Speed camera got me boohoo

General Biker Banter
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Just had a letter for the mr police man but it was in my very slow fiesta van,47 in a 30 the road is a 40 then drops to 30 they must have been waiting in a van , :( sly or what

Ive checked the road and there is no fixed camera its near newton le willows A572 newton road at the juction of golbourne dale rd :( BEWARE :x

Ive used that many of times on my bike hope no more are coming :wave:

Plus ive used my speeding awareness course up last year points and a £60 fine for me :(

But im asking for a photo and what camera got me as it dosnt say just asking for the driver :twisted: :) :lol:

Lesson learned must slow down :silent: :angel:
Loud pipes save lives!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

You bad boy lol
Hypocritical of me a little 3 points lol
Vtrkidda

Re: Speed camera got me boohoo

Post by Vtrkidda »

Im hoping for 3 :( :crazy:
Loud pipes save lives!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

sorry to hear it buddy, we've all done it, some of us get caught unfortunately.... :thumbdown:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

hard luck mate. worst one for me was getting done at 49 in a 50 in my works vivaro. apparently if the van is not derived from a car you knock 10mph off the speed limit?!.
they even enclosed a leaflet explaining this law with the summons as if to say "dont bother appealing" bar-stewards.
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
aces-high

Post by aces-high »

lumpyv wrote:hard luck mate. worst one for me was getting done at 49 in a 50 in my works vivaro. apparently if the van is not derived from a car you knock 10mph off the speed limit?!.
they even enclosed a leaflet explaining this law with the summons as if to say "dont bother appealing" bar-stewards.
In a van you only knock 10 mph off on nation speed limit zones, so on A roads the max speed is 50 when cars can do 60 and on dual carriage ways its 60 when cars can do 70 but if its a 50 zone it doesn't become 40 or a 40 doesn't become 30.
and still 70 on motorways.
Vtrkidda wrote:

Plus ive used my speeding awareness course up last year

That awareness course worked then :lol: :lol:

Hard luck , as others have said we all do it from time to time, just hoping my luck holds out. Went passed a camera van about 3 or 4 times the other week with a smug look on my face as a was only doing about 25 mph. On the same road a few days latter I noticed it was a 20 zone 8O
I know it doesn't make a difference but when I learned to drive/ride there wasn't any 20 zones and I was taught if you can't see a sign to assume it's a 30 zone.
so I now have an anxious wait for the postman.
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

Ye it did they ass holes :lol:

The van must of been in camo ,just been up there on the storm after work today ,there is no fixed camera but a big parking space where a nice camera van could hide ,it must of seen me far back and ive slowed down to late ,

Next time ill slow down :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :roll: in the van any way :clap: :Ball Kick:
Loud pipes save lives!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

when i was younger i got caught doing 80 in a 30(oneway street 3 lanes wide, just didn't want anyone to think it was outside a school), it wasn't big and it wasn't clever, i got away with a £300 fine and 6 points, thats the most points you can get for speeding, the next step is a ban, i was incredibly lucky, i went to court suited and booted, yes sir/no sir and i had a solicitor with me. it must have worked.
i sold my bike 2 weeks later (vfr800) it was only 18mths old aswell, it was to tempting and if i got caught again i would have lost my license for sure.
it all comes down to luck really.......
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

[quote="aces-high"]

In a van you only knock 10 mph off on nation speed limit zones, so on A roads the max speed is 50 when cars can do 60 and on dual carriage ways its 60 when cars can do 70 but if its a 50 zone it doesn't become 40 or a 40 doesn't become 30.
and still 70 on motorways.

i remember it being quite complicated , reading all the blurb they sent and thinking they wer,nt going to change their mind so i sent the money :(
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

Vtrkidda wrote:Just had a letter for the mr police man but it was in my very slow fiesta van,47 in a 30 the road is a 40
But im asking for a photo and what camera got me as it dosnt say just asking for the driver :twisted: :) :lol:
there will be a unique number on the NIP and a link to a website,
if you look at the website using that unique number as the reference, you can view the offence, cal certs, position of camera, statements etc....

just be aware that if you look at it, you cant later say you weren't the one driving.
3 pointer that tbh.... but might be more than £60 fine if its not a fixed penalty.

you could alsways do what i did and plead that you need a clean license for work.... i told them i cant have more than 6 points or i have to have my own insurance which i cant afford....
then ask for a discretionary suspension of a week - 14 days....no points, just a short holiday.

my licence is down to 3 points in a few weeks thanks to this - otherwise i'd still be on 12. :Ball Kick:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.