anti-nebel

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
elric

anti-nebel

Post by elric »

Yes I bet most of you are wondering WTF. It's the name of the product.
http://www.getgeared.co.uk/PROCYCLE_Anti_Fog_250ml

I brought some procycle anti fog spray and I can't seem to find a good way of applying it, I am guessing the writing on the back is the instructions but it's all in german (I think) and to make it worse this is where the bike shop stuck there big paper type sticker so i can only see half the stuff i can't read anyway.

I have tried two or 3 squirts which quite a lot, waiting for it too dry then buffing it off but it's clear and often I get patches where i have buffed too much and i have tried small amount continuously rubbing till it appears to all disapear, again similar results.

Any ideas?
It's only easy if you know the answer!
tinysmall

Re: anti-nebel

Post by tinysmall »

If you are not using a pinlock insert and foggy mask (100% no fog when you use the two combined) the best thing you can use by far is a bit of green fairy liquid. Apply a drop and rub it in. Should last a day or two before having to re apply and it's that visor friendly that it's Arai's recommended cleaning product :thumbup:
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

tinysmall wrote:If you are not using a pinlock insert and foggy mask (100% no fog when you use the two combined) the best thing you can use by far is a bit of green fairy liquid. Apply a drop and rub it in. Should last a day or two before having to re apply and it's that visor friendly that it's Arai's recommended cleaning product :thumbup:
What he said! Fairy liquid is something you have in the house therefore it works out cheaper than buying an aditional product. If you cant find it in the kitchen ask the wife but be prepared for..... :Ball Kick:
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

elric wrote:Yes I bet most of you are wondering WTF. It's the name of the product.
http://www.getgeared.co.uk/PROCYCLE_Anti_Fog_250ml

I brought some procycle anti fog spray and I can't seem to find a good way of applying it, I am guessing the writing on the back is the instructions but it's all in german (I think) and to make it worse this is where the bike shop stuck there big paper type sticker so i can only see half the stuff i can't read anyway.

I have tried two or 3 squirts which quite a lot, waiting for it too dry then buffing it off but it's clear and often I get patches where i have buffed too much and i have tried small amount continuously rubbing till it appears to all disapear, again similar results.

Any ideas?
Usage Instructions:
PROCYCLE Anti Fog Spray is a highly developed coating for visors and car wind screens.Give yourself the extra security of a clear view.

This cleaner is an essential ingredient to keep your helmet sweet. And it's simple and fast in its application: Spray onto the cleaned visor, allow to dry off a little and polish. That's it. Always use a soft microfibre cloth so not to scratch the visor surface. Do not use on Anti-Fog and SupraVision visors.

Safety Notices

Highly flammable. Can irritate eyes and skin.
First Aid: Avoid contact with eyes and skin. Wash skin with plenty of water and soap, and treat with hand creme to counteract the degreasing effect of the product. Soiled clothes to be removed and not worn again until thoroughly cleaned. If contact with the eyes occurs, rinse eyes under running water for several minutes. If taken internally, drink copious amounts of water and seek medical advice. If irritations persist, seek medical advice taking the product with you.

Chris.
elric

Post by elric »

:( It's not helping but thanks guys and thanks sirch345 for the detailed write up.

The problem is the way it comes out, not a nice gentle spray like an Eau de Toilette or a mister sheen polish, no it's more like it just shot it's load, splat and it's about the same viscosity as well, sorry could not think of another similarity to describe it.
Anyway now with a blob or two of this thick gunk I have to try and spread it evenly, can't use a trowel so it's fingers or cloth but both leave it looking exactly like you would expect, just like trying to get a nice finish on your bike with finger paints, theres always a bit with too much and always a bit that gets wiped away too much and it's always exactly in front of one of your eyes, yep just one and it's really off putting.
I tried with a little and continuosly rubbing till it all sort of disapeared and fuk me it did exactly that, trouble is you don't know the results until the next morning when you close your visor and then can't see F@ <|< all.

Yes I agree about the pinlock system, next crash hat is a cert to have it, the washing up liquid will be tried but I spent about a fiver on this pooh, so i wanted to do something with it. :crazy: Ideas?
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Elric, I like your description of the product :lol: Do you think you may have a duff tin of this stuff, as it seems you're on a no-winner from the start. I used to use Bob Heath Anti Fog before fitting a pin-lock system.

Chris.

PS. This bit suprised me:-
Do not use on Anti-Fog and SupraVision visors.
elric

Post by elric »

Yes sirch I guess it might be a naff bottle, gone off or something. I won't be buying it again thats for sure. Well at least the "you know what" has improved, leaving my visor a tad open was ok till "it" came down then the water ran down the inside so i could not give it a finger wipe whilst riding along, was not a great amount but anything distorting my view is like what FirestormMike said "really off putting".