Newer petrol tanks

General Bike chat
StormingHonda

Newer petrol tanks

Post by StormingHonda »

Just a quick question but will a new bigger tank fit the older Storms, mine and 02 bike but not the bigger tank model.

I wanna get one of the bay if one come up.
Wicky

Re: Newer petrol tanks

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

nice :thumbup:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

yes they will, i've bought one and its being sprayed as we speak. there is a thread on this forum that explains whats needed, and it sounds very easy to do, i won't be fitting mine until the end of next month tho. they are very hard to come by, you dont see many on ebay, chances are you would have to buy one with a little damage and get it repaired/painted to match your bike, i was lucky and bought mine for £60....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Thats what I was going to do, I want Honda Repsol paint work, so I was going to get a newer tank spray it and get that fairing from china so I can save the original fairing and stuff.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Let us know how you get on with the Chinese fairings. I was thinking along similar lines at one stage. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

cybercarl wrote:Let us know how you get on with the Chinese fairings. I was thinking along similar lines at one stage. :thumbup:

TBH I dont think they are going to be thick as the OEM fairing but they will do the job and look good, more track day fairing.

I think someone esle has got those chinesse fairings on here, you can also get castrol fairings from the same people.
seb421

Post by seb421 »

cybercarl wrote:Let us know how you get on with the Chinese fairings. I was thinking along similar lines at one stage. :thumbup:

The fairings from china are of good quality, I've had a few different fairing items cowls etc from china and they have put the UK stuff to shame

got a new lower fairing off Powerbronze last month in black and the quality of this new one compared to the one bought years ago is night and day,

The holes didn't even line up and it overlapped and required a fair bit of pissing about, expected better from a 'UK' company
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
seb421

Post by seb421 »

StormingHonda wrote: TBH I dont think they are going to be thick as the OEM fairing but they will do the job and look good, more track day fairing.

I think someone esle has got those chinesse fairings on here, you can also get castrol fairings from the same people.
They are thick, they are a lot better than I was expecting, they are just as thick as the OEM ones id say
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

seb421 wrote:

The fairings from china are of good quality, I've had a few different fairing items cowls etc from china and they have put the UK stuff to shame

got a new lower fairing off Powerbronze last month in black and the quality of this new one compared to the one bought years ago is night and day,

The holes didn't even line up and it overlapped and required a fair bit of pissing about, expected better from a 'UK' company
Nice to know, they are well priced as well, I've had stuff from M&P in the past from British companies and had murders getting them to fit.