Hard Sound When on 1st Gear

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Chipset

Hard Sound When on 1st Gear

Post by Chipset »

Friends,

I have a problem here where I am experiencing this sometimes when I put the first gear where I can hear loud sound. I am wondering if this is caused by worn sprocket.
Any idea if this is normal or i need to change my sprocket?

One more thing is when i am on front brake, i feel like my bike is not stable because its leaning towards left when i pull the brake. Do I need to change my fork oil?

Your comments will be very helpful for me.
ex-viffer

Post by ex-viffer »

Most if not all Hondas make a loud clonk when selecting first gear. Don't worry about it. Anyway, if it was louder or clonkier than normal, it would be the clutch you needed to check, not the sprocket.

If the bike leans to the left when you're braking, then it's either your technique, or something is crooked somewhere. I can't see that it would be to do with the fork oil.
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.
Stormin Ben

Post by Stormin Ben »

Clonking: The only thing you can do is wear some earplugs and put some padding on the top of your left foot!!

Going to the left: Do you mean leaning of steering to the left?
Could be you wheel alignment is out (don't use the marks on the swing-arm, they're notoriously unreliable. Get a bit of string or a straight edge)

Ben
ktd001

Bang & lean

Post by ktd001 »

Ditto on the clonking. Love the solid gearbox but it's been know to scare the sh*t out of people when I put it in first when I'm filtering!
Had the same problem with the bike pulling when braking but it was down to one of the pads not retracting fully and getting a higher level of muck building up under it. Got someone to strip & clean them, and change the pads (I'm a complete muppet when it comes to doing mechanical stuff) and they work fine now
I ride way too fast to worry about cholesterol.
SuperWheelie996

yep

Post by SuperWheelie996 »

Diddo!
Jason Terry
MDJ

Post by MDJ »

Pulling to the left? Is the front tire unevenly worn, might affect it. As for the hard sound waddoya expect wombles Ard bike mate.... :wink:
I got knocked down, but i'll get up again and you'll never ever keep me down!
marcus

Brake pull

Post by marcus »

YOUR BRAKE PULL COULD BE DOWN TO EITHER AIR IN EITHER OF THE BRAKE CALIPERS OR MAYBE A WORN FORK SPRING/OIL I/E ONE LEG WEAKER THAN THE OTHER!! 8)
Ride it like you stole it!!