Blue flame Deci killer

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
pstormer

Blue flame Deci killer

Post by pstormer »

Got stopped by the police on easter sunday :x for a bike safety campaign that they are running. He let me off with the small indicators and one off my 2 illegal exhausts and only gave me a fixed fine of £30 for the other illegal exhaust as he said it would be a bit harsh doing me for all 3 (how kind of him). I was only on the bike 15min when stopped so went home and put her away. Does anyone know if you can buy the new deci killer end caps from blue flame to fit to my NOT FOR ROAD USE cans. Any help would be appreciated as she sounds pants with the standard cans back on.
Cheers
Paul
Paul
tattie

Post by tattie »

I have written to blue Flame twice now regarding the same thing and have not recieved a reply yet ( 1year) So I took the opportunity to ask one of their reps at the Scottish show. He said all the cans they produce now are road legal (all oval ) with removable baffles and that they did not make any product to quieten "racing cans" down a bit. I suggested to him that there would be a market in re-packing and fitting a baffle to existing cans. But you can guess his response. ie buy a new set of our cans with removable baffles. I could have sworn I heard him laughing all the way to the bank.
Wolf racing and another can company do a baffle thingy. If I can find a web address I will post it asap.

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
twintin

wolf

Post by twintin »

Got a pair of the Wolf baffles myself cos the ART cans were a bit obvious shall we say, piece of p***s to fit and work a treat, not too quiet still sound deep but not loud enough to cause any immediate attention (until you cane the pants off it )
its not rust it's character
firestorm996

Re: Blue flame Deci killer

Post by firestorm996 »

pstormer wrote:Got stopped by the police on easter sunday :x for a bike safety campaign that they are running. He let me off with the small indicators and one off my 2 illegal exhausts and only gave me a fixed fine of £30 for the other illegal exhaust as he said it would be a bit harsh doing me for all 3 (how kind of him). I was only on the bike 15min when stopped so went home and put her away. Does anyone know if you can buy the new deci killer end caps from blue flame to fit to my NOT FOR ROAD USE cans. Any help would be appreciated as she sounds pants with the standard cans back on.
Cheers
Paul

The copper sounds like a right fiddler, to suggest that he could do you for both your exhausts as seperate 'offences' is just plain baldrocks. An exhaust system is an exhaust system in the eyes of the law, it doesn't matter whether you've got one silencer or twenty - they can only give you one ticket for it regardless as it comprises a single exhaust system. Maybe if you had two engines he might have a fighting chance :wink2

Btw what kind of indicators do you have? If they're just the usual motrax mini-indicators I'm not sure that he could do you for those either to be honest. There is a law regarding the distance between the indicators but as far as I'm aware NOT the size, positioning relative to any other part of the bike, wattage or flash rate. So again I think he was trying it on.
Firestorm996
'98 VTR in black - road whore - track bitch
SILVTR

Post by SILVTR »

I hope I don't jinx the Paddies now, but I don't think there's any law disallowing loud cans here. If there is, Irish police don't know or care, cos I've never heared of anyone being pulled, let alone done for loud cans.

Speed is about the only thing you'll be pulled for. And even then, you might be lucky. Or at least it used to be like that before they brought in penalty points.

A few years ago, riding my FJ12 on a motorway (Saturday 9:15am, no vehicles in line of sight ahead (couple of miles straight) and last car I overtook was at least a mile back), I noticed a garda car hiding in a shadow under a flyover. I started to slow, but by the time I passed them, I checked my speedo at 125mph.

They caught up with me as I took the next slip off the motorway (heading for work), and pulled me over. I knew they hadn't clocked me, so when one of the two asked me, I said 90mph. The other garda, while actually kicking my rear tyre, said "you were doing a lot more than that".

I had to produce, which I did a week later. A bloke in work asked me to get the garda's name, which I did. I was told to buy him a bottle of Jameson whiskey, which I did, and never heared another thing...
I wouldn't like to tempt fate again, though...

