FIRST BIKE

General Bike chat
tony.wilde1

FIRST BIKE

Post by tony.wilde1 »

i think us old buggers should tell everyone what our first ever bike/moped was...could be a laugh..right..mine was a bright orange puch m2..c/w pedals that just hanged down. :lol: it cost 35quid in 1976.and the insurance for a year was 25quid.i expect theres some others that would like to share there first bike secrets.i even have a pic of it 8O .so come on you not so youngies.how about posting a pic of you and your first mopeds/bikes on funnies.cheers
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

I had puch (if that how ya spell it) when I was 12, then a C90 before I was 13, then an Mz125 when was 13 and ended up riding a 750 kettle thingie (old triple inline 2 stroke) around the woods at 14. Had a Cr500 for a while too. Was a sad day when I was 16 as had to ride an Er50 around the roads. But you know me, within a week is was a 70cc, with a racing piston, skimmed head, dellorto carb, twas well quick.

Del.
tony.wilde1

old pics

Post by tony.wilde1 »

but del are you going to post a pic of you on one of them in funnies.i hope no one recognises me!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
grinner

Post by grinner »

Hey Toni,
My first bike was a honda camino I picked up for free!
Stripped it and painted it, good for 45 mph on road or off!
Might try to scan in a piccy for a laugh.
Can't even remember what happened to it.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

My first bike was a Raliegh Chopper. Does that count?
Rich.

iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Puch Grand Prix in the black and gold with disk brake!!

Spent more time pushing it home than I did riding it, when it did go it went like the clappers, used to waste my mates on fissies and ap 50's :lol:

Great days...............not!!

Ian
Last edited by iggy1966 on Thu May 27, 2004 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
RQ

Post by RQ »

The Storm............... :twisted: Heh heh
RQ.
The Stig of 2 wheels as well as 4 !
MDJ

Bike?

Post by MDJ »

MZ ETZ 250 and I hated every moment of it, 6 months later I was having a Yamma Gamma built, rd350 ypvs motor tuned by stan and placed in a lightened and braced rg 250 chassis by Performoto. Best 1500 miles I'd had. Yes it blew up and is still in boxes somewhere in west london..
I got knocked down, but i'll get up again and you'll never ever keep me down!
grinner

Post by grinner »

Sucksess!!
Got the pic in funnies at last.
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Hey Tony, did you steal that helmet out of your mum's kitchen cupboard?
Rich.

LEEHUN

Post by LEEHUN »

I started off with a RD50 air cooled then a DT125 before a RD350LC i must of liked Yamaha back then 10 year stop gap until i bought the storm.

Regards, Lee 8) :lol: :lol:
tony.wilde1

helmet

Post by tony.wilde1 »

oh dear...it was a stadium6 jet stlye helmet.my butt cheeks still go together when i see the pic.. :oops: :oops: :oops: ..oh well!!im sure we all wore them in them days!! :lol:
cupasoop
Site Admin

Post by cupasoop »

Have to admit to having a 250LC as my first bike. The rev counter didnt work for the first 6 months i had it so I just changed gear when it sounded like it had had enough. Got a new counter and discovered that i had been changing up way, way before the red line. Oh the fun I had that weekend.
Rich.

Pipstorm

Post by Pipstorm »

Well, a C90 followed by a CB125s (the "s" was important! it was the 70's) followed by a Suzi GT185, then an XL125, passed my test hopped onto a CBX550 quickly followed by a CBX1000 whaooo, very fast for it's time, in a straight line, grounded everywhere else but I loved it.

Then had a 20 year break then onto the 'Storm, oops that must make me a "born again" = "high risk" . Life insurance Co was worried enough when I told them my other sport is paragliding :lol:

Still the 'Storm is best bike I've ever owned, though it might have something to do with 25 years development in engines, tyres, brakes etc.............

Phil
xrcol

Post by xrcol »

Learned to ride on my mates TS50 then bought myself a.........................
Yamaha YZ465.That was when I was 15, that thing would prolly still scare the sh1t out of me even now :)

Col :)