Refreshment

General Biker Banter
Kev L

Refreshment

Post by Kev L »

Been out and consumed a couple tonight and finishing off the evening with a drop of malt, when I got to thinking about the benefits of loads of chaps scattered all over this (and other) green and pleasant lands. What local brews are recommended by you chaps?
Tonights main course consisted of a couple of pints of Breakspear bitter, although Hobgoblin or Old Speckled Hen are my normal weapons of choice. To follow, Talisker has performed admirably tonight, although Lagavulin would be my favourite tipple. Islay best, Speyside followed at a push by a Highland whisky.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
agentpineapple

Re: Refreshment

Post by agentpineapple »

i used to drink bergmiester german lager, i loved it, but they don't sell it anymore where i live in spain :cry:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Where to begin

Snap on Speckled Hen - then another winter fave of mine is Nethergate Old Growler (5% A complex, satisfying porter, smooth and distinctive. Roast malt and fruit feature in the palate. The finish is powerfully hoppy with a hint of liquorice. )

My local and cricket club base is a CAMRA Real Ale pub (so good we named our club Real Oddies CC) which always has a marvellous variety of real ale and whiskies.

http://www.colchestercamra.org.uk/pubs/COL/10847
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I'm sorry I was discussing proper man drink not little boy refreshment. What's the matter lager boy frightened you might taste some flavour!!!
Brown beer for the gentleman, fruit based beverage or wine for the ladies and German originating lager for the gentleman in the leiderhosen in the corner with the other strangely dressed individuals.
By the way BSM I may have found somewhere in this country selling Ti bolts at a reasonable price, but needs a phonecall on Monday.
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Wicky wrote:Where to begin

Snap on Speckled Hen - then another winter fave of mine is Nethergate Old Growler (5% A complex, satisfying porter, smooth and distinctive. Roast malt and fruit feature in the palate. The finish is powerfully hoppy with a hint of liquorice. )

My local and cricket club base is a CAMRA Real Ale pub (so good we named our club Real Oddies CC) which always has a marvellous variety of real ale and whiskies.

http://www.colchestercamra.org.uk/pubs/COL/10847
How can anyone resist a little Old Growler? Will this be amongst the refreshment offered in April? :beer:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Many a time I've gone in a for quickie on the bike and had to get a taxi home! (plan on doing that next week as it's the pub's 23rd Anniversary with half-price drinks :beer: ). I can add it on the itinerary for the ride out but "kids and sweet shops" springs to mind :evil:

Mighty Oak is another local staple beer - esp good blondes for summer post match rehydration http://www.mightyoakbrewing.co.uk/ who needs lager...
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Wicky wrote:Many a time I've gone in a for quickie on the bike and had to get a taxi home! (plan on doing that next week as it's the pub's 23rd Anniversary with half-price drinks :beer: ). I can add it on the itinerary for the ride out but "kids and sweet shops" springs to mind :evil:

Mighty Oak is another local staple beer - esp good blondes for summer post match rehydration http://www.mightyoakbrewing.co.uk/ who needs lager...
The more I read the more I like, although I would draw the line at asking for a pint of Oscar Wilde!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

By the way BSM I may have found somewhere in this country selling Ti bolts at a reasonable price, but needs a phonecall on Monday.

firstly to my defence, when its 90+ degrees and you need quick refreshment nothing beats a bergmiester and to seal the deal its about 25p a can(if you buy a tray of 24 that is) and believe me when i say 24 doesn't last that long :lol:
keep me posted about the ti's, i wanna do the front and rear brake calipers and discs, plus some fairing fastners.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

earl soham victoria ale. very nice. if im going silly i like whiskey chasers with bitter but it gives me indigestion :confused
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Fransizkaner Hefe Weissbier....Many trips to the Ring and Blackforest have converted me. AND they now sell it in Tesco's !!
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

guinness + vodka = fall over...... job done! :D
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

marravtr wrote:guinness + vodka = fall over...... job done! :D
You are a classy dude and no mistake Sir.
:beer:
lloydie

Refreshment

Post by lloydie »

I do like a bottle of Jd every now and then no mixer just neat
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

I'VE been for a quickie on the bike as well :Behind 2:

Luckily it had a center stand so it didn't fall over :lol: :lol: :lol:
lloydie

Refreshment

Post by lloydie »