SuperHawk, Firestorm & VTR 1000 ??

General Bike chat
SuperWheelie996

SuperHawk, Firestorm & VTR 1000 ??

Post by SuperWheelie996 »

I know the vtr 1000 is all three, but Ive always wondered why there was three different names for the same bike, and are there any differences between the three, in the contruction or specs ??
Jason Terry
Fireman on a Storm

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

I think the difference is all in the stickers :o

Sorry but you need someone like Del to answer this sort of question, he seems to know all the different specs for different counties.

The differences will be more for what market the bike was made for, rather than what markings or stickers the bike has
BP team

Post by BP team »

as for me the diffrent name are just to dapt name to the market. it seem that hawk sounds better in US than firestorm or VTR1000.
In french VTR 1000 souds good (quicker to say VTR mille ("VTR meal" it's said). In English, VTR thausand, i don't feel it very good (but i'm not english...)
So it's just for exemple, but it may be a marketing need.

For the diffrence, i think, in spite of light warns... the main difference is that in several land the standard front sprocket is 15 or 17. But in every countries i thing all VTR are 100CV.
BP team

Post by BP team »

sorry, when i write CV it means horses in english... :wink:
O-Ring

Post by O-Ring »

I know there are only two type of vtr.....VTR1000 Firestorm and VTR1000 Superhawk...think the same bike!

Hi guys
BP team

Post by BP team »

I know there are only two type of vtr.....VTR1000 Firestorm and VTR1000 Superhawk...think the same bike!
you're are right too. but in france, the name of VTR is firestom too but we always call it VTR1000 seldom firestorm. But VTr sp1 are called SP1.

must be a culture question.

and as far as i'm concerning, i don't thinhk there are any motor differences bettween superkawks en firestorm
Oliv'
ex-viffer

Post by ex-viffer »

The VTR is called the "Superhawk" in the US because it follows the very successful Hawk (NT650, I think). In fact, the prototype VTR1000 was developed in the US, and looked quite a bit like the Hawk.
The only differences are mainly to stuff like emissions equipment, headlights, and whether the speedo is in km/h or mph.
The US also didn't get the 19litre tank of the newer model, and also had less choice in colours I think.
- Ian in EnZed
(Red 97 FireStorm with Dynojet kit, APE camchain tensioners, bafflectomy+ploogs, UniFilter, GenMar risers, Avon Azaros, 90/130W headlight, digital clock/voltmeter), Braided s/steel lines.
DD

Post by DD »

ex-viffer wrote:The US also didn't get the 19litre tank of the newer model, and also had less choice in colours I think.
Yeah, I did notice something like that there F3 (latest model) comes in gloss black only but with gold wheels which dont look too bad, and also there belly pan is still the old silver. By memory they still have all the old markings, wierd realy with the distance that thay could travel and still only a 16L tank.............. shezz yanks aye :wink:
cheers Darryl
thehazmatguy

Post by thehazmatguy »

DD wrote:
ex-viffer wrote:The US ... still only a 16L tank.............. shezz yanks aye :wink:
Yea.. I have to tell you that that little tank sucks here in the US. I have the Canadian Firestorm (same as UK spec I think) bodywork on my Superhawk. The bigger gas tank comes with a slight power loss, so I guess that is why the US model still has the old fuel tank. Honda shrank the airbox to enlarge the gas tank, at least that is what I read someplace. I think I would rather have the bigger fuel tank, the power loss was supposed to be super small.

Besides the gas tank size, the only thing that I know of that is different between the bikes is turn signals (US marker lights have to be labeled "DOT"), gauges, and markings.
You know the Austin Powers movies? I have always wanted to date someone like Allota Fagina... but I always seem to date her sister Sandy.
--------------------------------------