Polished wheels

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
RQ

Polished wheels

Post by RQ »

Just stuck a shot of a polished wheel in Misc section. Not mine, any thoughts?
RQ.
The Stig of 2 wheels as well as 4 !
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Must admit they look great, but can't help thinking that they would be a nightmare to keep polished, I think I prefer the polished rim idea for practicality.

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
RQ

Post by RQ »

I agree, I think that shot was from the US somewhere. With all the bloody rain we get, you'd spend months polishing!!
"where you off love"
"out to polish my rims"
"You have been spinning me that line for months now, anyway, when did you start calling it your rim?" 8O
RQ.
The Stig of 2 wheels as well as 4 !
ex-viffer

Post by ex-viffer »

Must admit they look great, but can't help thinking that they would be a nightmare to keep polished, I think I prefer the polished rim idea for practicality.
Yeah, you'd think that.
However, on my VFR, which had white-painted wheels, they were chipped from tyre changes, and were a real bastid for showing all the road grime, so I stripped and polished them. The grime actually stuck less to the polished bits, and they were easier to keep clean as a result - just a quick spray with rim cleaner, then hose off.

The FahrtSturm has black rims though, and they don't show the dirt as much, so I don't worry about them too much, and have no intentions of going the polished route. Yet.
If they get much more chipped, I may reconsider this.
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.