I've spotted quite a few guys with their tax disc holder bolted to the number plate, partially obscuring one or two letters or digits... When I asked, one guy said he'd "always" done that, and had never been done for it...
94 Corolla and a big goo for an R1150GS
RQ

Post by RQ »

Mark,

As you said, not meaning to jinx but my tax disk has "slipped" over the last two digits of my plate and has been like that for a year now, and I have been through countless checkpoints where they have looked at it and sent me on my merry way. As for loud cans, they don't even bother stopping me.
With the speeding, I have passed a few at 80's and 90's and they don't even flinch. 8) Seemingly there was an unofficial memo circulated regarding the chasing of bikers. They advised for safety reasons that all Gardai are to "Avoid a high speed motorcycle chase at all costs because of the danger to the rider and the other road users, and to use radio transmissions to alert another unit to do a static traffic stop"
As for the indicators, while looking at the driving test web site, they say that "IF FITTED, indicators must function.............." :roll:
RQ.
The Stig of 2 wheels as well as 4 !
pstormer

Post by pstormer »

Cheers all for replies :D
Tattie: Found one web site who do baffle thingies
http://WWW.wolfracing.co.uk and for £35 they do you a pair but state that they dont make you road legal
Twin tin: Did you fit them yourself if so will they fit in oval cans.
Firestorm 996: Everyone i`ve spoken to say the copper was talkin baldrocks and yes the indicators are the diamond shape motrax sets
Silvtr/RQ: Irland sounds cool. What the roads like and could we fit another booming vtr over there :lol:
Paul
SILVTR

Post by SILVTR »

Most roads are great now (thanks to EU funding, NOT Irish government using our road tax - those millions get spent on two-year long enquiries to prove how a previous politician embezzeled money from the people...), some are still a little iffy, but just look how well Joey and others learned how to ride on them - north and south!... The worst roads are between and around the smaller towns in the far west & southwest (sorry RQ, but you'd have to agree?), but the scenery there is cool. Best roads are northwest - Sligo/Donegal/Mayo, with genuinely awesome scenery. If you go, watch out for local 4-wheel boy racers - they are FAST and really know the roads. Credit where it's due - I've seen some who can really handle their cars.
94 Corolla and a big goo for an R1150GS
RQ

Post by RQ »

Oh I agree all right. Out my way you could be lost in a pot hole for up to two days before someone would find you !! Even our good roads are poor in comparison to UK and Europe. Just means that if you are speeding and they do chase you, find a pot hole, climb in, duck, and they won't see you if you don't move too much. :wink:
Unless it is a new by-pass, keep away from it ! The guy who passed me on Saturday on the Shannon airport road on a Kwakker doing 140 can vouch for the quality of that one ! You think you are getting away with murder ploughing along at 100+, and this geezer flies past. 8O
RQ.
The Stig of 2 wheels as well as 4 !
twintin

Post by twintin »

yep fitted em myself, they fit ART oval and probably any other as they go in the round bit of the can so no problemo. Only took about 30 secs to fit (but about 10 mins to get each can off) but as they don't come with any instructions you need to work out how they fit yourself, it's not difficult all you need is an allen key
cheers
mark
tattie

Post by tattie »

Did you find any difference in the performance of the bike after fitting the baffle's.
The reason that I ask is that after buying a pair of them last year I looked at the diameter of the holes in the 3 pipe cluster and thought it was of smaller area than the oe can exit hole (will this cause any adverse effect to the motor if the exhaust gasses are restrictedon the way out???)

Cheers

A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
twintin

Post by twintin »

no difference to performance as i can tell, wether or not it's doin any good to the engine i don't really know, somebody with a bit more technical knowledge might, sound good though :D
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

If there's no appreciable feel in proformance drop off probably not.
A quick easy check would be to do a couple of "plug chops" at different revs. That way you could check the mixture across the band (rough check anyway.) As long as the flow is'nt restricked too much you should be ok. If there is a slight restricktion it would run a litlte richer which is'nt as dangerous as running lean.
Pete.l
bunnybouy

Post by bunnybouy »

:( after reading these post i bought a pair of decibel killers,
the service was great ordered them in the morning and arrived next morning in the post.
i took off my stock pipes and fitted the decilbel killers to my micron,after repacking them.
they sounded nice not to loud but nice tone :lol:

but when i rode the bike into work this morning (which is about 11 miles)all was ok until i went to over take :x
it was horrible i hit 6000rpm expecting my normal surge and it never happened.
it felt like it was choking, which didnt surpise me much as it restricts the pipe massively, it reduces the 2 inch pipe to about 3/4 of a inch if that.

they do there job as in quiets the pipes down but above 5000rpm you lose loads of power.
soon as i get home there coming out.
what a was of 35pound :cry:

jay 8)

ps anyone want to buy a pair of decibel killers only done 22 miles
20pound +p&p (about a pound) :D
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Jay,

If you want to sell the decibel killers then I'll take em off you hands, drop me a PM with details.

Cheers

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."