saturday 11th june mass ride!

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

posted on another forum too, to get a good number out... there's a fair few up for a ride this weekend.
options so far are

Derbyshire, lots of twisties, few good stops including matlock & magic roundabout.

into wales taking in the scenery and thundering through the valleys scaring sheep and old ladies

north yorks, hawes and beyond

stick your name down if you fancy it - majority vote so far is for a run into wales.
will be avoiding the major routes though as they tend to be camped by plod at weekends & cba getting a ticket lol. :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
benny hedges

Re: saturday 11th june mass ride!

Post by benny hedges »

total bollox. has brumsford got a new job?

quote " the town’s Market Place is overrun with bikers and their machines on sunny days, who park inconsiderately and can be hostile to locals."

99% of bikers do not park inconsiderately, with 3-4 bikes taking the space of one car.
maybe one weekend we should all drive up there in our cars instead.
i personally do not really know any hostile riders, apart from when they are spoken to like sh1t usually from geriatric farts who think we all bite the heads off cats - and also think they deserve our grace & gratitude - for what i don't know.
they should be glad of the business we bring....

reminder to self - i must stop killing myself on country roads (on piles of horsepoo left by inconsiderate farmers, dodging blind octagenarian drivers taking up both lanes at 20mph, hordes of inconsiderate cyclists riding 3-4 abreast in their sweaty butt lycra shorts, and all the stick waving ramblers who have no business walking in the middle of the road.)
stupid fkin yokels. :Argue 1:

plod cant do a damn thing if we're not breaking any laws. :thumbup:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Already pm'ed you about this, elbow I'm up for it.

Personally I would prefer Derbyshire or north Yorkshire, but willing to go to Wales also. I've always found it rains too much over there and too many police though :-(
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Oh and my bro is wanting to come on his 636 if that's ok?
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

beltin. more the merrier :biggrin
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

who's coming then????? any more from here?

i know goody (vtr) was going to come but unfortunately has been called in work

there's a bunch of nutters from NWB as well.
plan so far is to meet up with kev, ads (sp2 ice cream van) stueo (er6n) minjer (zx6r track bike) and me (on Lurch)
at stockport pyramid b&q at 10.am - 10.30 J1 M60

then head out from there onto the a49 and head toward wrexham to meet up with the others bikenutter daz (blade) nutters dad (848) kev1382 (blade) oldracergit (996) and as many others as can make it.

then take the backroads toward ruthin, denbigh and betwsy coed taking in some awesome twisty roads, mostly newly surfaced.
i worked my bike so hard down there last time that the gear lever melted off lol (no sh1t!) ended up riding back in 2nd gear! :lol:

if you fancy it drop us a text or pm 07908 454 007 - it won't be a race like as some of the riders aren't that quick... but some will be off like sh1t off a shovel and i wont be far behind :roll: legally o/c

ziggy, the routes we take are off the major roads so i'd be very surprised if we see any heddlu - get yerself out m8 & bro as well :thumbup:
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Was a really good day out after a shaky start with the drizzle...But thankfully the sun came out eventually :-)

The roads out there are awesome, best I have been on in UK in terms of surface quality, twistyness and views.

Hope you got back ok Kev (cheekykev), did you find the guy on the Er6?
Hope the damage isn't too bad benny. Put up some pics when you get it home and sorted mate.

Put a downer on what otherwise was an awesome day.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

[quote="Miztaziggy"]
Hope the damage isn't too bad benny. Put up some pics when you get it home and sorted mate.
[quote]

????? more???????
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

I don't know yet...his chain snapped and has damaged clutch housing...when I spoke to him he thought it might need new bottom end :-(

He was gonna post pictures and let us know if it is going to be repairable. Hopefully it will be and he will be back on the road scaring old ladies soon.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

my fail :Ball Kick:
(thats not me btw, thats the dibna-esque recovery chap, who is an ex rider himself and ex storm owner)

fkin chain snapped as i pulled out of a roundabout

one of the side plates on the chain failed but looks to me like the rivet has been hanging by a thread for a while... couldve happened anytime tbh but thankfully didnt happen on a fast bit.

i thought it had just come out of gear until i pulled the clutch lever in and it went straight to the bar with no resistance, then looked down and saw the hugger in bits...

also a chunk out of the tail fairing and left can... but the shitter is the fixing lugs have braoke off the left crankcase, smashed to buggery where the sprocket cover and slave cyl goes on so unless i can ally weld it back together it's a new engine job or at least a new LH cranckase & rebuild.

can't really see the extent of the damage on the pic - i'll have to strip it all tomorrow and see whats what

if anyone has a scrap engine with a good crankcase can you drop me a pm?

apart from this, superb day's riding on some awesome roads with a great bunch.
zig, i'll pm you a link to the vids once ive reviewed it - and tell your bro get that fkin tyre changed lol
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Looks like you were lucky you didn't get a chunk taken out of your ankle mate.

I don't have any spare parts, or know nearly as much about working on these bikes as you, but if you need a spare pair of hands stripping, doing stuff and putting back together, you got my number so give me a shout anytime.

I work in York so i can quite easily pick up any spare parts needed you can source over that way.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

tbh mate im trying to exaggerate the damage to the mrs to justify my new bike :biggrin
she said why does it keep breaking down??
i said cos its old now... i really need a new one :Argue:
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

benny hedges wrote:tbh mate im trying to exaggerate the damage to the mrs to justify my new bike :biggrin
she said why does it keep breaking down??
i said cos its old now... i really need a new one :Argue:
Be carefull Bunny she might just say the same about you :lol:

I have noticed lately I have to keep picking your helmet gloves and keys up from where ever you chose to leave them :confused :think:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
Twinpotter

Post by Twinpotter »

Sorry to read about yer chain snapping Benny. :thumbdown:
Glad yer not hurt. Hope you get sorted plus a nice chunky chain on it soon :thumbup:
Starts with a R. Rrrrrrrr. Motorbike!
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

cheekykev wrote:
I have noticed lately I have to keep picking your helmet gloves and keys up from where ever you chose to leave them :confused :think:
it's ok grandad, i'll put a big sticker on yours with your name on so you don't keep getting them mixed up with mine :lol:

have to strip the sodding thing down in a bit to assess the damage... if it's engine out then it will more or less be off the road for the rest of the year as the only time ive got to work on it is weekends.
the only reason i didnt powder coat the frame last winter was cos i cba taking the engine out, so if it's coming out it's a complete strip, frame, swing arm, subframe, hangers etc going for powder coating, engine rebuilt with hc pistons and new bearings.
dont see the point in fixing it if im not going to end up with a better bike at the end of it :thumbdown:

been shopping around a bit lately though so might just end up cutting my losses and get a new bike. dont see the point in having 3 nackered old bikes that i cant ride. i'd rather just have one good one.