VOSA cars

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
StormingHonda

VOSA cars

Post by StormingHonda »

On the way home I see a VOSA car, are these to do with speeding or from the website, they seem to be more about policing heavy vehicals like lorries and buses.
vtrsteve

Re: VOSA cars

Post by vtrsteve »

They are only really bothered with HGV's nowt to do with speed checks, anpr etc
Tail

Post by Tail »

some do have speed cameras, youll know if they have, they have a massive sticker on them of a camera, were you riding at it or away from it?
Catch me if you can
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Tail wrote:some do have speed cameras, youll know if they have, they have a massive sticker on them of a camera, were you riding at it or away from it?
I was riding away from it, the guy seemed to be pulled up on the slip road and was doing something in the car.
Tail

Post by Tail »

fingers crossed you dont get a letter throught the post
Catch me if you can
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I think you will find when speeding cameras are involved it's a joint operation with the fuzz and VOSA. vosa being there to check tax vin numbers etc. VOSA are only concerned about your vehicle details and it's roadworthyness. Especially HGV's

The cameras that VOSA sometimes use, I thought where for checking tax discs and number plates. I may be wrong but that's what I think.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Tail

Post by Tail »

Trust me there is some vosa cars out there with speed cameras, seen a few in central london, also a couple on the m6 in the midlands, i dont think its their bread and butter but i reckon they do use them from time to time
Catch me if you can
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Tail wrote:fingers crossed you dont get a letter throught the post
To be honest I wasnt really speeding that much I was on the Harley I over took a car on the right lane and when I went to the middle land I slowed down to 50 on the A13, wasnt worried about a ticket, just wondered if they had cameras.

I did read that they are more concerned with lorries and stuff, theres A LOT of lorries depos in Purfleet.

An internet search brought up a answer from VOSA to someones letter.

3) Are they fitted with ANPR systems and speed enforcement equipment? Most do have ANPR equipment. VOSA do not carry out speed enforcement however we do enforce speed restriction legislation.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

VOSA do not carry out speed enforcement however we do enforce speed restriction legislation.
That's a bit contradictory. Do not carry out speed enforcement. We do enforce speed restriction.
So how would you enforce speed restriction without speed enforcement :lol: :lol:

Little wombles I guess I'm gonna have to look out for them now as well.

StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

cybercarl wrote:
VOSA do not carry out speed enforcement however we do enforce speed restriction legislation.
That's a bit contradictory. Do not carry out speed enforcement. We do enforce speed restriction.
So how would you enforce speed restriction without speed enforcement :lol: :lol:

Little flapjacks I guess I'm gonna have to look out for them now as well.

Might be something to do with speed restrictions on certian vehicals.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Found http://www.kent.police.uk/about_us/policies/p/p04.html interesting

Read down to 12.3
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

http://www.kent.police.uk/about_us/policies/p/p04.html
Some interesting stuff in there, but nothing about VOSA.

:thumbup:

Vtrkidda

Post by Vtrkidda »

:Finger: To VOSA and speed traps
Loud pipes save lives!
edds11

Post by edds11 »

Dont worry about VOSA, they look after Lorry's, buses, coaches and drivers of the above, they have no interest at all with Bikes. They are the Transport Police. Vehicle and Operators Standards Agency's.
The speed restrictions they talk about are the speed restrictions put on HGV's Coaches and others in their everday use, these are tested when these vehicles are MOTed not with camera's.
Hope this helps
benny hedges

Post by benny hedges »

edds11 wrote:Dont worry about VOSA, they look after Lorry's, buses, coaches and drivers of the above, they have no interest at all with Bikes.
er they do...

like the other week at the scotch piper meet, they'd set up a roadblock and were pulling bikers at random.
small plates, exhausts, other stuff that u expect plod to do....

maybe thats the way its going... spose it gives them something to do instead of just driving up n down the motorways all day at 55mph :Ball Kick:
You do not have to say anything. But it may harm your defence if you do not mention when posting something which you later rely on in quote. Anything you do say may be ripped to sh*t.