the best firestorm front end i've ever seen.

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
agentpineapple

the best firestorm front end i've ever seen.

Post by agentpineapple »

from the superhawk forum.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tinysmall

Re: the best firestorm front end i've ever seen.

Post by tinysmall »

Wow. That's very subtle but beautiful.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!
Griff1977

Post by Griff1977 »

Agreed. Only improvement I'd make is yellow! :)
KriegerCCTs,HEL oil lines,+4 advancer,+1/-1 sprockets,6mm spacer,CBR1k Sidestand,'07 R1 R/R,HyperPro springs F&R,Pipe Werx SL Carbons,Oxford sports hot grips,Mori style belly
Immediate plans:Clean it!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the fella said he had a custom screen made, you can buy a sharkskinz top fairing which loses the small light, but the screens the bugger, and those mirrors look great. as i said the best front end i've seen.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
mad4it028

Post by mad4it028 »

i just gave some mirrors away same as them trust me there gash
as for the rest its so subtle i cant see the mods but im fightering mine so cant compair
bikes bought dead or alive crash damged , none runners , abandond projects
simo

Post by simo »

You aint seen mine then Marty lol. That guy must have though coz he's copyed me by putting mesh in the air ducts. :biggrin
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
simo

Post by simo »

On second viewing,Where's the parking light and separate panel?
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

hahaha its very clever what this guy has done, it looks pretty normal until you take a closer look, i'm thinking of doing mesh in the air intakes and maybe putting indicators in there aswell. i would like to know where he got his screen from tho? the other idea i was tinkering with would be to fill in the park light and either side of it to make a continous smooth line at the bottom of the screen, which would mean you could keep the original screen. get some pictures up of your bike simo....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Sharkskinz GRP one-piece upper fairing from USA

http://sharkskinz.com/shopexd.asp?id=1127

Though aussie shayne said he made the stock fairing one-piece presumably from fastening it all together and filling the joins, before respraying.

http://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/me ... post260320

http://ozfirestorm.proboards.com/index. ... hread=1913
simo wrote:On second viewing,Where's the parking light and separate panel?
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

bigspanishmarty wrote:i'm thinking of doing mesh in the air intakes and maybe putting indicators in there aswell.....
carefull with the cooling on that one m8 - them holes do have a purpose :think:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i noticed tattoo has put indi's in the air duct holes and it has effected his temps, i will be looking into maybe putting an air sccop underneath the headlight to provide extra cooling for the engine, cheers for the heads up tho buddy..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

bigspanishmarty wrote:i noticed tattoo has put indi's in the air duct holes and it has effected his temps, i will be looking into maybe putting an air sccop underneath the headlight to provide extra cooling for the engine, cheers for the heads up tho buddy..... :thumbup:
Can't do that very well because it would mask the oil cooler....
So consider moving the oil cooler down to just above the oil filter, then you could fit a scoop to duct air into the area just in front of the air intake snorkel, and seal up the triangular area behind the headstock to give you some ram air...

But you might just as well fit a scoop with a sideways exit, aiming the air onto the rads....

Nothing's ever easy, is it?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

marty......the temp gauge was just under half way even in this cold weather so i took them out

i have however picked up 4 broken fairing panels today to experiment with...i'm thinking of doubling the airducts up so the inners stay open for air and the outers will have indi's inside....
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

tattoo wrote:marty......the temp gauge was just under half way even in this cold weather so i took them out

i have however picked up 4 broken fairing panels today to experiment with...i'm thinking of doubling the airducts up so the inners stay open for air and the outers will have indi's inside....
keep me posted buddy, i'm going to try and use the ducati 999 headlight on my storm, so i might try the same style of indis as you have done but tinker with the fairing to add some new air vents, it will give me something to do over winter, if you wanna sell the punto indis let me know and i'll have them off you, only if your not gonna use them tho mate....... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:from the superhawk forum.
if memory serves me correct its actually from Australia this bike on an oz firestorm forum, might have a link to it / the guy some where

I asked him about the indicators trying to get help as I wanted his mirrors but he wasn't very forthcoming

http://ozfirestorm.proboards.com/index. ... hread=1913

Check that link out lots of pics and can ask the guy stuff if you want info.