Proflex rear shock

General Biker Banter
Steve6088

Proflex rear shock

Post by Steve6088 »

I've just bought a proflex rear shock off an anniversary edition bike for £55. A bit of a bargain I think. Have to see what condition it is in first.

Would it be worth getting this type of shock resprung for my weight? or are these more adjustable than the stock shocks?
lloydie

Proflex rear shock

Post by lloydie »

Have it serviced and re sprung you be looking at about £200 to have it done

Sorry officer
The voices made me do it
agentpineapple

Re: Proflex rear shock

Post by agentpineapple »

was it off the the fella on ebay? he's stripping a 50th anni, if it was then the little bugger offered it to me for £45 but never came back with pictures grrrrr.
oh well my lose is your gain.... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Bargain even if you have to get it resprung...£80 for a respring is what I paid,

but do you know if he changed the standard spring as it should have been set up for the average man when it was built by Honda.......well a lot better set up than the stock crap.
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

yeah but whats hondas idea of a average man?
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:yeah but whats hondas idea of a average man?
True, but I think the anniversary bikes were specced by some one who knew what they were doing :lol: Think it was Russell Savoury, but can't be sure
AMcQ
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

I don't know if it was the original spring. Should have asked. I'll probably get a hyperpro spring put on it.
bigspanishmarty wrote:was it off the the fella on ebay? he's stripping a 50th anni, if it was then the little bugger offered it to me for £45 but never came back with pictures grrrrr.
oh well my lose is your gain.... :lol:
It was. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 544wt_1396

I'm very sorry BSM. Coming to think about it, I remember you posting about a shock a couple of weeks ago. sorry. Why did I get charged £10 more though!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

yup thats the little bugger, hmmm

Dear bigspanishmarty,

Hi Martin, The rear shock works well(damping rebound etc), I am about to remove the shock (prob wed eve), I can take pics and send to you if it helps. Providing it is in good condition I would want £45.00. If you want some pics drop me your email address.
regards
Mark

- emiime1981

you can't win them all....... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Steve6088

Post by Steve6088 »

I think it is a given. If it's on ebay you've got your eye on it! :lol:

I am still a bit suspicious for the price. Will only be happy when I see it.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

hahaha that sounds so bad. at least it went to another forum member mate. even if it costs £250 to buy/service it's a bargain because a shock like that would be worth well over £500 to buy new............ :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Here's an old thread on proflex shock for the storm with some tips and tidbits.

http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=795
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

never heard of them myself, but i did see a video once titled 'rear prolapse' - looked a bit uncomfortable :think:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the seller just got back to me saying the shock was in to bad a condition to sell so he chucked it away, not such an honest bloke then, he ain't even got the balls to say he's sold it to someone else and made an extra tenner, he doesn't know what i know, i might start messing with him just for fun of it..... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Tell him they're extremely rare & a collectors item and worth hundreds of pounds! (make sure he's posted it first to Steve)
bigspanishmarty wrote:the seller just got back to me saying the shock was in to bad a condition to sell so he chucked it away, not such an honest bloke then, he ain't even got the balls to say he's sold it to someone else and made an extra tenner, he doesn't know what i know, i might start messing with him just for fun of it..... :lol:
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

Wicky wrote:Tell him they're extremely rare & a collectors item and worth hundreds of pounds! (make sure he's posted it first to Steve)
bigspanishmarty wrote:the seller just got back to me saying the shock was in to bad a condition to sell so he chucked it away, not such an honest bloke then, he ain't even got the balls to say he's sold it to someone else and made an extra tenner, he doesn't know what i know, i might start messing with him just for fun of it..... :lol:
hahaha
thats exactly what i was thinking, i have to say it seems honesty is a dying trait these days. i'm glad to be going home to spain for xmas, i need to get away from the uk for a bit it's doing my head in... :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!