both were to be restricted to 33bhp, surely the 250 would be quicker?
i'd think the 250 would be quicker but once the restrictions off then the 600 will be, like kneewobblers said gotta be 600 or stick to a 125, and the cbr600 size wise isn't any bigger really than a 125 sports bike thats why i went back to a cbr600 after my heart attack last year to get my confidence back.
98% of all Harleys ever sold are still on the road. The other 2% made it home Image
bandsawman

Post by bandsawman »

Would I be right in thinking that 250 bandits are a lot cheaper to buy than cbr600s?
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

took my nephew out to a quiet road on my cbr600 today and let him try it out,end result is he loved it so much he says he'll wait until his restrictions finish on dec 8th to get a bigger bike...being the best uncle in the world i told him he can have mine...which produced the biggest smile i've ever seen.

also told him he'll now be learning how to service,change pads and generally look after it himself instead of paying someone else to do it for him...which wiped the smile off again lol.

thanks to all for your input.

andi.
bandsawman

Post by bandsawman »

tattoo wrote:took my nephew out to a quiet road on my cbr600 today and let him try it out,end result is he loved it so much he says he'll wait until his restrictions finish on dec 8th to get a bigger bike...being the best uncle in the world i told him he can have mine...which produced the biggest smile i've ever seen.

also told him he'll now be learning how to service,change pads and generally look after it himself instead of paying someone else to do it for him...which wiped the smile off again lol.

thanks to all for your input.

andi.
Whatta guy! I wish I'd had an uncle like you :D
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

tattoo wrote:..being the best uncle in the world i told him he can have mine...which produced the biggest smile i've ever seen.

also told him he'll now be learning how to service,change pads and generally look after it himself instead of paying someone else to do it for him

andi.
respect is due.
:Mexican Wave: :Mexican Wave: :Mexican Wave: :Mexican Wave:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
MJONESY

Post by MJONESY »

just a quick one having been ripped off myself by fi international to the tune of 200 notes for my restriction kit when i was still in restriction, you can buy a restriction kit from ebay and put that in as it is up to the police to prove you guilty of being over 33bhp its not upto you to prove its under. i found this out from a bike copper when i proudly produced my restriction certificate when i got pulled once (i only had the certificate on my gpz500 for some reason ;-) )
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

yeah i have heard that too mjonesy and have also heard tales of new riders getting pulled for a spotcheck and being asked for the restriction cert as the plods onboard computer tells them about what licence you got.

bandsawman. i have two daughters that ride and i helped them with their first,second and third bikes.i couldn't see my poor nephew struggle to buy his first big bike when i have one or two sitting around...infact he's been today and washed,waxed and polished the living daylights out of the very bike he's getting lol.