New users with 0 posts...

General Biker Banter
Miztaziggy

New users with 0 posts...

Post by Miztaziggy »

How many users are there that have registered recently or within last 6 months say, and have never posted, despite logging on to the forum fairly regularly?
Kev L

Re: New users with 0 posts...

Post by Kev L »

I had a look through the members list using number of posts as a search criteria. There are 23 pages worth of members who have joined since records began and have zero posts!
They probably come on here to view the discussions on fashion!! Jackets, shoes, under crackers and socks now.
:twisted:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

you will always get lurkers....
though a vast majority of users in the member's list are spammers who have regd but never validated.
try googling a few of the unvalidated user names.... you will probably find them on spam blacklists :roll:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Keeragh

Post by Keeragh »

Well I've joined I'n the last 24hrs . For the first time I'n any of the owners clubs I'm in I'm " Postin Somethin ". Possibly like a lot of others u guest or join to find the answer to a problem your havin , then periodically drop in . Bet ya good few those members ain't owners no more . Anyway hello to everybody . Excuse the basic txt but usin phone . Cheers .
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

benny hedges wrote:though a vast majority of users in the member's list are spammers who have regd but never validated.
err, no they're not. We may appear to sit around doing nothing but when someone signs up we do run their names, ip addresses and e-mail through a series of checks to see if they show up on any lists before their account gets activated. As far as I can remember only 1 spammer has slipped through the net in the last 2 years. Mind you, we did let you in so the checks aren’t infallible :wink:
Rich.

Uriah Heep

Post by Uriah Heep »

Guilty here...

In my defence I was waiting until I'd got some pics to upload (I've now got the them on my phone, just need to get them onto the PC).

Got my Storm about a month ago, having previously been hurtling around on a TL1000S. Traveled from Aberdeen to Inverness yesterday (family visit) and had a great trip there going up over The Lecht (where, once over the top, a sign soberly suggests you should keep in low gear). Returned via the A96, which in a car is a complete pain in the ar$e but a lot less so on the bike. Around 2 hours regardless of which way.

So Hi to everyone, and I will get those pics posted. I noticed from the members' location map there's a couple of members fairly close to me, but I wasn't able to add my own location. I'll keep at it - try different browsers and OS.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

well this thread has motivated the Scots to stop lurking.............proving once again what a good honest nation they are [ignore my location, I am scottish, just down here helping to improve the gene pool :D ].

Welcome to the 2 new names, now get over the the Welcome Inn and formally introduce yourself and get some info / photos of your bikes up. :thumbup:
AMcQ
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Nothing wrong with a bit of lurch- us scots are just miserable cause its so blooming miserable up here weather wise! So much of summer! Saying that its a small trade off for the best roads. was up the “slug“ 2weeks ago via cairn o‘mount if yah ken whir that is!
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

AMCQ46 wrote: [ignore my location, I am scottish, just down here helping to improve the gene pool :D ].
in scotland :lol:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

benny hedges wrote:
AMCQ46 wrote: [ignore my location, I am scottish, just down here helping to improve the gene pool :D ].
in scotland :lol:
:clap: not bad reply, but it took you 2 days :D
AMcQ
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

well you know how it is m8..... have to be carefull what i post or i get banned again, so, very sneakily, i waited until there was nobody else online then i posted it. Ha.