Double bubbles

General Bike chat
dm1663

Double bubbles

Post by dm1663 »

I've just rode back through France, covering 720 miles in a day.

Apart from a numb butt, the only problem I had was neck ache. I was cruising (hanging on) at about 90-100mph most of the way.

My question is, do Double Bubble screens work, and what make fits best. Any advice would be greatfully recieved, Those MRA ones look good.

Thanks DM
EggShellBlond

Post by EggShellBlond »

I asked a similar question last year , and got pointed towards a PowerBronze version . Not really a DB ( have a look in MiniMoto's Gallery ) works great , can go flat out upright , which really winds up yer mates with chin on the tank :wink:

Got to be honest and say it's not the best "fit" I've ever seen , ( a bit gappy in car repair terms )

I think for the extra £25 , get the best you can
If a job's worth doing..........It's worth paying someone to do it properly
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

Bought a DB MRA last year tinted black to go with the black bike, looks good but find a bit of instability in the handling at high speeds, might have been worn tyres though. Seems to have offered better weather protection but actually prefer original screen.

PAUL.
it may be clever, but its not big.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The first change I did to the bike was put on a tinted DB and I've found it a huge improvement over the stock screen, excellent wind protection.
DD

Post by DD »

Although my screen isent a true d/b it does have a extra buldge in the center and a lip at the top edge the photo doesent show it very well but you can tell that it is higher than the std screen.
I couldent go back to a std as this screen makes touring so much better and I have had no handling probs.
It is a Eagle screen made in Perth I have a www somewere for them, if you want it.

ps: look for a blue vtr in the misc/gallary it is the same screen and there is a close up of it.

cheers Darryl
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

Personnaly I would recommend fitting a DB screen, when I got mine it made a huge difference to the comfort at high speeds, Mines a Novo screen and does fit quite well with only some minor gaps here and there.
The original screen is just to low and all the wind seems to hit you in the face.

Ian
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
essexbloke

Post by essexbloke »

Mines got a powerbronze db, (see show off section in gallery)

i agree with comments above on fit, is a bit lapse, but not too bad, i got mine with the bike, (prev owner never fitted)

was the first thing i did, (i'm 6'2"), made a huge difference, much more comfortable for long runs.....

well recommended
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I went for the flip up version.
Excelent protection from the rain (all year rider) and plenty of space to tuck in behind it on long motorway halls. Pic in the gallery of it somewhere with me having a bad hair day at Brands. Good fit and cheep from powerbronze i think

Pete.l
BP team

Post by BP team »

i have had double bubble screen on my bike (before breaking in an accident...) it was very good , as for me, for driving long time in high speed without beeing tired too quick...

You can easy find one at 50% shop price on ebay!!!

Oliv'
BP team

Post by BP team »

Excelent protection from the rain (all year rider)
totaly agree with it too!
SILVTR

Post by SILVTR »

Dark double bubble on mine since I got it, so don't know if it's better than std. Presume it must be. Never a prob with neck ache, no buffeting, even holds off a bit of rain...
94 Corolla and a big goo for an R1150GS
tintin69

Post by tintin69 »

airflow iridium screen on my beastie a lot better than original use to get a stiff neck with o e screen airblades the company cost about £70.00 inc p&p :lol:
louder the better by arrow
Trojan

Post by Trojan »

I think mine is powerbronze anall. There is a pic in Show off next to Essex blokes. I am 6'2 but I don't think it makes windblast disappear. It has just moved up from the chest to the neck. The main reason for getting it was I think it sets the bike off, makes it look so much better then a plain clear one. Still, must be good for a few more mph lying prostrate across the tank pinning it :twisted:
dm1663

Post by dm1663 »

Thanks for the advice.
I think I'll get one, probably look around for a dark tint one.
DM
Max

Post by Max »

Yeah, I shall get one as well, as no-one seems to have a bad word about them