make sure you have a full tank of petrol

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

make sure you have a full tank of petrol

Post by agentpineapple »

i just heard the fuel tanker drivers have voted to strike, don't know when it will happen, but considering we only have 16/19 litres to play with :lol:
maybe a couple of jerry cans in the garden might be the way to go, although hoarding fuel is ilegal i believe... :(
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
firestorm1997

Re: make sure you have a full tank of petrol

Post by firestorm1997 »

well they have to give 7 days notice before they do strike so you will get plenty of warning.. but I would keep your tanks filled up just in case..

I do not agree with anyone going on strike in this day and age.. it's always Joe Public that suffers.. and most of it is greed.. some of these drivers earn £45.000 a year..
same as the tube drivers, they also get far to much for sitting on their asses.... :twisted:
Jester666

Post by Jester666 »

There will still be fuel about as the Army are going to be doing the deliveries.
Semper in faecibus sumus, sole profundum variat!
Silver 1998 'Storm! That keeps trying to kill me! And is leaving me soon! :(
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I always support strike action, if there was no strike action we would all be temporary workers on the minimum wage, unless you were a proffessional.

Good luck to them.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

bout time everyone went on strike imho, feckin robbin b@stard gov, costing me £74 to fill my cab up! with the cost of the insurance, plate, badge, medical, crb check and downturn in work as no-one's going out much i'll be out of work by the end of the year! :evil:

feckin rant feckin over!!!!!

:biggrin
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

firestorm1997 wrote: they also get far to much for sitting on their asses.... :twisted:
its a fact that in this country you get paid twice as much for working sat down than you do standing up.

it may sound daft but these days even someone earning 45k is on their butt and close to the breadline.
i earn £200 a week less than i did in my last job atm but my actual take home pay is near enough the same...
plus theyve just stitched us on tax credits :Ball Kick:
extra fuel duty coming in august - vat will be 25% by the end of the year mark my words :Beer Popcorn:

i will defo be stocking up on unleaded cos the roads will be empty lol :twisted:

any news when these strikes are planned?
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Keep us informed on the strike Ive got a van and I can easy get hold of a 1000ltr IBC container all chip in to fill it up :wave:

As benny said empty roads the police will be busy with people fighting at the petrol stations :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Loud pipes save lives!
seb421

Post by seb421 »

bigspanishmarty wrote:i just heard the fuel tanker drivers have voted to strike, don't know when it will happen, but considering we only have 16/19 litres to play with :lol:
maybe a couple of jerry cans in the garden might be the way to go, although hoarding fuel is ilegal i believe... :(
looks like people are panic buying I tried to get fuel at Shell in Leyland on a run out today and they had sold out!!!
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

marravtr wrote:bout time everyone went on strike imho, feckin robbin b@stard gov, costing me £74 to fill my cab up! with the cost of the insurance, plate, badge, medical, crb check and downturn in work as no-one's going out much i'll be out of work by the end of the year! :evil:

I know how you feel mate, we are all in the same boat, BUT..when you can't get fuel for your bike will you be sat at home saying "Good on you Boys" or like me getting the fecking hump caus I can't go out.
Easter weekend I am supposed to be driving down to me Dad's in France...fat chance of that with no fuel... :twisted: and I wish I got paid £45.000pa.
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

It cost me £116 to fill up today!
I think the fuel protests should start up again and join the tanker drivers.
The cost of me filling up has gone up by over £45 in four years.
My take home pay has not gone up £45 per month in 4 years
I read somewhere that shell earn £56 million profit per day. The government take 70% of each litre of fuel in tax
Enough is enough
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

firestorm1997 wrote:
marravtr wrote:bout time everyone went on strike imho, feckin robbin b@stard gov, costing me £74 to fill my cab up! with the cost of the insurance, plate, badge, medical, crb check and downturn in work as no-one's going out much i'll be out of work by the end of the year! :evil:

I know how you feel mate, we are all in the same boat, BUT..when you can't get fuel for your bike will you be sat at home saying "Good on you Boys" or like me getting the fecking hump caus I can't go out.
Easter weekend I am supposed to be driving down to me Dad's in France...fat chance of that with no fuel... :twisted: and I wish I got paid £45.000pa.
It's only natural to get the hump, but sadly the point of the strike is to cause pain to the company otherwise it would be pointless. When I watch the news I always get the hump with people moaning about train strikes, go moan at the company because your find these days no one wants to go on strike its usually the company not budging on negotiations. :twisted:

The problem we have nowadays is people NOT taking action against companies, and thats when you see working rights, wage being cut down and temporary staff being employed instead of full time staff.

At the end of the day, these are private companies with private staff taking industrial actions, these are also companies with HUGE turnover that can afford to pay its staff good money so its not a matter for the puble, but yes I agree I will have the hump if I have no petrol to go out and play with my bike, but at the same time I will be saying good luck, kick the greedy b8stard company in the balls.
marravtr

Post by marravtr »

firestorm1997 wrote:

I know how you feel mate, we are all in the same boat, BUT..when you can't get fuel for your bike will you be sat at home saying "Good on you Boys" or like me getting the fecking hump caus I can't go out.Easter weekend I am supposed to be driving down to me Dad's in France...fat chance of that with no fuel... :twisted: and I wish I got paid £45.000pa.
aye but like i said, its costing me a fortune these days to try and earn a living! if im priced out of the market i wont be going out on the bike full stop! :evil:
4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul...........
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i think it all depends on the reason for the strike, for example some of the tube strikes in the past have had stupid reasons for striking, where as the fire fighter strike a few years back was valid imho,
i agree with striking its the only way to speak up against bad employer practices, for example in this strike workers have been complaining about wages being cut if they don't get to a delivery within a certain time frame, which means they have to drive faster thus risking safety. its seems valid enough, that is unless the drivers are a lazy bunch of so and so's who sit around in laybys drinking tea :lol: which i doubt because its all on tachos.
i would love to see another fuel strike, you just can't justify a 3p a litre rise in tax. it's criminal, i would take time out of my working life to protest, i'd probably do it on the bike tho (more fun).
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

bigspanishmarty wrote:i think it all depends on the reason for the strike, for example some of the tube strikes in the past have had stupid reasons for striking, where as the fire fighter strike a few years back was valid imho,
i agree with striking its the only way to speak up against bad employer practices, for example in this strike workers have been complaining about wages being cut if they don't get to a delivery within a certain time frame, which means they have to drive faster thus risking safety. its seems valid enough, that is unless the drivers are a lazy bunch of so and so's who sit around in laybys drinking tea :lol: which i doubt because its all on tachos.
i would love to see another fuel strike, you just can't justify a 3p a litre rise in tax. it's criminal, i would take time out of my working life to protest, i'd probably do it on the bike tho (more fun).
I think in the past workers have been going out on stupid strikes, this doesnt have very often if at all these days.

When your on strike you cant earn money, its that simple.

We didnt go out on strike this pay agreement as it would have been a gift to the company, we get well screwed.
Seven Of Nine Firestorm

Post by Seven Of Nine Firestorm »

StormingHonda wrote:I always support strike action, if there was no strike action we would all be temporary workers on the minimum wage, unless you were a proffessional.

Good luck to them.
+1