Public

General Biker Banter
oldbikeman

Public

Post by oldbikeman »

Looking at motorists and modern life I should hope never again will humans be so thick.Amazes me how they all manage to drive on the same side of the road.And why is being thick so in ? Looking at job titles in the papers and such you would think what a brainy lot we are: 'Modular Interior Technician' (Cleaner) .How do people get by knowing nothing about how the stuff they use every day ? They must be constantly baffled and no wonder they have the most ridiculous accidents.Seeing folk hurt this way is very upsetting so I guess that is why the government is so heavy on health and safety and not to just be annoying.
lumpyv

Re: Public

Post by lumpyv »

i work for a big organization and whilst they dont want me off injured( cos i cant work for them) i think their biggest motivation is avoiding litigation and bad press.

i think most large companies these days are all about greed.
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Old bike man, I know where you are coming from on this, we are going to head to total extinction soon as people are loosing any form of common sense!

Some of the things that get reported in the papers These days show that perhaps the more we enforce Health & Safety the more we frustrate Darwins theory......it's supposed to be there to make sure the strong & the smart survive, and the weak & stupid get removed from the gene pool.

Now the smart are still using birthcontrol and we are paying the stupid to have children :(
AMcQ
seb421

Post by seb421 »

in UPS they don't want any accidents reported, they give cash incentives and 'prizes' to the hub's with no accidents, sure this is not allowed?

in our place I've seen broken fingers, smashed knee's, bust ankles from people falling between the gap between the trailer and the floor (6 foot drop) spinal injury's and all sorts of stuff, do we have one accident in the book, do we wombles.
ヨシムラ

MOT - 10/04/2015
TAX - 30/11/14
INSURANCE - MCE - Expires 12/04/2015 (Midnight)
ACCIDENT CALL - 0871 2227910
RAC - 0800 1977830 - 03_MCECAB90013033
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

lumpyv wrote:i work for a big organization and whilst they dont want me off injured( cos i cant work for them) i think their biggest motivation is avoiding litigation and bad press.

i think most large companies these days are all about greed.
You must work for the same company as me.... :D
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

maybe, there,s a lot of us!
when i started it was drummed into me "if anything happens make sure you put it into the accident book and let the union rep know".
recently a tw@ manager told me that that reporting an accident was the start of an investigation of how you had been negligent....
firestorm1997

Post by firestorm1997 »

lumpyv wrote:maybe, there,s a lot of us!
when i started it was drummed into me "if anything happens make sure you put it into the accident book and let the union rep know".
recently a tw@ manager told me that that reporting an accident was the start of an investigation of how you had been negligent....
That is something I am hearing very often where I am.
Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

You cant get on site now with out a cscs card then a safety induction and now there changing the cscs to something else 8O
They want you to do a gnvq level card that lasts one year for a trade person IE tiler, joiner what ever you are

Ive always just gone for a operatives card that lasts 5 years but from this week After the rules change I must have the card for my trade :lol:

and this will mean ill be a terazzo/ marble professional :lol: :lol: :lol:
Loud pipes save lives!
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

On a similar note, my boy had his theory test last Thurs, and coz have been off work due to industrial accident, finger caught in unguarded conveyor, i gave him a lift we were a bit early but went in and spoke to the officious
t-at behind the counter, the boy got his instructions and i got mine "you will be leaving sir, your not allowed to stay while he's here" i thought this was about cheating, but no,"were not insured for people to wait" :wtf: at this stage i had'nt even opened my mouth , didnt want to make it any harder for Jack so i walked around town for two hours, on my way out did notice a waiting room with closed on it, when your young you just bulldose your way through this sort of crap with, yeah mate what ever, but now am a bit older am thinking, where the f..k are we going as a nation, or even as individuals, lost in bullshit and beurocracy, i suppose if they pile it on then you dont think about the things that matter.

Rant over .....for now :silent:

Steve
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

dont apologise mate. i really do wonder where its all going to end. a big society with haves and have nots ?
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I had to do a training day today on Equality & Diversity which to be fair was very long winded and rather boring. Now I am well aware of the need to embrace all forms of diversity and celebrate all our differences whilst enabling everybody to achieve to the best of their own abilities. Yes I work in education and it just spills off my tongue!

Anyway one of the sections on the Equality Act 2010 (only taken 2 years to let people know about the changes) concerned hidden disabilities and part of the training programme stated "blindness can be a hidden disability. However should you notice someone with a cane, sunglasses or a dog you may suspect they are blind". The wording may not be 100% correct but the spirit is there. At this point I was pissing myself, thinking No sh1t Sherlock. Anyway moved on through the unit and still dealing with blindness the subject moved to offering assistance guiding the partially sighted or blind. They take hold of your arm and you vocally and physically guide them through the journey. Anyway the last part of the instructions stated " before moving off ensure you are both facing in the same direction"! WTF. At this point I was crying and had to leave.
This post isn't intended to offend anyone or belittle anyone with disabilities, but give me strength.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Kev L wrote:I had to do a training day today on Equality & Diversity which to be fair was very long winded and rather boring. Now I am well aware of the need to embrace all forms of diversity and celebrate all our differences whilst enabling everybody to achieve to the best of their own abilities. Yes I work in education and it just spills off my tongue!

Anyway one of the sections on the Equality Act 2010 (only taken 2 years to let people know about the changes) concerned hidden disabilities and part of the training programme stated "blindness can be a hidden disability. However should you notice someone with a cane, sunglasses or a dog you may suspect they are blind". The wording may not be 100% correct but the spirit is there. At this point I was pissing myself, thinking No sh1t Sherlock. Anyway moved on through the unit and still dealing with blindness the subject moved to offering assistance guiding the partially sighted or blind. They take hold of your arm and you vocally and physically guide them through the journey. Anyway the last part of the instructions stated " before moving off ensure you are both facing in the same direction"! WTF. At this point I was crying and had to leave.
This post isn't intended to offend anyone or belittle anyone with disabilities, but give me strength.
I think I have done the same course as you mate (I work in education also). I now feel that the white heterosexual atheist male is a marginalized minority group.
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Amen to that my friend.
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

"dealing with blindness the subject moved to offering assistance guiding the partially sighted or blind. They take hold of your arm and you vocally and physically guide them through the journey".

FFS dont forget to obtain consent first, you could end up in world of sh1t
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Oh my lord, yes. You've read through the same Sh*te then?