Petrol

General Bike chat
oldbikeman

Petrol

Post by oldbikeman »

£1.50 a liter ,what a load of greedy twats.
turbo_billy

Re: Petrol

Post by turbo_billy »

Short, sweet and to the point :thumbup: Totally agree.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

oldbikeman wrote:£1.50 a liter ,what a load of greedy twats.
you fill up at a motorway services? that's the price @ the one near me for unleaded
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Its 1.37 in Purfleet.

How the C*** Osbourne can come out with a smiling face, after robbing the drivers and pensioners and loading the rich and middle classes with money is beyond me, he needs a kick in the face.
chric

Post by chric »

Try putting nearly a thousand pound in your van a month :( :cry: :cry:
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
denisblackvtr

Post by denisblackvtr »

I have to say i feel sorry for the likes of shell who are ONLY making 52 million pounds a day PROFIT. Makes you wonder how much the goverment is making. My heart bleeds purple pi$$ for them. Bunch of greedy money grabbing c%&ts that they all are. :sick: :sick:
GAS GRASS OR ASS NOBODY RIDES FREE
oldbikeman

Post by oldbikeman »

It comes out of the ground free, then after a little effort rationed out by gangsters.We should cut their throats and be rid of them.Politicians should only get minimum wage if they are so caring about us.And constantly wired to a lie detector to shut them up.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

chric wrote:Try putting nearly a thousand pound in your van a month :( :cry: :cry:

as a cabbie i do at least £30 on a working day, and drive a taxi that at best returns 22mpg. there is no justifacation as to why we should be paying so much tax, if there is another fuel protest i will be there to support it. i bet every politician claims fuel expenses back tho!!!!!!!!!!!!! robbing c##ts :x
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

chric wrote:Try putting nearly a thousand pound in your van a month :( :cry: :cry:
4 years ago it cost me £80 to fill up my Transporter, now it's over £120 over £40 more. Thanks to the public sector 3 years pay freeze in the fire service my take home pay has not ever gone up £40 per month. :Argue 1:
I can't affortd to fill it up any more! 8O
denisblackvtr

Post by denisblackvtr »

bigspanishmarty wrote:

as a cabbie i do at least £30 on a working day, and drive a taxi that at best returns 22mpg. there is no justifacation as to why we should be paying so much tax, if there is another fuel protest i will be there to support it. i bet every politician claims fuel expenses back tho!!!!!!!!!!!!! robbing c##ts :x
I know what you mean BSM, i'm a cabbie aswell so with the fuel increase and my insurance almost doubling in the last 2 years it wont be long before i cant afford to work. The problem is there are less people going out coz of the recession, and we cant pass the increase onto the customer and of course up here they'll let anybody have a license. Oh fcuk now i've depressed myself even more!!!!!! :? :(
pinkyfloyd

Post by pinkyfloyd »

Gets even worse. Mate on another forum has posted this:
Just had a knock at the door from the police, overnight several cars on my street have had the fuel tanks puncutred and the petrol drained.

Yep, mines on of them. The fuel light was on when I parked it up friday so there was no more than £10 of petrol in it.

So for the sake of a tenner they have caused massive damage to a car woth £50.
Its getting that bad people are resorting to stealing it like that. Sickening.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes, I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
History:....CZ125....RXS100.....Lifan LF125-14F.....Suzuki GSXR750
Current:...1999 VTR FIRESTORM!
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Just think in countries like Saudi Arabia you can fill your car up with the change in your pocket, well thats what one guy I know who lives there said.

I just can't get over the petrol prices, is isn't fair and it hit's the people who need it the most, people who rely on cars to ferry their family about, so the hit on hits their income which could be spent on kids clothes and food and people who earn a living from driving.

It just sickens me that people who work are getting squeezed and wrung dry, I understand that times a tough and we need to pay out the countries debt, but enough is enough, how can they expect the economy to pick up when people are finding it harder to buy things that are now a luxury which 6 years ago were taken for granted.

Its always the easy targets who get hit in every angle.

Since the government have come into force I have seen my pension ripped to shreds, my wages shrink and my spending power cut down to the bone, its hard to save let alone spend.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Problem is that petrol is something that's only been around 100 years and society has geared itself round it as it's all we've ever known , a bit llke the current Queen. As a petrolhead I wish it were cheaper, on a day-to-day basis and so like Image I could contemplate riding the bike around Britain (when for the same cost you could fly to Sri Lanka for 2 weeks inclusive!)

For health reasons and the cost of fuel I'm using the Storm less and less and cycling more - kind of like how I got around before I got a bike licence as a teen. Colchester has had foresight and built a network of cycle paths with a quick route 2 miles into town and the train station so instead of half-an-hour to work on the storm it takes just under an hour - no big deal.

Problem is the old corner shops have generally gone, town centres are turning into ghettos with out of town shopping and amenities built for car journeys - The answer? Things will just have to turn back to how things got done a century ago or we'll invade another oil rich country like Iran or Scotland to assure that we and the next generation can carry on enjoying the suck, squash, bang, blow and carb farting that we know and love.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17502973 Army training to deliver fuel in case of strike action.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Born free taxed till death :twisted: :thumbdown: civil war I say :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll:
Down with the tax ,keep our gates locked :silent:
Loud pipes save lives!
denisblackvtr

Post by denisblackvtr »

Vtrkidda wrote:Born free taxed till death :twisted: :thumbdown: civil war I say :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll:
Down with the tax ,keep our gates locked :silent:
Well said that man. :thumbup: :clap: